QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit

Go down 
+6
G Bob
DJ750
Prairie Pounder
Ruger
Bascom
wacker
10 posters
AuthorMessage
wacker

wacker

Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Empty
PostSubject: Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit   Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 6:12 pm

Installed the kit and uploaded some pictures that I took along the way.

Ordered a kit from BoatFix.com, but then it was out of stock, then no one knew how long it would be, and on & on & on it went... "canceled order"
Ordered another kit from Keenzo.com.... you guessed it - samething... "canceled order"

I had read a BoatKeepers Magazine article about the Poly Planar kit online and decided to call Terry the owner at Audio Allies and see if he could actually get me one of the kits that Poly Planer advertises as having black speakers so I wouldn't have to paint the white ones with black paint.
Very Nice Guy to talk to and deal with. Ordered the kit from him and it arrived in a couple days from NC.
Poly-Planar MP3-KIT-B MP3 Input/Speaker/Amp Kit - Black Speakers

So here's some PICTURES that I took while putting it all together.
Back to top Go down
Bascom

PostSubject: Re: Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit   Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 6:41 pm

Looks great Wacker, thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit   Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:02 pm

Nice!!

Hey now you can actually play "Breakin the Law" while riding. Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit   Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:46 pm

Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Breaking-law

lol!
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

PostSubject: Re: Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit   Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:27 pm

Very nice looking system. Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_cool

How long before you install a burger grill and an ice cream machine? Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit   Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 12:46 pm

Prairie Pounder wrote:
Very nice looking system. Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_cool

How long before you install a burger grill and an ice cream machine? Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_lol

Thanks PP... it's a smaller set-up than most, neat & clean look and up out of the mud & water too.

Grilled burgers and Fresh ice cream... now there's a good idea. Laughing
I could actually make that happen pretty easily without too much effort. Razz
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

PostSubject: Re: Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit   Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 2:31 pm

Wacker I just checked out this post Awsome job that loos great!!!
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit   Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:53 pm

DJ750 wrote:
Wacker I just checked out this post Awsome job that loos great!!!

Thanks DJ... Cheap, Easy & it sounds good... Laughing
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

PostSubject: Re: Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit   Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:38 pm

Is this the same razr you said you were gonna sell a while back? Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_question
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit   Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:08 pm

G Bob wrote:
Is this the same razr you said you were gonna sell a while back? Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_question

lol!

Yeah... We thought if we may ever want another one then we
should just keep the one we have with all the extra stuff on it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sportsman

Sportsman

PostSubject: Re: Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit   Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 6:33 pm

Wacker I guess I'm going to need one of these setup's soon. Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_rolleyes I was told after Saturday's ride "I" need a Radio. Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
slopoke

slopoke

PostSubject: Re: Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit   Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:08 am

Sportsman wrote:
Wacker I guess I'm going to need one of these setup's soon. Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_rolleyes I was told after Saturday's ride "I" need a Radio. Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_rolleyes

LOL I was told the same thing.... but by everyone else. Chin likes the peace and quiet and never turns her car radio on. Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Confused
Back to top Go down
Farmer

Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit   Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:07 pm

Wacker what does the black knob do? is that the volume knob? I have been trying to find some way to control the volume with having to use the i POD for that. how does the kit sound and work? Is it loud enough to hear it over the bike?
Very nice clean looking set too! Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit   Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:15 pm

Farmer wrote:
Wacker what does the black knob do? is that the volume knob? I have been trying to find some way to control the volume with having to use the i POD for that. how does the kit sound and work? Is it loud enough to hear it over the bike?
Very nice clean looking set too! Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_cool

Yep a volume knob...

Here's a product sheet that might help.
http://www.polyplanar.com/pdf/SpecSheet/MP3-Kit_A.pdf

It's not super bass thumping loud, but it's enough to here over everything else for being a 50 watt amp.

Small, compact & a good price.
Back to top Go down
Farmer

Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit   Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:29 pm

I'd love to find a way to put a volume knob that would work between the i pod and the RCA jacks that go to the amp. Looked everywhere and can't find a harnness that would work. I would rather my own set up with alittle more power.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit   Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:28 pm

It's plenty loud enough, but not a lot of thumping bass from (2) 5" round speakers

i think you do need some sorta wiring harness for the ipod to work, search on the rzr forum to see what there using to make it happen
Back to top Go down
porkchop

PostSubject: Re: Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit   Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:03 pm

wacker , try the Itrip , its an fm transmitter , then put ipod it shirt pocket ! It works great !
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit   Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 8:14 am

I guess after this March Mudness Ride and three days of ear-buds stuck in my ears
for my MP3 player I need to get back on retro-fitting this old stereo project...

We had this in the old RZR but the 'tool box lid' is too big to fit into the new RZR roof.
So I had a smaller aluminum box fabricated from scratch at a nearby local metal shop.

Hoping to go from this:

Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit CIMG4109

To inside this:

Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Box

Happy Wednesday Everyone... Very Happy Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit 760955
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit   Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Installed a Poly Planar MP3 Kit
Page 1 of 1