QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Holiday Eating Tips

Go down 
+2
wacker
Sportsman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sportsman

Sportsman

Holiday Eating Tips Empty
PostSubject: Holiday Eating Tips   Holiday Eating Tips Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 8:45 pm

Melissa send this to us, so I thought everyone might enjoy it. Very Happy

HOLIDAY EATING TIPS

1. Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a holiday buffet table knows nothing of the Holiday spirit. In fact, if you see carrots, leave immediately. . Go next door, where they're serving rum balls.

2. Drink as much eggnog as you can. And quickly. It's rare.. You cannot find it any other time of year but now. So drink up! Who cares that it has 10,000 calories in every sip? It's not as if you're going to turn into an eggnog-alcoholic or something. It's a treat.. Enjoy it. Have one for me. Have two. It's later than you think It's Christmas!

3. If something comes with gravy, use it. That's the whole point of gravy. Gravy does not stand alone. Pour it on. Make a volcano out of your mashed potatoes. Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano. Repeat.

4. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skim milk or whole milk. If it's skim, pass. Why bother? It's like buying a sports car with an automatic transmission.

5. Do not have a snack before going to a party in an effort to control your eating. The whole point of going to a Holiday party is to eat other people's food for free. Lots of it. Hello?

6. Under no circumstances should you exercise between now and New Year's. You can do that in January when you have nothing else to do. This is the time for long naps, which you'll need after circling the buffet table while carrying a 10-pound plate of food and that vat of eggnog.

7. If you come across something really good at a buffet table, like frosted Christmas cookies in the shape and size of Santa, position yourself near them and don't budge. Have as many as you can before becoming the center of attention. They're like a beautiful pair of shoes. If you leave them behind, you're never going to see them again.

8. Same for pies. Apple, Pumpkin, Mincemeat. Have a slice of each. Or if you don't like mincemeat, have two apples and one pumpkin. Always have three. When else do you get to have more than one dessert? Labor Day?

9. Did someone mention fruitcake? Granted, it's loaded with the mandatory celebratory calories, but avoid it at all cost. I mean, have some standards.

10. One final tip: If you don't feel terrible when you leave the party or get up from the table, you haven't been paying attention. Re-read tips; start over, but hurry, January is just around the corner. Remember this motto to live by:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Have a great holiday season- - and Merry Christmas!!!

Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Eating Tips   Holiday Eating Tips Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 8:54 pm

Sportsman wrote:

2. Drink as much eggnog as you can. And quickly. It's rare.. You cannot find it any other time of year but now. So drink up! Who cares that it has 10,000 calories in every sip? It's not as if you're going to turn into an eggnog-alcoholic or something. It's a treat.. Enjoy it. Have one for me. Have two. It's later than you think It's Christmas!

AWESOME Stuff right HERE

Holiday Eating Tips 3057926996_517d1d82c0
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Eating Tips   Holiday Eating Tips Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 11:27 am

#2a. Eat as much oatmeal cake as you can. And quickly. It's rare. The Really Good oatmeal cake can only be had from one source. So eat up! Who cares that it has 10,000 calories in every bite? It's not as if you're going to turn into an oatmeal-cake-alcoholic or something. It's a treat.. Enjoy it. Have some for me. If you want, have some more for me, as long as you save some for me. Very Happy

Only eight more days...
Holiday Eating Tips 9k=
Back to top Go down
Sportsman

Sportsman

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Eating Tips   Holiday Eating Tips Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 10:13 pm

PP just where do you think you will get such great "Oatmeal Cake". Laughing

Just so you can drool for a while, I will say that I had some Great "Oatmeal Cake" Yesterday. I may be able to find 1 last piece for a snack tomorrow. cheers
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Eating Tips   Holiday Eating Tips Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 11:54 am

Holiday Eating Tips CIMG2817
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Eating Tips   Holiday Eating Tips Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 12:15 pm

Holiday Eating Tips Cimg2811
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Eating Tips   Holiday Eating Tips Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 12:15 pm

I figured that to be a trick question!
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Eating Tips   Holiday Eating Tips Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 1:00 pm

You funny guy... lol!

Hope your doing well.
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Eating Tips   Holiday Eating Tips Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 2:02 pm

Good one Lee. Holiday Eating Tips 392913
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Eating Tips   Holiday Eating Tips Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 2:58 pm

Like Ruger says..good one Lee Smile Poor Wacker takes a beating when it comes to teasing and eating (rightly so I think)
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
G Bob

G Bob

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Eating Tips   Holiday Eating Tips Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:02 pm

as long as we're editing the photo Smile

Holiday Eating Tips 5297821472_fc2f558d86
cimga2811 by gbobbrown, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Eating Tips   Holiday Eating Tips Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:41 pm

PhotoShop King king
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Eating Tips   Holiday Eating Tips Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 4:01 pm

Ahhh man, that is funny!

Sportsman, please leave my piece of the bestest oatmeal cake in the care of my buddy Joyce. No one will mess with her.

Still laughing...Holiday Eating Tips Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQp5tlgH6q4sG3THuY2rJewY0UnvKWBNXRpzdJPFnzzjuQ27532mQ
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Eating Tips   Holiday Eating Tips Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 10:01 am

Doing great and enjoying the week off wacky. Already looking forward to some great rides in 2011. That reminds me... It's almost resolution time!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holiday Eating Tips   Holiday Eating Tips Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Holiday Eating Tips
Page 1 of 1