QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Upcoming Trip Intel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
predracr711

Upcoming Trip Intel Empty
PostSubject: Upcoming Trip Intel   Upcoming Trip Intel Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 9:01 am

Note - I posted this on ATVWV.com but wanted to try to increase my chances of getting info so if this is a double for you my apologies.

I was hoping some of you "seasoned trail vets" could give me a nickles worth of free advice. Our yearly trip is coming up (not fast enough) and we are staying on IR for the first time. We are hoping to hit most of IR and Poco and try to head north to PC if time allows. We have ridden RH a number of time and many of the "local" trails in the Man and Gilbert area. Wondering what we should expect on this trip. More/less rocky, muddy, hills etc. We are all pretty experienced riders and all ride sport quads. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Trip Intel   Upcoming Trip Intel Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 9:23 am

Good choice - you'll be right in the middle of (3) three great systems.

Of those three - I like PC / IR / Poco the best in that order... the connector between PC & IR is nice.

You'll have pretty much everything from mud, rock and hills, plus the surrounding UDT trails
that traverse in and out of all three systems if someone one your group has a GPS unit.

Upcoming Trip Intel Hmt

Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Trip Intel   Upcoming Trip Intel Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 9:53 am

Upcoming Trip Intel Captur10
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Trip Intel   Upcoming Trip Intel Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 9:54 am

Your gona love it. Best place on the east coast to ride
Back to top Go down
predracr711

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Trip Intel   Upcoming Trip Intel Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 10:15 am

Is it much different than RH?

Wacker...based on the pics I have seen we are really looking forward to some of the UDT trails. No GPS though makes me a little nervous. As long as I am moving forward Im not lost yet.
Back to top Go down
Punisher

Punisher

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Trip Intel   Upcoming Trip Intel Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 10:23 am

Sport quads and the creek UDT trails are not compatible unless you have an inflatable raft.
There is less traffic than Rockhouse . In places just as bumpy , in others smooth but dusty .. If you follow the HM maps you will be good to go , make sure you have some way to carry gas . I used big Gatorade jugs bungeed to my front bumper or in a backpack when I rode sport quad .
Back to top Go down
Punisher

Punisher

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Trip Intel   Upcoming Trip Intel Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 10:25 am

The distance between towns is greater that between Gilbert and Man so also bring trail snacks.
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Trip Intel   Upcoming Trip Intel Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 10:32 am

RH I think has more elevation change in a shorter distance so steeper. Also it is used more so rougher, rockier, dustier and such. These trails give you more of everything. And Punisher is right the creek trail and a sport quad are a tough fit. I have seen it done many times. But you have to know how to walk on the water. But you don't have to ride that trail.
Back to top Go down
predracr711

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Trip Intel   Upcoming Trip Intel Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 8:23 am

thanks for all the info. We cant wait to get there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Trip Intel   Upcoming Trip Intel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upcoming Trip Intel
Page 1 of 1