QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gopro Hd camera

Go down 
+2
wacker
Dixiecop28
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dixiecop28

Dixiecop28

Gopro Hd camera Empty
PostSubject: Gopro Hd camera   Gopro Hd camera Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 4:28 pm

I just got a gopro camera and am trying to figure out the best spot to mount it. I dont want to see to much of the hood while filming but didnt want it too far out on the hood for banches to knock it around. if you have one what is the best spot that you found to mount it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohiopuddlejumpers.com
wacker

wacker

Gopro Hd camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gopro Hd camera   Gopro Hd camera Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 4:34 pm

We don't have a GoPro, but a Canon FS100 that we put on a Ram Mount between the seats on the rollbar. That way it's protected, doesn't film our shoulders, but gets a little bit of the dash and hood, is out of the sunlight and sort gives an "in car" prospective type look. G-Bob has a GoPro and has put it several different places all over his quad for different views. Some of his neat video included mounting on the rear rack then it was looking down the side of bike, got a little bit of him and the handle bars, it was neat footage.
Good Stuff ~ Have FUN with It!
Back to top Go down
gump

gump

Gopro Hd camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gopro Hd camera   Gopro Hd camera Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 7:53 pm

Front top middle roll bar where a mirror would be, thats where i had my go pro. Good luck
Back to top Go down
Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

Gopro Hd camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gopro Hd camera   Gopro Hd camera Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 9:22 pm

"Had"??? Past tense?
What happened?
Back to top Go down
gump

gump

Gopro Hd camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gopro Hd camera   Gopro Hd camera Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 10:00 pm

It doesnt work it wont put any data on sd card only stores 14 pictures on the internal memory.
Back to top Go down
Dixiecop28

Dixiecop28

Gopro Hd camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gopro Hd camera   Gopro Hd camera Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 10:38 pm

Thanks for the info wacker. gump what kid of mount to you have? is it a ram mount too?
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

Gopro Hd camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gopro Hd camera   Gopro Hd camera Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 9:28 am

What do you guys think of the GoPro over all?? Been looking
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

Gopro Hd camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gopro Hd camera   Gopro Hd camera Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 10:06 am

Gump are you getting your card seated ? When I first got mine I thought it was bad too but turns out I had to use something to push the card in deep enough to get it seated. If its not clicking into place then its not seated properly and wont work.

I like mine but it saves the files as avi's which are the largest type of video files you can render. The sound is worthless on it but its a neat little toy for the money. I usually find it easier to convert the video to another format before I start editing it into a movie. I also bought some rechargable aaa batteries and charger to go with it but found they didnt hold up very well. I buy the expensive energizer (silver) batterys to use in mine. If you want a camera to get some different views to add to your movies its a good purchase. Just remember that a little point of view footage goes a long way Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
G Bob

G Bob

Gopro Hd camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gopro Hd camera   Gopro Hd camera Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 10:08 am

One other thing. They have their own mount and attachments that ARE NOT the standard 1/4inch tread tripod mount. In order to use any type of tripod mounting arrangement you'll have to rig something up...unless they have changed since I got mine last year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
DJ750

DJ750

Gopro Hd camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gopro Hd camera   Gopro Hd camera Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 10:11 am

I know what you mean. I have watched some GoPro videos that just go on and on not that impressive. But used right with other video and stills it’s very cool.
Back to top Go down
Dixiecop28

Dixiecop28

Gopro Hd camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gopro Hd camera   Gopro Hd camera Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 11:03 am

I will let you know how well i like it after the brimstone trip in 3 weeks DJ lol. so far it seems neat. they no longer use AA batteries it is one big rechargeble battery. I could be wrong but i think the new cameras shoot in mp4 format instead of avi now so that should help with size.
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

Gopro Hd camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gopro Hd camera   Gopro Hd camera Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 12:28 pm

Dixiecop Thanks!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gopro Hd camera Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gopro Hd camera   Gopro Hd camera Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gopro Hd camera
Page 1 of 1