QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

More Bighorns!

Go down 
+4
Grizz
G Bob
wacker
RadRed44
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RadRed44

RadRed44

More Bighorns! Empty
PostSubject: More Bighorns!   More Bighorns! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 9:02 am

Look what the brown truck brought me! Now just have to get these bad boys mounted up and I won't be bottoming out on every rock on the trail. I went with the 26" x 9's on stock 6" front rims. Hopefully this will keep the back tire out a bit from the motor mount and I won't have to do a lift. These things are only 1" bigger than stock size, but they actually measure over 2" taller. Now I just have to clean up that shamefully filthy quad, and get some "after" pics.

Wacker, I hope these things can live up to their reputation. I'll tell you, it took quite a lot of convincing for Beth to recognize scratch what a great anniversary present these were... for her!! Laughing

Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

More Bighorns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bighorns!   More Bighorns! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 9:11 am

AWESOME Exclamation

Tell Beth "Happy Anniversary" and that the tires will most certainly ride better... Laughing

Hope you both have a great weekend.
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

More Bighorns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bighorns!   More Bighorns! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 11:51 am

falling prey to peer pressure already Smile You just cant fit in this group with out bighorns on your ride LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
RadRed44

RadRed44

More Bighorns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bighorns!   More Bighorns! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 12:47 pm

Yeah, it seems like they're almost required equipment here. Really, I'm tired of having to ride slow, or bottom out on anything bigger than a baseball. A while ago I was picking my way down a trail, and had to pull off to let a faster rider by. Here comes Betty White blasting by me on a Hover-round, and making rude hand gestures at me!! Time for drastic action!
lol!
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

More Bighorns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bighorns!   More Bighorns! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 3:29 pm

More Bighorns! Hoveround
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

More Bighorns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bighorns!   More Bighorns! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 3:36 pm

(4) Four sets of Big Horns on (4) Four YamahaClinerComfortQuads... Very Happy
More Bighorns! CIMG2118
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

More Bighorns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bighorns!   More Bighorns! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:19 pm

See what I mean about peer pressure LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
Grizz

Grizz

More Bighorns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bighorns!   More Bighorns! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:29 pm

HEY, I have Bighorns on my Rubicon More Bighorns! Icon_bounce , + my Dodge 2500, 4x4 quadcab, diesel has the Bighorn package. Not Bighorn tires, just all the other goodie's More Bighorns! Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

More Bighorns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bighorns!   More Bighorns! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:31 pm

That was the last time I rode Garden Grounds. Yama + Bighorns Pic
Back to top Go down
Sportsman

Sportsman

More Bighorns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bighorns!   More Bighorns! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 9:46 pm

I have 2 sets of Bighorns, Now I need a new set of 26" Bighorns for the RZR. More Bighorns! Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Switchback Roller

Switchback Roller

More Bighorns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bighorns!   More Bighorns! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 8:47 pm

More Bighorns! Icon_smile RadRed44 tell Beth that is what I got last year for my Aniv. is Bighorns, but I also got a YamahaClinerComfortQuad More Bighorns! Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
RadRed44

RadRed44

More Bighorns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bighorns!   More Bighorns! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 9:05 pm

Got 'em mounted up this morning, and installed this afternoon. It came out pretty well. I cleaned it up a little for a few pictures. I gained about 1" more clearance and still kept it close to stock the width. I'm at 50-3/4" in the front and 50-1/2" in back with no clearance issue at the motor mount. I did crank the preloads up two clicks all around.

I had thought I might gain a little more clearance since the tires spec'd out at 26.4", but I'm only seeing 25-1/2" with 8 pounds of air. scratch They do bulge a little, especially in back. I may have to try another gauge and see if it reads them the same.

cheers Thanks Wacker, for the info on H-town Wal-mart mounting them. Now, phase two is to put the old tires on the Hawkeye. Hard to believe, but it uses the exact same wheels as the rzr. Looks like another trip to Wally World!

SBR, she made me take her for a ride in the yard today so she could see what she was getting! I'm starting to see the possibilities here! Her birthday is coming up in a couple of months, so I'm browsing through the accessory catalogs to see what ELSE she might want! Laughing (next year is our 25th, so maybe I could get her a silver Yamacliner)

Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

More Bighorns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bighorns!   More Bighorns! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 8:24 am

Looks great!! your going to love the Big Horns
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

More Bighorns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bighorns!   More Bighorns! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:57 pm

Nice... Very Nice... They sure do look like they belong on there.
You'll definitely be able to abuse those a little harder on the trails...
A silver "ComfortQuad" with power steering... now that's not a bad idea either... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RadRed44

RadRed44

More Bighorns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bighorns!   More Bighorns! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 9:28 pm

Well, phase two is now complete. I got the stock RZR tires mounted up on the Hawkeye. They sure look beefy on that little thing! It only had 23's on it before, but it used the same wheels as the RZR. Now if I can get one 25 x 8" spare, I can use it for any position of either quad. Phase three (if it ever comes to that) would be to get a pair of 26 x 12 x 12" Bighorns for the spare 8" stock rear RZR rims. These would be used those times when the width doesn't matter. I guess I would need to add spacers to make them fit, but it would make it a lot more stable.

Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

More Bighorns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bighorns!   More Bighorns! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 8:43 am

Wheels look sharp on it.
Back to top Go down
RadRed44

RadRed44

More Bighorns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bighorns!   More Bighorns! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:12 pm

Thanks. Now I wish I had the aluminum wheels for the rzr too.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

More Bighorns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bighorns!   More Bighorns! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 4:19 pm

Nice look'n add-on for the quad... gives it a little extra ground clearance too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

More Bighorns! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Bighorns!   More Bighorns! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More Bighorns!
Page 1 of 1