QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

anyone have the lock and ride cargo box?

Go down 
+3
Mr.Ed
wacker
Dixiecop28
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dixiecop28

Dixiecop28

anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? Empty
PostSubject: anyone have the lock and ride cargo box?   anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:44 pm

if you do is it worth the money? the cheapest i can find it is for around $200 shipped.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohiopuddlejumpers.com
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: anyone have the lock and ride cargo box?   anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:22 pm

I know a few do ~ we went this route because of cost & wanting to be able to haul
more stuff for overnight trips, plus extra gas can either be 2 1/2 or a 5 gallon can.

anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? CIMG3724 anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? CIMG3722

anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? CIMG3726 anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? CIMG3723

Back to top Go down
Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed

PostSubject: Re: anyone have the lock and ride cargo box?   anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:57 pm

Midget has one, he got it off me. Is it worth the $$$ probably not. You can put 4 small coolers in it with some room left on top. Guess it depends on what you want to hall. If you are like Wacker you take the Fridge. for snacks and stop at the Sterling Drive Inn for the main course anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? 566847
Back to top Go down
Dixiecop28

Dixiecop28

PostSubject: Re: anyone have the lock and ride cargo box?   anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 5:48 pm

thats a cool idea wacker, i like the tie downs spots. That was the big problem I was having was finding a box that fits in the little drop down section of the bed and that would fix that problem.

Mr. ed I was planning on making my own gas can and cooler holders for each side of the box or for trips that I wont need extra gas maybe a second cooler for even more snacks. You can never have too many snacks lol. By looking at the gas can and cooler holders they dont look like they would be that hard to make.
Back to top Go down
slopoke

slopoke

PostSubject: Re: anyone have the lock and ride cargo box?   anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 7:13 pm

Dixie, I would sell mine for $100 if you want it. i used the anchors for my current box so you could make them yourself pretty easy though.
Back to top Go down
Dixiecop28

Dixiecop28

PostSubject: Re: anyone have the lock and ride cargo box?   anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 7:30 pm

slopoke I am very intrested in it. do you have two boxes or something?
Back to top Go down
slopoke

slopoke

PostSubject: Re: anyone have the lock and ride cargo box?   anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 8:11 pm

Dixiecop28 wrote:
slopoke I am very intrested in it. do you have two boxes or something?
I have to be very careful how I answer this question. Twisted Evil
Because my sweetheart Chin rides with me. The L+R Polaris box did not fit all of HER supplies.
So I got a larger one.
This box is the original and was used for only 4-5 rides before I got the other. You can make the anchors or buy them from Highlifter or elsewhere,
I think Greg posted a link on here somewhere. I would think it would be maybe $20-30 total to make four of them.
The footprint of this box allows the lock and ride gas can rack on one side and a good size cooler on the other side.

I live in Centerburg and weather permitting could meet you somewhere 1/2 way if that would help you out.
Back to top Go down
Dixiecop28

Dixiecop28

PostSubject: Re: anyone have the lock and ride cargo box?   anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 8:30 pm

that would be great!! just to make sure it is this one right?? if it is I will buy it off ya. anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? Yhst-76800471066344_2139_11987841

I live in Bellevue so let me know where ya would like it meet. with my work schedule i work afternoons and have thur and fri off so one of those days would work best if not then any other day if we could meet sometime before 11 am would be great. I will PM ya my phone number. looking at mapquest the closest big town around halfway is bucyrus or mansfield. whatever works for you though just let me know.

