QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Maine Photos

Go down 
+9
Jim and Mary
Prairie Pounder
Mr.Ed
Switchback Roller
Ruger
Sportsman
suze
midget
G Bob
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
G Bob

G Bob

Maine Photos Empty
PostSubject: Maine Photos   Maine Photos Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 4:20 pm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geebob/sets/72157627539880022/

Atv riding, moose, lobster, good friends, we had it all Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
midget

midget

Maine Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maine Photos   Maine Photos Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 4:58 pm

Great photos!!!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
suze

suze

Maine Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maine Photos   Maine Photos Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 7:19 pm

Those are wonderful !!!
Back to top Go down
Sportsman

Sportsman

Maine Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maine Photos   Maine Photos Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 7:41 pm

Another Great Job Gbob. Thanks for sharing. Very Happy

PS. at least you warned Joyce about the photo and what you would do. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

Maine Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maine Photos   Maine Photos Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 9:37 pm

Good set of photos. Yep she's crusty. Lobster Lobster, 2 a piece!? WOW. I was hoping you'd see a bull moose instead of a cow, we seen a cow when we went to Canada.
Back to top Go down
midget

midget

Maine Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maine Photos   Maine Photos Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:51 am

Back to top Go down
Switchback Roller

Switchback Roller

Maine Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maine Photos   Maine Photos Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 7:21 am

Maine Photos 597300 Looks like you all had a great time and GOOD FOOD Maine Photos 22298
Back to top Go down
Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed

Maine Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maine Photos   Maine Photos Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:10 pm

G Bob great pictures as usual.

Did somebody say FOOD. There was Lobster, then there was Lobster, well you get the picture:)

Last edited by Mr.Ed on Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

Maine Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maine Photos   Maine Photos Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 3:14 am

Nice pics everyone including Yampol's that I viewed in a different post. Very scenic trip to state the obvious. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jim and Mary

Jim and Mary

Maine Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maine Photos   Maine Photos Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:53 am

Back to top Go down
Jim and Mary

Jim and Mary

Maine Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maine Photos   Maine Photos Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:56 am

Whoops, I forgot to include this picture with our other pictures…

Here is Midget with his knapsack full of his ‘Rickard’s Red’ beer! Notice the BIG smile on his face!!!
Maine Photos IMAG0334
Back to top Go down
Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed

Maine Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maine Photos   Maine Photos Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 12:01 pm

Maine Photos 177722
Back to top Go down
Switchback Roller

Switchback Roller

Maine Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maine Photos   Maine Photos Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 8:26 pm

Maine Photos 22298 Nice pics Mary!!
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

Maine Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maine Photos   Maine Photos Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 10:44 am

Is Midget shrinking??
Back to top Go down
midget

midget

Maine Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maine Photos   Maine Photos Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 8:50 pm

DJ750 wrote:
Is Midget shrinking??

Looks that way.
But I was carrying Mary's make up bag. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

Maine Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maine Photos   Maine Photos Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:44 pm

Hard to believe it's already been a month since getting back from Maine and I haven't been able to find time to yap about it. Laughing What a great trip! With my Yamacliner failing me on day two, Wi-Fee and I spent more time touring the beautiful countryside than we had planned. Not (really) a problem though. We completely enjoyed the 400 miles of sight seeing we did to and from The Forks. Drove by many a homestead that I wished was mine. Smile After leaving Bah Hahbuh we choose two lane roads through Maine and clear through New Hampshire and Vermont. A lot more homestead envy. Wow! Such gorgeous streams and forest. Many of the buildings are quite old too, but have been maintained in perfect condition. We saw numerous buildings and Churches that had pre-1800's dates on them. Below are a few pics that highlight our first trip to Maine.

Recommendation: Go to Maine! Take your quads. Take your bicycles. Take your hiking shoes. Take your hungry belly. And don't forget your camera! Very Happy

We were lucky enough to spot this long-legged gal on our way back from Canada. We were also lucky that the Canucks put limits on what can be purchased at the duty-free store. Some guy from Maryland almost wiped them out of RR. pale

DSC01403
Very precise signage in Vermont. We saw another sign that warned for the next 1800 feet.

Very limited ride pics. Sad

Awww, man!! No shortage of food pics. The food was so good. Seafood? Seafood with smoked ribs? Seafood with a side of seafood? Not a problem. Every day I had some sort of seafood. And something that contained blueberries. The blueberry pie pictured was maybe the best thing my taste buds have ever sampled. The Crossroads in Jackman, Maine is where it came from. Wi-Fee saved me from myself after two pieces. Could have ate that until I passed out. Oh, we eat lots of ice cream too.

This photo is only for the purpose of shameless-product-placing. Laughing

Hey, DJ! You too, Gump. Look at your boy go. The DaddyO can peddal with the best of them. Here he is in Acadia National Park making sure Wi-Fee keeps her "Grandma Determination" pushing forward. Good thing she likes him. I love you

Since we spent so much time alone, we have a lot of arms-length self-portraits. This one was taken after hiking to Cadillac Mountain. In the back ground is Bar Harbor and the stubborn fog that just wouldn't go away.

On the last day the 'crew went riding, Wi-Fee and I took a 40 minute plane ride over Moosehead and Lobster Lake. Old bush float-plane. Very nice flight.

Finally, after three cancelled trips due to fog or rough seas, we got to take a whale watching trip. Very fun. Very cold. I feel safe saying we saw a dozen different whales. Even saw one "breach". That's a lot of power! Snagging a photo of a whale is tough. They are amazingly fast at breaking and getting back under water. Hope you all enjoy the photo of the whale (splash)! Embarassed Laughing

This photo was taken on top of Mount Washington in New Hampshire. As you can see, it is very windy up there. Hold on to your hair, honey! What a Face The weather station there claims to have the highest recorded wind speed in the U.S. ~~231 MPH!!
Back to top Go down
giddyupgirl

giddyupgirl

Maine Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maine Photos   Maine Photos Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 8:41 pm

Nice pics!
Glad you kept your hair Wifee!
And that you two saw whales! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sportsman

Sportsman

Maine Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maine Photos   Maine Photos Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 8:50 pm

Nice Pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed

Maine Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maine Photos   Maine Photos Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:49 am

Maine Photos 22298 Maine Photos 597300 Glad the weather cleared up for the whale watching.
Back to top Go down
suze

suze

Maine Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maine Photos   Maine Photos Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:27 am

Wonderful photos -- I miss it already Laughing
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

Maine Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maine Photos   Maine Photos Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:40 am

Us too, Suze. Glad you liked the photos. We took over 800...including one of a certain young lady not enjoying a steamed clam. Warning: The next time you or Mary lie to me, it's going viral!! Wink
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

Maine Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maine Photos   Maine Photos Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:03 pm

great pics PP
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
Tequila

Tequila

Maine Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maine Photos   Maine Photos Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:36 pm

We are ready to go back to Maine Exclamation
Back to top Go down
suze

suze

Maine Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maine Photos   Maine Photos Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 8:44 pm

Geez PP -- would I lie to you....and I can't help what Mary does ????

OK -- how much do you want to delete THAT photo ? Shocked

But, come to think of it, at least you said "young" --gotta' thank you for that Laughing
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

Maine Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maine Photos   Maine Photos Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 10:56 am

Yeah, and I also called you a lady. Any comment on that? Rememmmmmber, don't lie. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Maine Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maine Photos   Maine Photos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maine Photos
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next