QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

March 21 Ride Report

Go down 
+9
Tequila
midget
suze
gump
wacker
G Bob
Jim and Mary
scooter
Prairie Pounder
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

March 21 Ride Report Empty
PostSubject: March 21 Ride Report   March 21 Ride Report Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 11:31 am

I've been Pavement Pounder for far too long. It was time to go ridin off-road. Very Happy

This ride was filled with guys from the salt mine where I work. Retirees to newbees. One of the old guys wanted to get his new RZR some trail time. The HM system for this ride would be Waterways. It would only be a one day trip for me. The others were riding two days, staying at Kathern's Kabins for one night.

I wanted to maximize my riding time so I got up early and headed south. Good plan. I had in thirty casual miles of riding before the others arrived. Yikes. This group of buds are a blast to ride and hang out with (but) their start time wasn't gonna make a one day ride worth my time.

Waterways has really changed over the years. The trails continue to be much more interesting then they used to be while still staying fun for all skill levels. And the "but" that always followed a black trail description is fading away. At least on one trail. Trail 52~ in it's current condition~ is all that most risk takers will want. Steep. Very rocky. Plenty of Pucker and Grins. Excellent trail! All the trails were in top riding condition. Not too perfect. Just right. Our trail-pass funds are being put to good use.

For the first time since the very early days of HM, I came across a trail sign switch-a-roo. I was on the lower portion of T18. Came to the blacktop and turned left. Instead of the expected left hand turn back into the trail system, there was a T18 sign tucked back on a trail off to the right. Neutral hummm... Maybe the system is on both sides of the road now, I think to myself. I take it and ride a little ways. It sure hasn't been used much. Then I run into a "local" who gives me a what-are-you-doing-here-boy,I've-got-a-banjo-back at the-house-look. Time to turn around. He was riding a tractor (aka Honda 300). My Grizz quickly got "us" Laughing back to where we belonged. I told the gal at the trailhead office about the sign issue. When my buds showed up, we changed the signs to be accurate.

Saw lots of deer on this ride, including the first fawn of the season for any of us. Redbuds were blooming. Actually, everything was blooming. If anyone reading this planned a spring ride last winter, you better hurry.

A spark plug issue with one quad was quickly fixed with a new spare. Gump will be happy to read that my Bighorns suffered their first flat. Yep. It took three sets and somewhere just south of 10,000 miles to prove him right. Bighorns are junk. Laughing

Here's one for all you old guys. We were in one of the play area's rippin and tearin. The quads were having a really tough time getting through one of the trenches. The retiree with the new RZR was being "coaxed" to take his machine through. He declined. Repeatedly. After he had heard enough complimentary Laughing female terms and phrases, he drives his RZR through the trench. Then drives it through the same trench in the other direction. Then, he drives his RZR though the other two trenches (both directions) that the quads didn't even attempt. He then shuts off his quad and says, Now, unless one of you (familiar female references) can do that, leave me alone. Laughing Laughing Lesson learned. Don't mess with old guys! I've decided a RZR can go up or through anything. Anything! I've seen Farmer climb hills that looked impossible. Our old-guy bud didn't even have to work to get through any of the trenches that were deep along with super steep entry/departure angles. Very impressive and very funny the way he went about it.

We had the normal good time. It was really tough to leave my buds behind at the campfire, but at least I got to ride with them. I didn't take many pics. Here they are. Very Happy

March 21 Ride Report 090dp

Redbuds In March

March 21 Ride Report 091sb

Beautiful New RZR

March 21 Ride Report 097vqs

Hey! How Did One Of DJ's Buds Get In My Report? QCR Might Have A Virus! Wink

March 21 Ride Report 105lmc

Splish Splash

March 21 Ride Report 109vo

Lots Of Ride Variety This Trip. Honda, Zuki, Yammer, Bomb and RZR
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: March 21 Ride Report   March 21 Ride Report Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 11:40 am

