QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finally hitting the outlaw trails.

Go down 
+3
mark77cj7
G Bob
flipper
7 posters
AuthorMessage
flipper

flipper

Finally hitting the outlaw trails. Empty
PostSubject: Finally hitting the outlaw trails.   Finally hitting the outlaw trails. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 12:14 pm

Well finally, I'm going to get a chance to ride the outlaw trails. For 2 years I have been trying to do this only to get down there and ride the H/M trails and get called back early before I get a chance to ride the others. This time I'm starting out a Black Dog Ranch and ride the outlaws. After riding H/H trails since their inception it will be fun to explore which I prefer to do anyway. If any of you see a blue Grizzly with a guy wearing a camo helmet stop and say hi. Bob T. set me up with the track to the Welch Drive In, that looks like a sweet ride. Sounds like with all the storms down there lately and Bob saying that trail is a mud fest, it was good thing I put my mud tires on.
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

PostSubject: Re: Finally hitting the outlaw trails.   Finally hitting the outlaw trails. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 8:16 pm

Have a good time Smile and we'll be waiting for pics and a ride report
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
mark77cj7

PostSubject: Re: Finally hitting the outlaw trails.   Finally hitting the outlaw trails. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 2:40 pm

Flipper, when are you riding. We just got back from there this weekend. Stayed at Skyland ATV. We downloated Bob T's map and found things we have been missing for years. We actually rode from Bramwell to Welch and back. Enjoyed lunch at the Drive Inn. Gas was an issue last Friday since Ashlands pump was broke from an electrical surge. We had to divert to Keystone to get gas. We did alot of exploring on the future Pochahantas Trail System. What a beautiful new system. Comparing to the projected map Ive seen on atvwv.com, we still saw trails that look as if they may be incorporated at a later date. You can pretty much with Bob's map ride from Montcalm to Pineville then over to Welch and back. Beautiful area and with all the rain, it is sloppy. Crossing the creeks down by the Wheel may look intemidating, but if you steer into the current you can get through them.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Finally hitting the outlaw trails.   Finally hitting the outlaw trails. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 12:18 pm

Be Safe ~ Enjoy

Take some pictures to share

The Chili and Cheese Double Dog Platter
w/ a peanut butter milkshake get my vote

Finally hitting the outlaw trails. 593921
Back to top Go down
flipper

flipper

PostSubject: Re: Finally hitting the outlaw trails.   Finally hitting the outlaw trails. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 11:08 am

What a great trip. 1st time out on the outlaw trails. Took Bob T. advice and took a loop from Black Dog ranch to the Drive Inn in Welch for lunch. I did the river trail later in the day. Back to that part later. Only one incident in the whole trip. I was heading down Hwy 52 through Kimbal after lunch and saw this 19 or 20 year old black kid waving me down on the side of the road. I pulled over and starts right off with this jive talk “dog” this “dog” that. Asked me I did weed. No man I’m just out here riding I said. Before I know it he is on the back of my atv with his hands on my shoulders telling to drive to this house so he can sell me some “rock”. I told him to get the F off my 4 wheeler. He got real excited and persisted that I take him to this house to sell me some “rock”. Well I had a flash back to all my training in the service. (Funny how that crap is drilled into you for life) Well I end up standing on the seat of my ride, picking him up over my head and tossing him on the ground. I proceeded to jump down and put my boot on his throat. At that very second I here behind me, “What’s going on here” I don’t know where the WV Highway Patrol came from but he showed up. I explained what was going on and he was actually chatting with me about the trails and so forth. All the while I still had my boot on this kids throat. He said I could remove it since he was there and we both chuckled. Then said have a nice week of riding. Looked back after I took off and the kid was spread eagle across the patrol car. For the next hour I kept asking my self “what the hell just happened”. Yes I do carry when I’m riding if it did get more serious, but glad it didn’t get that far. Anyway back to the fun stuff. Hit the river crossings, what a hoot.!!! The water was rack high most of the crossings and had a ball in the mud bogs. Couldn’t have been better weather for that trail. in the 80’s cooling off at the river. Before I forget I should note that at this intersection N37 26.993 W81 20.614, the trail is now blocked off. I was heading north to PC to ride the extreme trails up there and had to back track a little. On that not trail 23 by the river was closed due to logging. And what is with extreme trails 95, 96, and 97. Never open when I’m there and by the looks of them they haven’t been for a long time? Extreme trail 94 was closed also, I love that trail. Spent the rest of time just exploring, had to cut the trip to 4 days due to work, but I’ll be back.
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: Finally hitting the outlaw trails.   Finally hitting the outlaw trails. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 12:18 pm

PICTURES PLEASE! Or are they in the newspaper??

What a trip!! cheers
Back to top Go down
flipper

flipper

PostSubject: Re: Finally hitting the outlaw trails.   Finally hitting the outlaw trails. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 12:23 pm

Sorry when I ride by myself, I'm just too busy to take pictures. When I come down in the Fall my daughter will be joining me, she loves to take pictures.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed

PostSubject: Re: Finally hitting the outlaw trails.   Finally hitting the outlaw trails. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 6:58 pm

Finally hitting the outlaw trails. 597300
Back to top Go down
BobT

BobT

PostSubject: Re: Finally hitting the outlaw trails.   Finally hitting the outlaw trails. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:16 pm

Glad you had a great trip. The OT's are a blast. I don't know why they still show 95, 96 & 97 on their maps. I can't even find the one end any more. Let us know when you and your daughter come back, maybe some of us can ride with you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.triadtrailblazers.com
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Finally hitting the outlaw trails.   Finally hitting the outlaw trails. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 7:11 am

Great story Flipper.... Finally hitting the outlaw trails. 392913

You found some "weed & rocks" on the trail...

Glad you had a good time, thanks for sharing.

Finally hitting the outlaw trails. 339301
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally hitting the outlaw trails.   Finally hitting the outlaw trails. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally hitting the outlaw trails.
Page 1 of 1