QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SSRT & game commission

Go down 
+6
scooter
Mr.Ed
Lee
G Bob
Ruger
alltorquedup
10 posters
AuthorMessage
alltorquedup

alltorquedup

SSRT & game commission Empty
PostSubject: SSRT & game commission   SSRT & game commission Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 6:01 pm

Beware at Snow Shoe now. My buddies just got back from SSRT and got warnings from the Game Commission. The officers were working on putting up new signs this weekend and my buddies come out at the tiny play area after you cross gorton rd on the way to the tunnel and 3 game commission vehicles came out of the woods and surrounded them. They only gave them written warnings, but they said RJ Corman has them patrolling all 8,000 some acres of land they own. The game commission said they don't want any atv going off the railbed any more and will start fining people. This really sucks!
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: SSRT & game commission   SSRT & game commission Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 9:51 am

You are talking about the small area with the slag piles on the left hand side of the railbed trail, when you're heading west correct?

The Game Commission Officers are going to be awfully busy.
Back to top Go down
alltorquedup

alltorquedup

PostSubject: Re: SSRT & game commission   SSRT & game commission Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 10:39 am

Yeah, thats where they said they were.
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

PostSubject: Re: SSRT & game commission   SSRT & game commission Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 10:51 am

Yet another reason to come to WV and ride your atvs Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: SSRT & game commission   SSRT & game commission Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 11:32 am

I would if I could afford the gas to get me down there and back.

guess i'm done with SSRT now.
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: SSRT & game commission   SSRT & game commission Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 1:16 pm

I don't know anything about this place except what I read here (and it does sound awesome), but it sounds like it's getting like the Croatan National Forest. It's less than 10 miles from my house and SUCH A HASSLE to ride. If the Rangers find you on the 'wrong side of the ditch' it's an immediant $120...

I gave up, save up, and ride WV!!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed

PostSubject: Re: SSRT & game commission   SSRT & game commission Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 9:17 pm

Wayne National 3 free days this weekend
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: SSRT & game commission   SSRT & game commission Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 11:51 pm

Well looks like I'm done with ssrt, also. Looks like they will lose a lot of $$$$
Back to top Go down
Yampol

Yampol

PostSubject: Re: SSRT & game commission   SSRT & game commission Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 9:17 am

Well after looking on the internet awhile, I found that they have been working on this since at least 2008. The trash for the land fill will mostly come down Rt 80 from N.Y. and N.J. They plan on making some of the roads around Moshannon and Kylertown wider for the increased truck traffic as well as extending the existing ramps on and off Rt 80 at Kylertown and Snow Shoe. In time the train will also haul ethanol out of the land fill since it will be set up as a recycling/conversion plant to get ethanol out of trash. A good thing I guess, but not for SSRT and the many riders that use it. I can only hope that we will still be able to access Bloody Skillet from SSRT in the future. Living in Maryland where we have lost most places to ride (unless you know someone), now SSRT will be gone also for the most part. This whole thing really makes me mad the more I think about it. There is still plenty of land that could be used for riding even after the train is up and running, but I guess since I don’t own it, nothing much I can do. I guess I am just tired of seeing the (excuse the term) tree huggers and enviromentalist take away all of our riding land. And you are correct, this just plain sucks! IMO

GBob, what’s the housing market like in your area?

Yampol

SSRT & game commission 760955
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: SSRT & game commission   SSRT & game commission Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 10:30 am

Yep, gotta love New York and New Jersey.
Back to top Go down
gump

gump

PostSubject: Re: SSRT & game commission   SSRT & game commission Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 12:00 pm

This sucks! Sort was the best place to ride so beautiful and fun trails.
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

PostSubject: Re: SSRT & game commission   SSRT & game commission Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 3:08 pm

Housing market???? they roll em out every day...we call them doublewides down here LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: SSRT & game commission   SSRT & game commission Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 9:14 am

Thanks for the info and heads up alltorquedup

It will affect the amount of riding in that area for sure.

Back to top Go down
suze

suze

PostSubject: Re: SSRT & game commission   SSRT & game commission Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 1:54 pm

Yeah -- thanks alltorquedup --

That stinks -- Mad
Back to top Go down
alltorquedup

alltorquedup

PostSubject: Re: SSRT & game commission   SSRT & game commission Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 1:13 pm

I've heard from others that were up recently that they saw a bunch of the new signs in some of the areas we used to be able to ride but there are a good amount of trails that still aren't posted and were able to get a good ride in.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: SSRT & game commission   SSRT & game commission Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 3:27 pm

Good Info ~ Thanks alltorquedup

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SSRT & game commission   SSRT & game commission Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SSRT & game commission
Page 1 of 1