QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

True "Happy Friday" story

Go down 
+3
midget
wacker
giddyupgirl
7 posters
AuthorMessage
giddyupgirl

giddyupgirl

True "Happy Friday" story Empty
PostSubject: True "Happy Friday" story   True "Happy Friday" story Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 5:28 pm

Thru good and bad circumstances, God really is good to me...

Bad - I was on my way home from work and Wacker calls and tells me to go to a local car dealer to sign up with the "on-location" radio station (WAYZ) who was letting people sign up for a $5000 shopping spree drawing. So I turned around and went back towards work and a big thunderstorm - not home. No

Good - signed up and then spun the prize wheel and the DJ Bob made sure I won a $20 grocery store gift card instead of nothing or a movie poster. What a nice man! Smile

Bad - Why I didn't want to to turn around, was because I was trying to make the local tax office by 5:00 because I forgot to file our local taxes and we would owe a $20 late filing fee. ARGH! We didn't owe any taxes, but tax forms say "late filing fee" $10 each. Mad

Good - I handed the tax man, (Mr. Oldham who will retire this year), our returns and got out $20. He says, "honey, those girls in the back are still opening up mail, you don't owe anything." WOW! What a nice man! cheers

I left work thinking I'd be out $20, got home $20 to the good!
With those odds, I think I'll buy a lottery ticket tonight...
maybe God agrees that I should take an early retirement! lol!
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: True "Happy Friday" story   True "Happy Friday" story Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 6:47 pm

giddyupgirl wrote:
$5000 shopping spree drawing.
Come on everyone.... POST UP!!!

What would you spend $5000 on in (4) four hours Question

Come on... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
midget

midget

PostSubject: Re: True "Happy Friday" story   True "Happy Friday" story Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 7:00 pm

I would go to Sears and have a ball.
Tools, auto stuff, electronics.
That store was made for men. True "Happy Friday" story Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

PostSubject: Re: True "Happy Friday" story   True "Happy Friday" story Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 8:18 pm

B&H camera could take care of all of that for me Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: True "Happy Friday" story   True "Happy Friday" story Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:10 pm

I could have it spent in 10 minutes or less, just a matter of which shotgun(s) I felt like getting that day.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

PostSubject: Re: True "Happy Friday" story   True "Happy Friday" story Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 11:23 am

Cabelas Gun Library, or, if the imaginary money can be spent upfront for a future expense, I would book and pay for a riding trip out west. Utah or perhaps Montana...
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: True "Happy Friday" story   True "Happy Friday" story Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 11:35 am

Nope... that's in the rules...
Has to be a B&M "brick & mortar"...
In Stock
Cash & Carry
Can't PAY bills, deposit, down payment...etc.

I'm thinking that would cover a nice portion of a Brand New Shiney Quad... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

PostSubject: Re: True "Happy Friday" story   True "Happy Friday" story Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 11:53 am

Yes it would. We were at our Honda store yesterday picking up replacement lenses for Wi-Fee's goggles. I told our salesman buddy that whenever Honda starts building Rincons, with the new Rancher 5 speed tranny, to call me. It'll take Honda a couple of decades to pull that trigger, but what a quad, IMO, that would be. He told us that Suzuki has not made any 2010 quads because there is still too many '09's still sitting around. This same guy also had a restored 80's something Honda street bike that he had just finished, sitting (elevated) at the back of the showroom floor. Absolutely beautiful. Red with all the chrome and wide white wall tires. It looked very retro, very IWANTTHATNOW-ish!! He has already had offers. The imaginary 5k won't touch it.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: True "Happy Friday" story   True "Happy Friday" story Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 12:02 pm

This radio station did this same contest (3) three times last Fall; Oct, Nov, Dec. right before Christmas.
It was a huge hit in the area. Very Fun Idea at the Least. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sportsman

Sportsman

PostSubject: Re: True "Happy Friday" story   True "Happy Friday" story Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 3:21 pm

That would make a good downpayment on someone's new Sunset Red RZR, that she wants. True "Happy Friday" story Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: True "Happy Friday" story   True "Happy Friday" story Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 3:25 pm

Which one??? The New One... with graphics and power steering... Question Laughing

GO Joyce!!!

LINK

True "Happy Friday" story 2010PolarisRZR_SunsetRed
Back to top Go down
Sportsman

Sportsman

PostSubject: Re: True "Happy Friday" story   True "Happy Friday" story Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 3:48 pm

Yep. Thats it. True "Happy Friday" story Icon_biggrin That's the only 1 they have left in stock now, except the 2 "S" models and a 4 seat RZR.
Back to top Go down
midget

midget

PostSubject: Re: True "Happy Friday" story   True "Happy Friday" story Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 3:49 pm

power steering?
Now that would make Joyce a happy lady. True "Happy Friday" story Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Sportsman

Sportsman

PostSubject: Re: True "Happy Friday" story   True "Happy Friday" story Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 3:52 pm

midget wrote:
power steering?
Now that would make Joyce a happy lady. True "Happy Friday" story Icon_wink

No reason she can't drive and I enjoy the scenery, for a change. True "Happy Friday" story Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: True "Happy Friday" story   True "Happy Friday" story Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 3:53 pm

How 'bout it Sportsman? You try out the "P" seat yet? Grab onto that T-bar...? Razz
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: True "Happy Friday" story   True "Happy Friday" story Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 3:54 pm

Hey.... You could take more video that way... Idea
Back to top Go down
Sportsman

Sportsman

PostSubject: Re: True "Happy Friday" story   True "Happy Friday" story Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:00 pm

wacker wrote:
Hey.... You could take more video that way... Idea
That's what I thought too. True "Happy Friday" story Icon_biggrin
I will see if she is really serious on sat at the Dealer Open House.

PS. She has mentioned the subject about a dozen times since the Easter ride, and even told Miranda yesterday that she wants one. True "Happy Friday" story Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: True "Happy Friday" story   True "Happy Friday" story Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:07 pm

Go.... Joyce! Go... Joyce!

Two weeks till SSRT ride. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: True "Happy Friday" story   True "Happy Friday" story Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

True "Happy Friday" story
Page 1 of 1