QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thanksgiving ????

Go down 
+4
Sportsman
Ruger
Switchback Roller
G Bob
8 posters
AuthorMessage
G Bob

G Bob

Thanksgiving ???? Empty
PostSubject: Thanksgiving ????   Thanksgiving ???? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:50 am

Thought I might use the day off to see if I could get anything accomplished on the brute force. I had ordered new rear bushings after the labor day ride and hadnt felt the inclination to put them on. Pulled the rear wheel off and the first thing that was obvious was that the wheel bearings I put in back in the spring were shot already. Maybe thats why allballs are 15 bucks each cheaper than stock wheel bearings. I put new ones in Jos and mine and one season of riding later they need replaced. So then I notice a dark spot on the inner cv boot...looks like grease..yep. Theres a tear in the boot....arrrrggggggg. On the bright side the axle popped out much easier than Jos yama did and with my experience and the little stap tightening tool I should have no problems replacing the boot. So its off to the internet to order parts.

Ohhhh and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
Switchback Roller

Switchback Roller

Thanksgiving ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving ????   Thanksgiving ???? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 11:53 am

Crying or Very sad No Hunting today with all this RAIN Sad Sad Hope tomorrow is dry and COLD
Happy Thanksgiving to ALL sunny
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

Thanksgiving ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving ????   Thanksgiving ???? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 12:59 pm

Ya the green blob washed out this mornings plans. Mad
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

Thanksgiving ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving ????   Thanksgiving ???? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 5:17 pm

Just thought I'd let you all know that I've been corresponding with alls balls today and they were kind enough to offer to send me a new set of bearings for both Jos and my atv. Since I had replaced both sets of rear bearings on our atv in the spring (with all balls ) and again this week I felt like either I was maybe doing something wrong or maybe they were having problems with their bearings. Paul asked questions reguarding my installation process, made a couple suggestions and then offered the replacement bearings. In my book you cant do anymore than that.
Back to top Go down
Sportsman

Sportsman

Thanksgiving ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving ????   Thanksgiving ???? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 6:07 pm

Hey Bob, do those bearing come sealed and prepacked with Grease. I may have a suggestion for you too. At least they were willing to offer you the new ones. Some places would just say, "It's your tough luck"
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

Thanksgiving ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving ????   Thanksgiving ???? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 6:40 pm

yeah they are sealed and packed Jeff
Back to top Go down
Sportsman

Sportsman

Thanksgiving ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving ????   Thanksgiving ???? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 8:26 pm

1 bearing I replaced on the 700, had very little grease packed in it. I was able to use a needle grease adapter and added some more grease to the bearing. It has been in there for over 1500 miles now.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Thanksgiving ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving ????   Thanksgiving ???? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 9:48 pm

G Bob wrote:
In my book you cant do anymore than that.

Nope... now a days your lucking to even get anyone to talk to you about a problem.
Congrats ~ New AllBalls on the way for G-Bob Cool
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

Thanksgiving ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving ????   Thanksgiving ???? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 8:49 am

Congrats on the new Balls G!!!!!! Smiley
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

Thanksgiving ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving ????   Thanksgiving ???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:24 pm

finished the right side today and got around to the left rear. Replaced the wheel bearings and I still have some play. Guess I'll have to order the rebuild kit for the left side next. Theres another 120 bucks and another couple hours work. I like the new derilin bushings for the hub but getting the old aluminum bushings pounded out of the hub was quite a chore. Hopefully I will have this thing ready to go by new years Smile
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

Thanksgiving ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving ????   Thanksgiving ???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 7:39 pm

Plastic bushings aren't much easier, G. Using an air chisel helps. Not sure how that would work on aluminum. Keep working...Hoping to see you New Years. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Thanksgiving ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving ????   Thanksgiving ???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 8:47 pm

Stay on top of it Tall Guy... See ya soon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

Thanksgiving ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving ????   Thanksgiving ???? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 7:59 pm

Started on the left side tonight. upper swing arm was missing a bolt so one corner was just floating in the breeze. Since the top a-arm was tight on right side I didnt replace bushings on it so I used the spare parts to work on the left side till the repair kit comes in. Wonder how long I would have to leave them in a parking lot in Princeton before someone stole them Wink
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

Thanksgiving ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving ????   Thanksgiving ???? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 8:12 pm

Wooohoooooo.. looks like everything is back together and tight. Special thanks to Wacker or Sportsman or whoever gave me the idea to use a rachet strap to hold the rear hub while tightening the axel nut. Also worked wonders for holding the front hub while I tightened the inner tie rod bolts. I just strapped the front hub to the bumper using one of my 2000 lb tie down straps and I was able to put the tighten right on that nut Smile I just need to install my new battery and hopefully I'll be ready to roll or slide or whatever
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Thanksgiving ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving ????   Thanksgiving ???? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 8:34 pm

Thanksgiving ???? 339301 Let's ride Baby!
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

Thanksgiving ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving ????   Thanksgiving ???? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 9:03 am

Cool deal G glad your ready to go!! That is a good idea on the strap may have to steal that one.
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

Thanksgiving ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving ????   Thanksgiving ???? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:48 am

Still trying to figure out the weird steering on Jos Kodiak..you think this might have something to do with it?

Thanksgiving ???? 5280481296_0bf34f600b_z
IMG_1655 by gbobbrown, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed

Thanksgiving ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving ????   Thanksgiving ???? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:20 am

Not a bit. A vice and hammer will fix that. Or a new one Smile
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Thanksgiving ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving ????   Thanksgiving ???? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:37 am

Go Jo !

Thanksgiving ???? 776239

Thanksgiving ???? 339301
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

Thanksgiving ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving ????   Thanksgiving ???? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:31 pm

had already straightened it once before so I ordered a couple used ones off ebay
Back to top Go down
Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed

Thanksgiving ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving ????   Thanksgiving ???? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 3:22 pm

Nothing but the best for Jo, used parts Laughing
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Thanksgiving ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving ????   Thanksgiving ???? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 3:37 pm

Thanksgiving ???? 392913

Used is "good" enough, if a new bike is in her future....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thanksgiving ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving ????   Thanksgiving ???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thanksgiving ????
Page 1 of 1