QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heading to Utah

Go down 
+6
giddyupgirl
cntryldy61
noway
wacker
Mr.Ed
BobT
10 posters
AuthorMessage
BobT

BobT

Heading to Utah Empty
PostSubject: Heading to Utah   Heading to Utah Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 5:20 pm

Next Thursday 11 of us from TTB are heading to Utah. We are going to ride the Arapeen and San Rafael Swell for 3 days and then go ride Moab for 4 days. We're driving 2 and 3 to a truck and pretty much straight through to Grand Junction, Co (29 hours) and the last 3 hours on Sat morning to Gilley's in Ferron, UT. PM'd the machine this week and ready to go. We have our GPS maps for each day finished and hope to put in 100+ miles on several days.

Last edited by BobT on Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.triadtrailblazers.com
Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed

Heading to Utah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heading to Utah   Heading to Utah Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 6:00 pm

Heading to Utah 397290
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Heading to Utah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heading to Utah   Heading to Utah Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 7:53 pm

Heading to Utah 593921

Be Safe !!!
Back to top Go down
noway

noway

Heading to Utah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heading to Utah   Heading to Utah Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 8:57 pm

Hope you guys have a safe and fun trip! I know you will.....got it planned that way! Look forward to making a trip out there someday myself!
Back to top Go down
cntryldy61

cntryldy61

Heading to Utah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heading to Utah   Heading to Utah Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 10:14 pm

Have a great trip and be safe!
Back to top Go down
giddyupgirl

giddyupgirl

Heading to Utah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heading to Utah   Heading to Utah Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 10:23 pm

Have fun and be safe!
Take one of the Humvee tours in Moab. That's fun too!Smile
Back to top Go down
BobT

BobT

Heading to Utah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heading to Utah   Heading to Utah Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 5:37 pm

In case you are bored next week I am putting up a link to where we will be starting tomorrow and through next week. We are carrying a SPOT tracking/emergency device. I think the link will work and it should post our location about every 10 minutes.

SPOT Link
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Heading to Utah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heading to Utah   Heading to Utah Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:31 pm

Heading to Utah 597300

The SPOT share feature is nice.
Back to top Go down
slopoke

slopoke

Heading to Utah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heading to Utah   Heading to Utah Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:50 am

Greg you gonna be watching to find some more good places to eat?

Hope you have a fun and safe trip Bob.
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

Heading to Utah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heading to Utah   Heading to Utah Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:23 am

Cool Deal Have fun!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Heading to Utah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heading to Utah   Heading to Utah Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:47 pm

slopoke wrote:
Greg you gonna be watching to find some more good places to eat?

Hope you have a fun and safe trip Bob.

Yep... cheers

Can never have to many good places to eat.

~~~

He's on the move West heading out Interstate 40 towards Nashville.

Heading to Utah 643753
Back to top Go down
rockrolls

Heading to Utah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heading to Utah   Heading to Utah Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:20 pm

what happend are they still out there n0 ride report they just vanished
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Heading to Utah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heading to Utah   Heading to Utah Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 4:07 pm

I'm not sure if he had a ride report or where / if he posted any pics somewhere.

But I know he made it back alright... I met him for the first time in Crumpler at Thanksgiving.

Back to top Go down
BobT

BobT

Heading to Utah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heading to Utah   Heading to Utah Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:52 pm

Sorry, I guess I forgot to post a trip report on this site. Below is an excerpt I wrote on TTB forum. Links to Pictures and Golden Spike video are at bottom of report.

Saturday
Nine of us who got there in the morning rode the Arapeen for a while. We rode the "Black Dragon", up around some mesa's and back down "Rock Canyon" home.

Sunday
We all rode the San Rafael Swell. Some very scenic rock formations. We rode down under a I-70 bridge and then back up through a tunnel under I-70. We then took the "Devil's Racetrack" back north. It was a very rough trail. Some unbelievable scenery.

Monday
We all went to "Joe's Valley" to ride some of the northern Arapeen. A beautiful canyon ride into JV. We rode several trails that went up into the mountains where the Aspen were in their fall splendor. A very nice high mountain ride.

Tuesday
We split into 3 groups. One went back to JV, one went down and rode a more southern section of the Arapeen and rode through Aspen and Pine forest, they said it was great trails. Four of us went to the "Wedge", Utah's Grand Canyon. It is huge. We then rode 14 miles along the rim of another canyon, spectacular views.

Wednesday
We all went to Moab and rode some trails west of Moab and went to "Tusher Tunnel". This was probably our least favorite ride, pretty scenery, but more desert, sand and rocks.

Thursday - one hell of a day and extremely difficult
We went to ride "Poison Spider", one of the more difficult trails. We continued onto "Gold Bar Rim" and the overlooks. These were as difficult of trails as any of us had ever ridden. Then we got onto "Golden Spike", my map had it as a blue, well it was a triple black diamond. It is rated as one of the most difficult JEEP trails. We got ourselves onto one heck of a trail. We winched once and used our ropes many times. On these trails there are 21 JEEP obstacles, we went around about 10 of them but had to negotiate the others. Oh, did I say it was 100 degrees.

We started at 9:00am and finished at 7:00pm. There was one section that took us several hours to go just a few miles. In all we only rode 23 miles not counting the ride to Archview campground

We staged at the Poison Spider TH and finished at Archview Campground and got a ride back to the TH to get the trucks. We had made this decision earlier in the day since it would be literally impossible to back track in the dark.

It was the hardest day of riding we had ever encountered. We are all glad we did it but we would never do it again. Been there, done that. A YouTube video of the Golden spike is linked below.

Friday
Most were to tired to ride but Kevin, David, Tom, Tony, Larry and I went and rode the La Sal Mtn which had the biggest Aspens we had ever seen.

I know why they call Kansas a "fly over" state, it's hell to drive across.

Golden Spike

Pictures
Back to top Go down
giddyupgirl

giddyupgirl

Heading to Utah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heading to Utah   Heading to Utah Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 9:09 pm

Thanks for the trip report.
100 degrees day, 10 hours, 23 miles...better you than me, my friend! Crying or Very sad
The other days sound nice.
Kansas can get annoying, but I did enjoy eastern Kansas and driving across the "Flint Hills."
In August, the sunflower fields were nice, but after about 2 hours..."where's the Rockies?"
Back to top Go down
rockrolls

Heading to Utah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heading to Utah   Heading to Utah Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:02 am

great pics and ride report thanks Heading to Utah 669999
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

Heading to Utah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heading to Utah   Heading to Utah Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 8:24 pm

Sounds like you guys had all the challenge anyone could ask for. Thanks for sharing your stories. Have to agree with GUG about Kansas. Both times we have driven through it was enjoyable (to us). We were heading to Utah to ride both times. We came home a different route both trips. Looking forward to driving through Kansas again on the way to Utah someday. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Heading to Utah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heading to Utah   Heading to Utah Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heading to Utah
Page 1 of 1