QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Veterans Day Ride

Go down 
+4
polarislover
giddyupgirl
midget
Tequila
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tequila

Tequila

Veterans Day Ride Empty
PostSubject: Veterans Day Ride   Veterans Day Ride Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:20 pm

Ride report Pinnacle Creek 11/10 – 11/13/10

With a weather forecast indicating moderate temperatures for Veteran’s Day and Yampol able to take a couple vacation days – a last minute decision was made to go to Hatfield McCoy. After a call to our friend and favorite lodging owner (PL) – who was going to be MIA during our visit – we said the heck with it, we’re gonna skip it. We always enjoy our visit with PL and Sherides and it just wasn’t going to be the same. Another day passes and now the forecast has temps rising to nearly 70. So, we decide to go to Pinnacle Creek for Thursday & Friday after all.
Wednesday, we made our way to Twin Falls, checked in and unpacked just before dark. Gosh it sure is dark there! Thursday – We were on the trail @ P/C about 10:30 (got a late start). We saw lots of deer, a pheasant, but not one rider on the trails. The trails were in good condition… except for 10, which was annoying. The trailhead had a few rigs parked there when we finished riding. We talked with a few guys from the MD Eastern Shore area while loading up about places to ride, then headed out. Dinner was carry out - pizza and salad from Fox’s in Pineville to take back to the cabin. It was a quiet night in Twin Falls Park except for the coyotes. Friday – We got an earlier start today. We wanted to try the new connector to Indian Ridge. Apparently everyone had the same idea at both ends, as there were a good number of riders on the connector trail. It was a bit tight in some spots, but no problems were encountered. Everyone was fairly courteous, but a number of riders didn’t seem to know about the hand signals, it would have helped at some of the tight/blind turns. We went up into IR , stopped for a packed lunch break and headed back. On the trail leading back to Northfork there were 3 locals gathering scrap metal onto their pickup truck. I was anxious about that …as one guy was watching we didn’t drop over the side of the trail, one guy was watching to make certain we didn’t hit the truck, and the third one was in the truck trying to make as much room as possible. They were polite and apologetic about blocking the trail. We made our way back, again meeting quite a few riders on the connector. Yampol really enjoyed the connector trail. We had 105 miles on the odometer for the two days.
The other cabins were sparsely occupied Wednesday and Thursday nights. Not the case Friday night. It appeared that most were full. Unfortunately for us, the cabin next door was rented to some serious partiers! Just guessing…maybe a frat party. Lots of people and tuner cars. They went strong until about 3 am Saturday. Their deck was adjacent to our bedroom…not much sleep in our cabin that night. We were on the road before 9 Saturday morning, and home about 3. We were exhausted by the time we arrived home, did a little bit of unpacking and finished Sunday. A good weekend, with great weather!
Back to top Go down
midget

midget

Veterans Day Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veterans Day Ride   Veterans Day Ride Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 9:27 pm

Sounds like you guys had a good time.
You guys are putting the miles on that RZR. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
giddyupgirl

giddyupgirl

Veterans Day Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veterans Day Ride   Veterans Day Ride Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 9:40 pm

Sounds like a good time!
Back to top Go down
polarislover

polarislover

Veterans Day Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veterans Day Ride   Veterans Day Ride Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:33 am

Good rundown of the weekend and glad you decided to come to the trails. Sorry we were not able to be around, but we needed "time out" and the trip to the Smokey's was just the ticket. Our room had a hot tub in which I spent most of my indoor time...very entertaining! Hope to see you guys soon and thank you for great friendship! Be safe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.livingoodlodging.com
wacker

wacker

Veterans Day Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veterans Day Ride   Veterans Day Ride Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:33 pm

Nice Report... Thanks for sharing.

Two great trail systems for riding the RZR.

That's too bad about the frat party next door when your in the middle
of no where up in the mountain looking for some peace and quiet. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Veterans Day Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veterans Day Ride   Veterans Day Ride Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:43 pm

polarislover wrote:
.... trip to the Smokey's .... room had a hot tub in which I spent most of my indoor time...very entertaining!
Veterans Day Ride 796248 Veterans Day Ride HotTub02 Glad you guy's could get away for some R&R
Back to top Go down
polarislover

polarislover

Veterans Day Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veterans Day Ride   Veterans Day Ride Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 8:47 am

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy...doesn't do much for pl either!
Back to top Go down
http://www.livingoodlodging.com
G Bob

G Bob

Veterans Day Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veterans Day Ride   Veterans Day Ride Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 8:20 pm

nice ride report. sorry we missed it. Seems like all I'm getting done this time of year is work or sleep. I finally got Jo's atv back together but mine is still sitting down stairs waiting for me to clean up the broken bottle of oil in my box. The guys have called us the last two sundays about riding on Cold Knob but I just cant get in the mood to go arrrgggggg
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
suze

suze

Veterans Day Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veterans Day Ride   Veterans Day Ride Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 8:55 pm

Good report -- glad you had a nice time.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

Veterans Day Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veterans Day Ride   Veterans Day Ride Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:17 pm

Veterans Day Ride 33947
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Veterans Day Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veterans Day Ride   Veterans Day Ride Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Veterans Day Ride
Page 1 of 1