QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?

Go down 
+19
scooter
gump
Tequila
rockrolls
Lee
Jim and Mary
suze
Tumbleweed
Switchback Roller
Ruger
Mr.Ed
Prairie Pounder
giddyupgirl
DJ750
midget
Sportsman
Bascom
G Bob
wacker
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 10:23 am

Good looking (back at you) plate of food. Very Happy

Because of WACKER, I've received many an odd look from other diners while taking a pic of my meal before digging in. Sometimes, those odd looks start with my wife while I'm staging (our) food for the perfect shot. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jim and Mary

Jim and Mary

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 10:30 am

Prairie Pounder, that is so funny about the "look" from others because I too have picked up the habit of taking pictures of our food for our dear friend Wacker! But as Wacker said,
"it's nice seeing different stuff where people go and eat".
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 10:53 am

Mary~

I've thought about trying to act like a food critic, so people might think I was someone cool. Maybe jot down some notes. Talk into my phone, perhaps. But even if that worked, it would be short lived. I eat like a hungry dog and don't know which fork to use. Embarassed

The food-critic ploy could work for you and Jim. You two are highly refined and polished. In a non-snooty kind-of-way.

sunny
Back to top Go down
giddyupgirl

giddyupgirl

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 11:02 pm

Prairie Pounder wrote:
I eat like a hungry dog and don't know which fork to use. Embarassed sunny

Greg tried to keep his salad fork on a cruise and the waiter made him give it up. The waiter showed us 5 different forks to be used for different foods. When Greg said, "There's nothing wrong with this fork, I'll keep it." The waiter said, "Oh no, the dishwasher needs his job too." lol!
Back to top Go down
Tequila

Tequila

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 11:19 am

Has anyone tried a "Quaker Steak & Lube"??
An ad for the one near Scranton indicates motorcycles hanging from the ceiling??
Back to top Go down
Jim and Mary

Jim and Mary

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Yes, Jim and I have eaten at "Quaker Steak & Lube". We use to stop each month on our business trips to Michigan and I think the town was called Cranberry, PA. There specialty is wings and they have so many different kinds to choose from and lots of different sauces. The food was very good.
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 12:35 pm

Tequila wrote:
Has anyone tried a "Quaker Steak & Lube"??
An ad for the one near Scranton indicates motorcycles hanging from the ceiling??

Yep, been there for the wings multiple times. They have some pretty good sauces. The orginal location is in Sharon, PA.

Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 And-of-course-no-visit

Been to the original location a couple of times and to one of their locations on west of Cleveland.

Busy place.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 3:03 pm

I guess I'm going to have to find one someday and try it out. Cool
Back to top Go down
Punisher

Punisher

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 6:02 pm

There is one in South Charleston , WV on 119 just as you are leaving town.
About 1/2 hr north of the Coal River trailhead .
That one and some of the ones in Ohio ( Dayton , Columbus )have race cars hanging from the ceiling and inside & outside.
They sponsored our race cars & Truck about 10 years ago at Daytona , Nashville , ,Charlotte ,Kentucky Talladega & some other races .
The last time I was at the one in South charleston WV pieces of our old Arca Ford Taurus were still in there and so were pictures of our race team.
I hauled the M&M's car that's at the Dayton Ohio store from Charlotte to Dayton .
The Budweiser #8 car hanging in Columbus was originally a Busch grand national car & the Valvoline car out front was originally a #26 Johnny Benson Hamburger Helper decaled Roush Road race car that Sarah Fischers dad had
purchased from Earl Baltes . They never ran it in.
We re-made that car into a Valvoline Taurus after is weathered a few years.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 6:42 pm

Nice info. thanks. Cabelas is across from the one in Charleston
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 6:56 pm

wacker wrote:

I guess I'm going to have to find one someday and try it out. Cool
I'm closer to one then I thought... it's a 'two fir' on the way to HMT. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sportsman

Sportsman

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 7:18 pm

Also there is one in Wheeling Wv. next to the Cabela's. Been there myself. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tequila

Tequila

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 10:35 am

Cool ! Guess I know where we will have stop next time we're going through South Charleston!

Yampol stayed near Cranberry Pa on business trip...but didn't know about the one there either.

Where is Sharon, PA? ....
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 1:11 pm

Just across the OH/PA border, east of Youngstown, off I-80.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 11:11 am

There is one in the same area as the Wheeling Cabelas store. Been there a couple of times. The wings are good and so are the burgers. I felt like they over-sold the heat of their wings. I had mild wings my first visit when I thought they would be "hot". If you want truly hot wings, you need to order close to the top of their heat range. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:07 am

I'm been in Miami since Wednesday for the boat show. It seemed fitting to eat directly off the boat last night. It was some place on Washington Street. It was good.

Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Boat3_zps7571d8e8

Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Boat1_zps559f7da4
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:48 am

To each their own. Laughing That is probably the only diet that would work for me. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Timmi

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 7:39 pm

yea.....

Prairie Pounder wrote:
To each their own. Laughing That is probably the only diet that would work for me. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ttimmii/
G Bob

G Bob

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 9:08 am

Looks like someone forgot to deep fry your food Lee Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 10:49 am

That's a pretty big fish boat you had there Lee...

Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Croisiere
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 12:09 pm

It was for more than me. Boss ordered two of them for 8 eaters. Have I finally hit on something you will not eat Greg? Shocked That place didn't even have silverware. The toothpicks, and for some reason eveyone had two, were big enough you could spear your grub with them. Maybe we were suppose to add line and 'fish' or something.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 6:09 pm

Shocked I'll never say never... but let's just say it's not high on my list
Back to top Go down
GeerHead

GeerHead

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 7:24 am

yum, sushi is good. cheers Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 669999
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 7:13 pm

I would never eat anything I would put on a hook to fish with Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 10:53 am

Bread too? LOL We have caught a lot of Robins with bread. I do know what you mean though and did pick and choose. The eel wasn't quite to my liking. That stuff is true bottom feeder bait Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next