QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Yampol

Yampol

Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR Empty
PostSubject: Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR   Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:06 am

Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR Icon_question Has anyone made any lock & ride tie downs for their RZR or other Polaris models? Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR Icon_question

Thanks,

YAMPOL
Back to top Go down
slopoke

slopoke

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR   Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 6:09 am

Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR   Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 6:50 am

I knew there was something over "there", but the search function doesn't seem to work very well for me... Neutral

Thanks for linking to it Slopoke.
Back to top Go down
slopoke

slopoke

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR   Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:26 pm

No problem Greg, glad to be of help.
Yampol I bought the expansion plugs mentioned in the link and put an eye bolt through them with a fender washer on top of the plug and a small flat washer and nut on the bottom.
I put some rubber dip primer on first and after it dried dipped it in rubber black dip to match the rzr.
The dip paint wears off after a while and is an option but I had it already so wth.
Just don't tighten the nut down too tight or you may crack your bed plastic. I put them in the hole and then turned the eye bolt to tighten as I had a crescent wrench on the nut below the bed.
I think these ended up costing me an hours time and 5 bucks each for 4 of them. Way better than the Polaris price.
Dont forget to make a parking brake...you will need it.
Back to top Go down
Yampol

Yampol

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR   Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:39 am

Thanks slopoke. Made the first one last night. Only got enough material for one. It appears to work, so I am going later today to purchase more. Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR Icon_smile

YAMPOL
Back to top Go down
Yampol

Yampol

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR   Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Tell me more anout a parking brake.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR   Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 1:07 pm

slopoke wrote:
Dont forget to make a parking brake...you will need it.

Which one did you end up making Question Neutral
Back to top Go down
slopoke

slopoke

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR   Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:11 pm

I used a pc. of grey pvc 1/2" conduit. I rough measured the length and after looking at the brake pedal felt the best way would be to notch one end of the counduit so it would wedge onto the pedal lever. I did this with a hacksaw followed by needle nose pliers to clean the notch up a little.
The upper end I cut to length after pushing the brake down all the way to get the correct measurement.
I think this process took 10 minutes total including an adult beverage which is where the story gets twisted.
I then thought how to secure the conduit in the vehicle and how much easier it would be to use something already in the vehicle. Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR Icon_idea
So I took the pin out of the t-handle for the co-pilot and decided to cut a similar notch in the end of it with my die grinder.
Then I took an extra ram mount for my gps which is held on by a u-bolt and wrapped it around the tilt steering cylinder with the ball of the mount facing the drivers seat. Perfect fit right in the groove and now I can use the t-handle for a brake if needed. btw I also bought the napa cable which mounts to the dash but now I have no need for it.
I got a heater-defroster as a gift for plowing my families driveways this winter and will mount that where the napa cable was intended.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR   Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:55 pm

So you don't carry or use the PVC piece at all now? Cool
Back to top Go down
Yampol

Yampol

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR   Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 10:38 am

Wacker. I used a Hillman expansion plug, and a 5/16 x 31/4 eyebolt and of course some fender washers. This works pretty good, but I still want to experiment some more.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR   Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 4:02 pm

Yampol wrote:
Wacker. I used a Hillman expansion plug, and a 5/16 x 31/4 eyebolt and of course some fender washers. This works pretty good, but I still want to experiment some more.

Where you been shopping at Question

Lowes, The Depot or True Value...
Back to top Go down
Yampol

Yampol

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR   Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:24 am

[img:4206]https://quadcrewriders.forumotion.com/side-x-side-f25/Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR DSCN2282[/img][img:4206]https://quadcrewriders.forumotion.com/side-x-side-f25/Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR DSCN2281[/img]

Well I took a little ride on the trike to Tractor Supply and purchased the following. I bought a 1" snap plug, a 5/16" x 3 1/4 " eyebolt, a 5/16" x 1 1/4" fender washer, a 5/16" self locking nut, and the other washer I had. All cost less than 5 bucks. I took the snap plug apart and inserted the eyebolt with the fender washer on it into the rubber from the snap plug, a washer and the nut. The pictures show the parts, the finished product, and in use. Looks and works pretty good. Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR   Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 5:37 pm

Nice finished product... without the "RZR Tax"

Cool pictures & install. Smile
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR   Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 6:00 pm

Here's another option if you order anything RMATV.com

$6.99 / PAIR

Tusk Cargo Anchor | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC
Back to top Go down
Dixiecop28

Dixiecop28

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR   Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 5:36 pm

anyone order a pair of the rocky Mountian ones?? only thing I think I would change on them is to put a wood nut with the barbs on the bottom that way you can just tighten them on not have to get a wrench on the bottom. Yampol how is the one from TSC you made holding up??
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohiopuddlejumpers.com
Yampol

Yampol

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR   Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 11:59 am

The ones from Rocky Mtn. are better, and about the same price without shipping.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR   Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Home Made Lock & Ride Tie Downs for Polaris RZR
Page 1 of 1