Nice ride report and pics, PrairiePounder.
Back to top Go down
Jim and Mary

Jim and Mary

PostSubject: Re: March 21 Ride Report   March 21 Ride Report Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 12:07 pm

Enjoyed reading your ride report...you never disappoint us with your reports!
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

PostSubject: Re: March 21 Ride Report   March 21 Ride Report Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 1:35 pm

Nice report PP... and not all WV'ians are looking to make you "squeal like a pig" In fact, I dont even own a banjo Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: March 21 Ride Report   March 21 Ride Report Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 1:42 pm

March 21 Ride Report 87834 March 21 Ride Report 33947

The colors look great, glad you got outside for a while.
Back to top Go down
gump

gump

PostSubject: Re: March 21 Ride Report   March 21 Ride Report Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 2:08 pm

Told ya there junk! Haha nice report and I agree rzr are amazing machines
Back to top Go down
suze

suze

PostSubject: Re: March 21 Ride Report   March 21 Ride Report Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:41 pm

Glad you had a good time PP.
Back to top Go down
midget

midget

PostSubject: Re: March 21 Ride Report   March 21 Ride Report Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:55 pm

March 21 Ride Report 597300
Glad you had a good time.
Back to top Go down
Tequila

Tequila

PostSubject: Re: March 21 Ride Report   March 21 Ride Report Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 6:49 pm

Cool, thanks for the ride report & pics! Did I see Mr. Shamrock Kid in the pics?

Ok, PP have you stayed @ Kathryns Kabins? That's a seperate report right there! cheers
Back to top Go down
BobT

BobT

PostSubject: Re: March 21 Ride Report   March 21 Ride Report Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 7:06 pm

Very nice report, enjoyable to read. I'm going to have to make it up to Waterways some day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.triadtrailblazers.com
Sportsman

Sportsman

PostSubject: Re: March 21 Ride Report   March 21 Ride Report Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 9:42 pm

Nice ride report there PP. Laughing I didn't see any referance to Sirens and Cops, so it was a good day. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

PostSubject: Re: March 21 Ride Report   March 21 Ride Report Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 1:14 pm

Sportsman~ No issues with sirens, cops or Rangers. Very Happy

Tequila~ I have not stayed at Kathern's. I'm guessing you have. Smile The cabins are more like bunk houses with a bathroom. Very small. No one will confuse them with the Laidback.

G~ I've been going to HM since it first opened. The people that live in your state are great. Including all the non-HM pirate rides, I've only met a couple of "locals" that made me feel uncomfortable. The guy I crossed at Waterways is one of them. Remember that covert ride a couple of summers ago when Wacker took us to one of his feedlots and they were closed? And there was nowhere else to go for lunch? Remember the look on DaddyO's face? That's what that guy looked like. Creepy... Laughing
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

PostSubject: Re: March 21 Ride Report   March 21 Ride Report Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:46 pm

I hear ramps and a well cooked ohio-ian do make a pretty good meal....maybe he had heard the same thing PP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: March 21 Ride Report   March 21 Ride Report Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 8:26 pm

Prairie Pounder wrote:

Remember that covert ride a couple of summers ago when Wacker took us to one of his feedlots and they were closed? And there was nowhere else to go for lunch? Remember the look on DaddyO's face?

Ahhh Man PP!!!!

Way to dredge up old "missed meals"... Razz

Yep, that was a bad break, I was really looking forward to a Bonnie's Bacon "Double" CB.

Good Times Exclamation

March 21 Ride Report CIMG3678

Back to top Go down
giddyupgirl

giddyupgirl

PostSubject: Re: March 21 Ride Report   March 21 Ride Report Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:10 pm

great ride report. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: March 21 Ride Report   March 21 Ride Report Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 9:45 am

March 21 Ride Report 597300 Good ride report as always
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March 21 Ride Report   March 21 Ride Report Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

March 21 Ride Report
Page 1 of 1