QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Burning Rock

Go down 
+2
Sportsman
G Bob
6 posters
AuthorMessage
G Bob

G Bob

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 9:49 pm

I saw where they had added some new trails at Burning Rock so we decided we would head down and check it out. The yamaha dealership is on the way so I thought I'd stop and let Jo look at some new toys on the way. Despite the fact I told the salesman I was serious about buying two new atvs we could get anywhere with them so we decided to head on out to BR.

They first change I noticed is that they have changed their pricing schedule. They now have a one day pass for 20 bucks or a 7 day pass for 35 in addition to the in state 35 yearly rate and out of state 60 dollar rate.

The new trails are across the road so we crossed and started up the newly dozed trail. My plan was to ride all the new trails and then come back to the older trail system to finish out the day. I'd like to say we had a great day of riding but about 7 miles in I hit a hard pot hole and pop went a tie rod end on my brute force. Wouldnt you know there was a group sitting right at the spot I broke down but between all of us we couldnt come up with enough tools to get the tire off so I could try to pound the tie rod back onto the ball. Since we had cell service I called Burning Rock and they were nice enough to send their trail ranger out with her tool kit to give us a hand. We were able to get the tie rod snapped back together but I was afraid it wouldnt hold up so I sent Jo back with the ranger to get the vehicle and trailer while I took the shortest path back to the hard road. 40 minutes or so later we had both atvs back on the trailer and we were on our way home. Two trips..two breakdowns..I'm not very happy Sad

Gonna try to ride cold knob with Sportsman tomorrow. I can promise you that tommorow will be the last trip we make until we have some new rides. So if you never see us again you'll know we didnt get new atvs LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
Sportsman

Sportsman

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 9:54 pm

I will see you as planed unless you call. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 10:04 pm

Hey g. Dirtwheels loves the new brute. Your dealer sounds like our local dealer. Hard to figure out some of these places. I doubt people are lined up to buy ten grand quads but some salesguys act like they are. Good. Luck g.
Back to top Go down
Sportsman

Sportsman

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 10:06 pm

Monday morning you can start making phone calls, and find the best deals. I will get you a phone # tomorrow. Laughing
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 7:47 am

PP we went to United Cycle in Beckley and when I pointed out that 10,200 was above the msrp of 9999 listed on Kawasakis web page the salesman stated that they had to charge 200 dollars for uncrating and putting the atv together. When I showed him Romney Cycles 9200 out the door price he came back with I'd never get an atv for that and that the best they could do was 9900. Anyhoo I guess the shopping will continue come Tuesday. Lets hope they hold up today so I can show Sportsman some new trails on Cold Knob
Back to top Go down
Tequila

Tequila

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 7:18 pm

GBob - for what it's worth

Ridersville Cycle 304-258-1449 - Harold

The guy IS NOT warm & fuzzy.

Ask for his otd price, he sells kaw,pol, ktm, victory, seadoo, husky, honda...

We've purchased two units there...

At least you'll have a comparison $

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:54 am

So G any report on the new trails?? I may ride there next weekend not sure yet.
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:12 am

The 10 miles I saw were pretty cool Smile I think they said there is 25 miles of new trails across the road? I was planning or riding all the trails so I could give a report but a broken tie rod end put an end to my plans. There was alot of people camping but of course is was Memorial weekend. There was a big bunch doing the zip line but alas I'm too fat for it. Cant do the zip if you're over 250 lbs Smile
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:15 am

I fall into that Fat man category no zipping on a line for me. Thanks I may check it out.
Back to top Go down
gump

gump

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 11:33 am

First time im glad im over 250 lbs. Gbob your rough on your stuff wanna borrow my anvil
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:29 pm

Thanks Gump but if I wanted to ride on/in things I cant fit in I'd ride Jos Kodiak Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Burning Rock
Page 1 of 1