QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another type of report perhaps???

Go down 
+7
suze
midget
wacker
Prairie Pounder
Sportsman
G Bob
Ruger
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Ruger

Ruger

Another type of report perhaps??? Empty
PostSubject: Another type of report perhaps???   Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 9:46 pm

A certain QCR memeber was suppose to take a fishing trip up north, eh rendeer . Wonder how it went Question I'd like to see some pictures, wouldn't you Question
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

PostSubject: Re: Another type of report perhaps???   Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 9:55 pm

You'd think. He called me before he left and I got his old movies off his camera so he had room for new stuff but I dont guess we'll see anything till his next days off Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Another type of report perhaps???   Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 10:01 pm

He could even call me up if he can't get with your Wacker to help him upload and post pics.
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Another type of report perhaps???   Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 2:40 pm

Must have been a 3 week long trip.
Back to top Go down
Sportsman

Sportsman

PostSubject: Re: Another type of report perhaps???   Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 7:13 pm

I talked to a guy the other night that said he had been up North on a fishing trip. But then he said he was on the "Golf" course. Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_scratch He called back and said he was going to work. I think he was "Golfing" on Co. time. It was past his normal work time. Another type of report perhaps??? Lol
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

PostSubject: Re: Another type of report perhaps???   Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 7:25 am

Yeah, ~sort of~ golfing on company time. What a waste of vacation time. I think all that hook-setting I did up north messed up my golf swing.

Great trip, except for two things. 1) The 22 hour drive(s) in a not so comfy Yoder Toter style van. 2) Canuck Boarder Patrol Jerk-Wads. After they completely unloaded our completely jam-packed, hard-to-pack van onto a wet sidewalk and scrounged through all our stuff...They just smirked like the jerk-wads they are, and said, OK boys, you can go ahead and load er back up, eh? I hate those guys. They stopped every U.S. plated car during our 1 hour search. No Canuck cars at all. Complete bull poo... Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_evil

The good stuff included~~85 mile float plan ride over nothing but forest, lakes and rivers. No structures of any kind. Until we got to "our" lake and cabin. Very cool. The fishing?? Almost like cheating. We caught over 50 fish each and every day. Walleye and pike. I caught a 35" pike on a red and white RUGER spinner bait. (thanks, Ruger) Beautiful, quiet surroundings. Daylight from 5am until nearly 11pm. "Twilighty" the rest of the night. Aside from the mid-week visit from the outfitter, we saw no other person the entire week. Critters...Moose(5), black bears(2), bald eagles, beavers, pine martens, mink, foxes, loons and many other breeds of duck. That type of trip was a first for me. Absolutely loved it!! Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

PostSubject: Re: Another type of report perhaps???   Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 8:31 am

Cool PP.....sounds like a great time
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Another type of report perhaps???   Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 8:34 pm

Very Nice Trip Report... Thanks for posting some details...

Another type of report perhaps??? Smiley%20thumbs%20up
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Another type of report perhaps???   Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 10:01 pm

If it makes you feel any better they serached us at the border to eh. Great report but........wheres the pics?

Glad you had a great time. Nice to hear too that my lure landed you that 35 incher.

Sooo......How many lures of mine did ya lose?

Just kiddin, I don't care.
Back to top Go down
midget

midget

PostSubject: Re: Another type of report perhaps???   Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 6:17 am

Now that is what I call a nice trip!!!!

Sounds like a good place to recharge your batteries.

Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
suze

suze

PostSubject: Re: Another type of report perhaps???   Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:17 am

Wow, sounds wounderfull Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

PostSubject: Re: Another type of report perhaps???   Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 1:03 pm

Wow that sounds great!! Pics please
Back to top Go down
Meestermud

Meestermud

PostSubject: Re: Another type of report perhaps???   Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 2:14 pm

So,like how many Walleyes could you bring back? That's the sorry part in my oppinion.
Back to top Go down
giddyupgirl

giddyupgirl

PostSubject: Re: Another type of report perhaps???   Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:48 am

Sounds like a RELAXING place.
A real escape from the hustle and bustle. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Another type of report perhaps???   Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 9:12 am

The time we went, it was by far the most relaxing vacation ever.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

PostSubject: Re: Another type of report perhaps???   Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 4:29 pm

Very relaxing. The most remote place I have ever been. We did talk about not doing something too stupid...It could've been a long wait for medical help. Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_smile

No lures lost by me. Sure did knock the paint off a few of them. I have all of yours (Ruger's) in a separate storage pack. I will give them to you the next time I see you. Good choices. Thank you, again. Learned quickly to take my time with the pike. Very powerful fish. Even the "little" guys. I saw lures get torn apart by the "grass sharks". And once, all that returned to the boat after an aggressive hit was the leader and the diving bill off a 5" Rapala. Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_cool

Only allowed to bring home 4 walleye/pike per angler. Mine are already gone...

Here are a few pics....Take note of my thanks-to-G Bob life jacket. I promised Wi-Fee I would wear it since I swim only slightly better than my Grizz. Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_lol

View from float plane on the way to our cabin. My pike of the week. Big beaver hut. Typical sunset.

Another type of report perhaps??? Canadafishingtrip201001
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Another type of report perhaps??? Canadafishingtrip201005

Another type of report perhaps??? Canadafishingtrip201008

Another type of report perhaps??? Canadafishingtrip201011

Back to top Go down
giddyupgirl

giddyupgirl

PostSubject: Re: Another type of report perhaps???   Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 8:35 pm

WOW!
Beautiful.
I want to go! bounce
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Another type of report perhaps???   Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 6:37 am

Great Pics! Nice fish! cheers bounce

Who was the outfitter? And do you remember the name of the lake?

Thanks for posting the pictures. That's about the typical view from the float plane as I remember on our trip. Did you get to fly the plane? On the way back the pilot let me fly for about 5 minutes from the co-pilot's seat.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Another type of report perhaps???   Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 7:13 am

Nice photos... Great Memories I'm sure... Thanks for posting. Smile

Another type of report perhaps??? Awesome1
Back to top Go down
Switchback Roller

Switchback Roller

PostSubject: Re: Another type of report perhaps???   Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 8:00 am

Very Happy PP nice pics and when Ruger and I went it was relaxing!! The week went fast for us I wasn't ready to leave!!
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

PostSubject: Re: Another type of report perhaps???   Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 9:11 am

WOW free smileys
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

PostSubject: Re: Another type of report perhaps???   Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Another type of report perhaps???   Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 12:30 pm

Looks as if you were alot farther north than the lake we were at. You were up there eh.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

PostSubject: Re: Another type of report perhaps???   Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 3:25 pm

Yes. Splitting firewood would be easy up there. Nothing grew big enough to require being split. Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another type of report perhaps???   Another type of report perhaps??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another type of report perhaps???
Page 1 of 1