QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Installed HID headlights in the RZR

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wacker

wacker

Installed HID headlights in the RZR Empty
PostSubject: Installed HID headlights in the RZR   Installed HID headlights in the RZR Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 4:59 pm

After riding with Gump & RadRed44 last month and seeing there HID headlights going through the railroad tunnel.
I needed a set too, well wanted them really... Cool Ordered the kit from DDM Tuning.

Installed the kit and uploaded some pictures that I took along the way.
Here's some PICTURES that I took while putting it all together.

They definitely do the trick now... even through all the mud that was on the lenses. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Installed HID headlights in the RZR   Installed HID headlights in the RZR Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 1:03 pm

Adding this link for a guy's install post with pictures for the DDM KID Kit. Best $40 bucks spent on our RZR.

http://www.rzrforums.net/lighting-stereo-electrical/21283-raptor-v2-hids-install-w-pics.html
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Installed HID headlights in the RZR   Installed HID headlights in the RZR Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 9:14 am

Pictures and Instructions from "billnvic" on the RZR Forum

*** Kits are running between $32 - $35 on eBay ***

~~~

The pigtail wires (black and red) are not required, but the plastic weatherproof connector is required.
The factory RZR connector "will not" plug into the ballast, so the stock connector must be swapped out
with the connector on the end of the supplied pigtail.

The key to this "surgery" is to be gentle and do not force the wires out of the connectors. It's easy though.

This is one side of the HID kit:

Installed HID headlights in the RZR HIDs3

This pic shows the two plastic connectors side by side, the factory RZR connector is on the left and the
HID connector is on the right.
Before removing the wires from the HID pigtail connector, scribe a "+" on the side where the red wire was.

Installed HID headlights in the RZR HIDs4

Installed HID headlights in the RZR 16613d1275871486-deep-thoughts-hid-lights-plug1

Installed HID headlights in the RZR 16615d1275871486-deep-thoughts-hid-lights-plug2

The following pic shows the RZR harness with the connector removed.

Installed HID headlights in the RZR HIDs5

The green wire from the factory RZR harness will go into the HID connector that was scribed with the "+".
I also applied some dielectric grease on the wire's round silicone plugs prior to inserting into the HID connector.
The following pic shows the RZR harness with the Raptor's connector secured on:

Installed HID headlights in the RZR HIDs6

Now that the proper connector is on the RZR harness, the HIDs are plug 'n play.
The remainder of the connections are all straight forward according to the instructions.

Next, mount the ballasts, install the HID bulb, make the connections and your good to go.
I mounted my ballasts up forward, as in these pictures, I used long zip ties to secure the ballast.
I also added some plastic wire loom so that the ties will not rub on the wires.

Installed HID headlights in the RZR HIDs9

Installed HID headlights in the RZR HIDs7

Installed HID headlights in the RZR HIDs8

The passenger side light is the new HID bulb and the driver's side is stock...what a huge difference in person.

Installed HID headlights in the RZR HIDs2

The following pics are the completed installation of the HIDs.
I took my time and was approximately one hour. Two thumbs up.

Installed HID headlights in the RZR HIDs10

Installed HID headlights in the RZR HIDs11
Back to top Go down
rockrolls

PostSubject: Re: Installed HID headlights in the RZR   Installed HID headlights in the RZR Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 10:56 am

boy what a difference,i told a buddy who has a rzr about them he's always complaining about his lights
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installed HID headlights in the RZR   Installed HID headlights in the RZR Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Installed HID headlights in the RZR
Page 1 of 1