QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?

Go down 
+19
scooter
gump
Tequila
rockrolls
Lee
Jim and Mary
suze
Tumbleweed
Switchback Roller
Ruger
Mr.Ed
Prairie Pounder
giddyupgirl
DJ750
midget
Sportsman
Bascom
G Bob
wacker
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Ruger

Ruger

Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

At least we made it to Hofbrauhaus.

Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 DSCN4108
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 8:15 pm

And Primanti Bros.

Cappicola & Egg Sandwich

Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 DSC01782
Back to top Go down
Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 6:36 pm

Desert to go with the sandwich.

From Caribean Cruise Dec 6 to Dec 14 - 2013
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 10:38 pm

Really enjoyed this place...

The Baja Burger was recommended by the waitress.  

She was Right On  Exclamation " I'll Be Back... "   Laughing 

Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 1570856437_cd8efa3e42

Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Bajaburger
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 10:06 am

A Meal in Miami

Although today started as most other days, with the sun rising in the east over the Atlantic Ocean, things took a turn toward the strange later in the day. Trying to get a meal in Miami during the boat show can be downright challenging due to the crowds. Having attended this show for probably 20 years, I recommended to Doug (his real name) that we go to dinner early (by boat show standards) to the Eden Roc Resort and beat said crowds, hoping to have dinner around 5.30.

The Eden Roc has long been a lunch destination, but I have never had dinner there.
We arrived to find out they do not start serving dinner until 6. I had to make a reservation for 30 minutes later and was quizzed on where I was staying, asked if I had any food allergies, and had to provide a phone number. I was standing right in front of the two charming hostess and wondered if all customers were screened this thoroughly. Forced to wait, we did what we do and went to one of the bars in the lobby.

Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Bar_zps68d88570

After a round of exorbitantly priced drinks (@ $38 per for 2), 6 o’clock was upon us. We were promptly seated having passed the afore mentioned screening process. Like all others, we were provided menus. The dinner menu was quite different than the lunch menu, with entrées topping $150. This was quite a shock, as most companies frown on spending at this level, ours included. I began to think this star thing (1 star, 5 star, etc) may represent a warning system of sorts, 5 meaning dismissal from the organization. I flew down on a chartered jet, but even I know taboo when I see it.

We were in trouble form the start. I have a fascination with Shrimp and Grits and try it were I find it. New Orleans freaked me out, serving feelers, head and all, while Jacksonville FL blew me away with the best I’ve ever had. It was on the menu as an appetizer so I ordered it. It was truly shrimp and grit in the singular.

The way the shrimp (in true singular form) looked at me was creepy as hell. It was a BIG shrimp – the biggest I’ve seen. I couldn’t see the grit until I moved one of the grapes. I thought it was a mushroom or tomato. I fell back on my redneck upbringing and field stripped the shrimp. It looked at me in disgust from the ‘bread’ plate.

Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 TheShrimp_zps9595bd3b

As the shrimp carcass watched, we ordered a local beer instead of $15 liquors or $25 a glass wines. It was really no surprise they were $11 each. I ordered a side of mashed potatoes that not resemble any mashed potatoes I had ever seen. Doug’s side was listed as rice, and we’re still not sure what it really was. We laughed, relieving the stress as best we could.

I think I could go on, but let’s just say we will not make this mistake again. I left feeling bloated, and Doug said he didn’t feel satisfied . A very expensive lesson learned!

We returned to our hotel, the Miami Beach Resort, to review our experience. They had live entertainment, or was it? I happened to sit adjacent the left speaker, affording me a behind the scene view of the entertainers. It was amazing that although his fingers didn’t really touch the keyboard, the notes were steadily coming through the speakers. It was also perplexing that they (a Latin couple) could move away from the microphone, or even stop singing, and their voices, or some voices, would continue singing.

Everything seems to be fake here, including or especially those things some women carry on their chest that draw men’s attention.

This was just one meal of many we will have before we get the health out of here. I’m so ready to get out.

