QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sunday drive

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sportsman

Sportsman

Sunday drive  Empty
PostSubject: Sunday drive    Sunday drive  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 11:09 pm

With today forcast to be a nice day, we decided to get out and take a drive. I thought it would be nice to go see the "Big Muskie Bucket". I had always seen pictures and read some of the storys about the machine. The Miners Park was officially closed for the "season". But we could still park and walk in to look around. That thing is "HUGE" once you get up close. It was interesting to read about the Big Muskie and how much dirt it could move at one bite. After we had looked around and read some of the info , we decided to travel a little farther north to Zanesville Oh. We thought we would stop in and visit with a couple QCR members. They were either recuperating from a hard night at the Salt Mine, or out running around, No one was home. Sad So we decided to go to Denny's and have Lunch, Sorry PP and Wifee you missed us. Sad
After Lunch we stopped at a couple stores for some shopping, but did not find what Joyce was looking for. $$$ were saved for now. Very Happy
I thought we would take a differant route home so we headed south on 93 then 13 to 78, with a planned stop in Buchtel Oh for a visit with another QCR member and check out their new sun room project. They were also "out of town", so no visiting for today. We continued into Nelsonville for a stop at "Sonic", What is a Sunday afternoon drive without some Ice Cream. Laughing We then continued onward to the house. Over all it was a nice 85 degree day for a drive, with about 100+ motorcycles on the road and several other folks out traveling.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed

Sunday drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday drive    Sunday drive  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:28 am

We went for a Sat. drive ended up in Daytona Beach Very Happy Sorry I missed you. Never been to Big Muskie, heard a lot of stories about it though
Back to top Go down
Farmer

Farmer

Sunday drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday drive    Sunday drive  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 1:28 pm

We were out back roading here at home on the RZR due to the nice weather. Not too far from us if you were in Zanesville.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Sunday drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday drive    Sunday drive  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 4:40 pm

That would be cool to see up close. Thanks for the pics Sportsman.

Nice day to be outside, was out on the bike to see my grandmother
and of course we couldn't leave the house without stopping to eat. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

Sunday drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday drive    Sunday drive  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 5:02 pm

Drats! Sorry we missed you guys. Your hunch was correct. Work had us occupied.

Back in my gas well days I used to work near the (active) Big Muskie. D9 Cat dozers looked like toys working next to it. Quite the machine. Sulfur content helped put a lot of folks out of work. AEP owned the mine. Started buying their coal elsewhere. Neutral

Nice "ride" report. Thanks for stirring up good memories!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sunday drive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday drive    Sunday drive  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sunday drive
Page 1 of 1