QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What to do with a bag full of dead skunks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
G Bob

G Bob

What to do with a bag full of dead skunks Empty
PostSubject: What to do with a bag full of dead skunks   What to do with a bag full of dead skunks Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 9:44 pm

After cleaning up the atvs this evening I thought I'd take a short ride down to the pond to feed the fish before I put the quads up. Maddie (my jack russell) and I were sitting on the dock enjoying the fish minding our own business when I looked up and saw a family of skunks crossing the spill way heading right toward us. All I could think of was Maddie getting skunked and Jo cussing me so I jumped on the atv and made it for the house. Lucky Maddie would rather chase the atv than skunks so she came home with me. I told Jo about the visitors and she said that if I didnt get rid of them we'd be stuck with them all summer. So I grabbed the shotgun and back down the hill I trotted. 4 shots later there where at least 4 skunks laying dead. I told Jo since she wanted them gone she could take care of the disposal. Trash bag, rubber gloves and shovel in hand back down the hill we went. We shoveled them up and put them in a trash bag and hauled them across the road to a big sink hole. As I type shes still in the shower trying to get rid of the smell. There are some things just better left alone...to me a skunk is one of them. Gotta go, the shower is open LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a bag full of dead skunks   What to do with a bag full of dead skunks Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 7:09 am

Glad it turned out alright... Very Happy

Could have been worse. affraid

What to do with a bag full of dead skunks Radioactive_skunk
Back to top Go down
suze

suze

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a bag full of dead skunks   What to do with a bag full of dead skunks Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:39 pm

EEWWWW -- that smell is horrible !!
But, at least they are taken care of, huh?
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a bag full of dead skunks   What to do with a bag full of dead skunks Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:37 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a bag full of dead skunks   What to do with a bag full of dead skunks Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 8:31 am

Add Rocks throw in River
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a bag full of dead skunks   What to do with a bag full of dead skunks Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 11:44 am

If the skunks were alive you could have put them in a burlap bag filled with blown up balloons and toss them into your pond. It's really the guilt-free way to get rid of critters you don't want. The theory is if they (skunks, cats, cats, or cats) choose to break the ballons, it's suicide. Not your fault.

Disclaimer: I have not done this. I read it somewhere.
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a bag full of dead skunks   What to do with a bag full of dead skunks Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 12:20 pm

LOL PP that's funny stuff!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to do with a bag full of dead skunks   What to do with a bag full of dead skunks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What to do with a bag full of dead skunks
Page 1 of 1