Last edited by Dixiecop28 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gump

gump

PostSubject: Re: anyone have the lock and ride cargo box?   anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 8:34 pm

Dixie i do not have one but a friend i ride with has it and complains all the time about it. One of his complaints is water gets in it all the time.
Back to top Go down
Dixiecop28

Dixiecop28

PostSubject: Re: anyone have the lock and ride cargo box?   anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 8:37 pm

gump the thing i read about with water getting in is there is a hole on the bottom of the box to let water out. I guess if you silicone the hole shut it is good to go. at least that is what i have been reading.
Back to top Go down
gump

gump

PostSubject: Re: anyone have the lock and ride cargo box?   anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Yea that would work i never even looked into his i thought about getting one but he complained so much and the price was too high. I have a map bag and it seems to do ok for my needs. I also carry my spare tire where the box goes so it wouldnt work for me. Plus until i loose 50-100 lbs lol more weight will slow me down. I need all there is in that little 800 cc engine to keep up with ruger
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: anyone have the lock and ride cargo box?   anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 9:46 pm

You keep up pretty good Gump.
Back to top Go down
Yampol

Yampol

PostSubject: Re: anyone have the lock and ride cargo box?   anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 8:02 am

Hi Dixiecop28, I have one and I like it. We don't travel as far as Wacker and Mr Ed, so I don't need to take as much with me. I can fit a nice size cooler on one side, and a 5 gallon can on the other side. I even put tie downs in the holes on top of the box to tie down extra clothes etc. It does get hot inside when trail riding, so I cut up a thermal foil winshield cover and put a layer inside and one on the underside (got this idea from Midget). You can either make your own lock and ride tie downs (see earlier post on this forum), or by them from Rocky Mtn ATV. Never had any water in mine yet.

anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? 760955
Back to top Go down
gump

gump

PostSubject: Re: anyone have the lock and ride cargo box?   anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 8:54 am

Yea BUT he also never had mud or dirt on his machine either
Yampol wrote:
Hi Dixiecop28, I have one and I like it. We don't travel as far as Wacker and Mr Ed, so I don't need to take as much with me. I can fit a nice size cooler on one side, and a 5 gallon can on the other side. I even put tie downs in the holes on top of the box to tie down extra clothes etc. It does get hot inside when trail riding, so I cut up a thermal foil winshield cover and put a layer inside and one on the underside (got this idea from Midget). You can either make your own lock and ride tie downs (see earlier post on this forum), or by them from Rocky Mtn ATV. Never had any water in mine yet.

anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? 760955
lol!
Back to top Go down
Yampol

Yampol

PostSubject: Re: anyone have the lock and ride cargo box?   anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:09 am

You just never saw it dirty Gump!!! Tequila keeps it spic & span clean!!

Very Happy anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? 760955
Back to top Go down
gump

gump

PostSubject: Re: anyone have the lock and ride cargo box?   anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:17 am

Boy all say im still wanting her to make mine look good again
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: anyone have the lock and ride cargo box?   anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:11 pm

Mr.Ed wrote:
If you are like Wacker you take the Fridge. for snacks and stop at the Sterling Drive Inn for the main course anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? 566847

Hey now... I've not quite gotten to the point of taking the Honda generator,
microwave and coffee maker yet, but it sure would be nice when it's cold. Cool

anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? CIMG2934
Back to top Go down
Dixiecop28

Dixiecop28

PostSubject: Re: anyone have the lock and ride cargo box?   anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 7:42 pm

which lock and ride latches are for the inside of the polaris box. do these work or is there a different type for inside the box.

anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? !BtO+Hj!!Wk~$(KGrHqQH-D!Evqkmp6LPBL7E4cHSz!~~_12
Back to top Go down
slopoke

slopoke

PostSubject: Re: anyone have the lock and ride cargo box?   anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 7:53 pm

yes that's the ones.
Back to top Go down
Dixiecop28

Dixiecop28

PostSubject: Re: anyone have the lock and ride cargo box?   anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 7:58 pm

cool thanks mike. I was not sure because the holes on the inside of the box were alot smaller.
Back to top Go down
slopoke

slopoke

PostSubject: Re: anyone have the lock and ride cargo box?   anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 4:36 am

That confused me too, but just the bolt goes through the narrow cargo box holes. eveything else is under the box.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone have the lock and ride cargo box?   anyone have the lock and ride cargo box? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

anyone have the lock and ride cargo box?
Page 1 of 1