And no, that's not even the real moon over Miami...

Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Moon_zps2bf18f79

Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 5:34 pm

wacker wrote:
[size=14]
Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 1570856437_cd8efa3e42

Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Bajaburger

Did you inform them that's the wrong kind of dog and the wrong spelling.
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 5:35 pm

$38 for 2 drinks?

affraid 
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 10:43 pm

Yep.  They really stick it to you down here during the shows. Thank goodness I go home tomorrow!!

Hey Greg, you want A shrimp?  cyclops   At least it was cooked.  Kind of...
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:02 am

So does one really large expensive sprimp taste any better than a bunch of smaller, cheaper shrimp? And at what point does a really large shrimp not become a lobster? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 1:18 pm

There's a story for the Ol' Memory Book  Laughing 

Is that a picture of the 'mashed potato' side dish  Question 

Usually in general, 'while I'm eating', I don't something
else looking up at me from the same tabletop...  Exclamation Suspect
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 1:39 pm

Ruger wrote:

Did you inform them that's the wrong kind of dog and the wrong spelling.

I thought about the spelling of the places' name while I stood at the end of the bar looking at the menu, right beside the door while waiting for a table.

During this time several people left and more came in to wait at the bar.  All I can figure is since I was 'Tall, BIG and Burly Faced' with a black jacket and black fleece cap on my head and I was standing between the door and bar - I most likely looked like the bouncer...?  A younger guy not hardly clearing the door had his drivers license out in his hand asking, "You checking I.D.?"  I never flinched or missed a beat, I said, "Yep" took it, turned to the bar light while looking at it closely then returned it while saying, "...have a great evening".  My friend could hardly keep from laughing out loud while I never even cracked a smile or laughed.   Laughing 

http://www.kooperstavern.com/about-us.html
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 3:56 pm

Kelli said to tell you you should have told the guy there was a 5 buck cover charge Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 8:22 am

I like the way she thinks  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 9:32 am

I was in Wisconsin last week. I didn't have anything other than Crown on the rocks, which was mixed perfectly, and a small snack here, but I couldn't help but think of Wacker...

Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Greg110

Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Greg210
Back to top Go down
Punisher

Punisher

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 4:12 am

Did you get any cheese while you were there ?
Should have got a cheese head , you could put an atv-wv sticker on it while holding trail pop in a QC riders oozie & we could all take turns posing with it on under the banner! Lol
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 7:46 pm

Helped knock a dent in my first ever "Shrimp Boil" Saturday Night - WoW    Exclamation  
Awesome...   cheers

Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 P1060014

Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 P1060023

Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 P1060038
Back to top Go down
Timmi

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 7:44 am

the appeal of this concoction escapes me, especially dumping it out to serve, I guess I need to have been raised below the Virginia state line Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ttimmii/
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 7:44 am

Guess who is happy about this......

Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Untitl10

That's right this guy.........

Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Picture%2B023
Back to top Go down
Punisher

Punisher

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 8:21 am

Yummmmmy!
A BACON CHESSEBURGER from Culvers !
Butterburgerrrrrrr!
And custard for dessert Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 6:15 pm

No pictures but been to the beach the past week. Great time.

Folly Beach south of Charleston,SC
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 8:36 pm

New Orleans this week.

Dracos charbroiled oysters. Yummy!

Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Dracos_zpse4b95935

Jacques-Mons alligator and shrimp cheesecake - not so much yummy...

Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Alligator_zps72e3d246
Back to top Go down
Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 7:12 am

Yuk
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 8:57 am

Wow... You sure do order some interesting stuff... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 9:07 am

I didn't order the cheesecake. It just showed up. Then I booted it on along. I do believe these folks down here will cook and eat just about anything.

Mr.Ed wrote:
Yuk

Yep... Laughing
Back to top Go down
suze

suze

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 10:05 am

Very interesting....I'd like to go to New Orleans sometime and try the food.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?   Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It? - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Food ~ Where You Been? What You Had? Why You Like It?
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next