QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gilbert and other communities flood again!

Go down 
+4
Ruger
wacker
G Bob
polarislover
8 posters
AuthorMessage
polarislover

polarislover

Gilbert and other communities flood again! Empty
PostSubject: Gilbert and other communities flood again!   Gilbert and other communities flood again! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 3:00 am

One year, one month and two days ago, Gilbert was inundated by flood waters. It has happened again. Not quite as deep, but still has done plenty of damage. Our corner was coverd again and got into the house, but minimally. The units are ok but the lot has to have a thorough cleaning. Watch the area news for more information on this latest flooding.
Back to top Go down
http://www.livingoodlodging.com
G Bob

G Bob

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert and other communities flood again!   Gilbert and other communities flood again! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 7:42 am

Man that really sucks PL... I knew they were calling for localized flooding but didnt think we got that much rain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert and other communities flood again!   Gilbert and other communities flood again! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 9:48 am

Can the Great PL please get a break Exclamation

Seems since the last flooding there's not much top soil or new underbrush left in the hollows to hold back any great amounts of water.
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert and other communities flood again!   Gilbert and other communities flood again! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 12:21 pm

Sorry to hear it. Seems you can't get a break no matter what the season.
Back to top Go down
sparky

sparky

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert and other communities flood again!   Gilbert and other communities flood again! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 9:34 pm

Between the winter snows and spring rains it doesnt leave much for ground stability. Sorry to hear about the flooding again.
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert and other communities flood again!   Gilbert and other communities flood again! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 8:20 am

Sorry PL You need a break!!
Back to top Go down
polarislover

polarislover

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert and other communities flood again!   Gilbert and other communities flood again! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 1:14 pm

I would like to move far away. . .so far that it would take a twenty-three pound postage stamp to mail me a letter. And as I type. . .more downpours. The red variety on the radar screen!
Back to top Go down
giddyupgirl

giddyupgirl

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert and other communities flood again!   Gilbert and other communities flood again! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:20 pm

Understandably...
I can't imagine how sick and tired you must be of seeing of mud and water.
Keeping you and your community in our thoughts in prayers.
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert and other communities flood again!   Gilbert and other communities flood again! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 9:22 pm

PL,

Beside now & last year when was the last time Gilbert was flooded like this?
Back to top Go down
polarislover

polarislover

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert and other communities flood again!   Gilbert and other communities flood again! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 11:51 pm

Not sure of the dates in early 2000's or '90's, but '88, '82, '77, '72, '63, and '57 are memorable. I moved onto this corner in 1990 and have had at least 6 issues since then.
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert and other communities flood again!   Gilbert and other communities flood again! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 7:56 am

I think I read somewhere that Logan had been flooded 24 times in the last 40 years?
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert and other communities flood again!   Gilbert and other communities flood again! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:37 am

With that history, sounds like there isn't much you can do to prevent it. Just at the mercy of mother nature I guess.
Back to top Go down
Switchback Roller

Switchback Roller

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert and other communities flood again!   Gilbert and other communities flood again! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 7:47 am

Smile PL with all you have gone thru we are all glad you stayed in the area,we like your company and your hospitality. Smile
Back to top Go down
polarislover

polarislover

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert and other communities flood again!   Gilbert and other communities flood again! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 9:08 am

No one will take us in anywhere else. We appreciate the kind remark. I always say it is easy to be nice to nice people!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert and other communities flood again!   Gilbert and other communities flood again! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gilbert and other communities flood again!
Page 1 of 1