Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeRegisterLog in

Which air filter oil...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
G Bob

G Bob

Which air filter oil... Empty
PostSubject: Which air filter oil...   Which air filter oil... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 10:44 am

Changed the air filters on the grizzlys and I had used a different type of spray on oil this time and liked to never get them clean. The spray on cleaner smelled so bad it gave me a headache.

I used to use no toil but had switched to something else. Just wondering what every one else was using?
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
midget

midget

PostSubject: Re: Which air filter oil...   Which air filter oil... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:04 am

I use Simple green and let them soak. ( I have a spare for each quad)
Then about a week I dry them and us PJ1 foam oil.
I have been doing this for years and and have no problems.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed

PostSubject: Re: Which air filter oil...   Which air filter oil... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 3:00 pm

PJ1 oil and cleaner
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Which air filter oil...   Which air filter oil... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 5:25 pm

I"ll have to give the Simple Green a try...

but been real happy with these two. Very Happy

Which air filter oil... Nfqzxc
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

PostSubject: Re: Which air filter oil...   Which air filter oil... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 9:19 pm

Yeah that PJ1 is what I used and the smell of the cleaner gave me a severe headache. Going back to no-toil. Washes out easily with their cleaner and no smell Smile
Back to top Go down
slopoke

slopoke

PostSubject: Re: Which air filter oil...   Which air filter oil... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 10:11 pm

I used to carry an extra filter already oiled up in a ziplok bag. The stickier the better and it keeps my hands out of the stuff.

I used K+N air filter cleaner, PJ1, or gasoline if I had nothing else. Yeah I know you're not suposed to use gas......
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

PostSubject: Re: Which air filter oil...   Which air filter oil... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 1:09 am

I use simply green for other chores. Never thought about it for filters. Thanks midget!

I use contact cleaner. The gunk rolls off the filter. Then give it a good soak in warm soapy water. The filter (twin air) ends up looking like new. PJ oil in a baggie and our quads have a new lung ready to install.
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Which air filter oil...   Which air filter oil... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:13 am

G Bob wrote:
Yeah that PJ1 is what I used and the smell of the cleaner gave me a severe headache. Going back to no-toil. Washes out easily with their cleaner and no smell Smile

You're not suppose to huff it G-Bob.
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

PostSubject: Re: Which air filter oil...   Which air filter oil... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:23 am

It that what i did wrong Ruger LOL
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Which air filter oil...   Which air filter oil... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 10:43 am

I have used the PJ1, never had any problems.
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

PostSubject: Re: Which air filter oil...   Which air filter oil... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:00 pm

You're rough and tough Ruger...I'm sensitive Smile
Back to top Go down
redneck473

redneck473

PostSubject: Re: Which air filter oil...   Which air filter oil... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 9:09 pm

i always use gas because all the cleaners out there clean the cylinders on the four wheelier on first start up an no oil in the cylinder is no good use gas to clean it let it dry an then use a very light coat of motor oil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which air filter oil...   Which air filter oil... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which air filter oil...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
QuadCrew Riders :: Machines in the Garage :: Tires, Wheels, Maintenance or Repairs-
Jump to: