QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greenridge

Go down 
+6
elklickbee
giddyupgirl
wacker
suze
Sneaky Pete
Tequila
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
G Bob

G Bob

Greenridge  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greenridge    Greenridge  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:47 pm

Greenridge  - Page 2 5595163023_87e12cc48c_z
pigs fly logo2 by gbobbrown, on Flickr

My next door neighbor has a traveling booth that he sits up at fairs and festivals and such by the same name. This is his logo I had tried to get him to do a meal for the july 4th ride but they are always somewhere else that weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Greenridge    Greenridge  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 1:13 pm

Yampol wrote:
When Pigs Fly. I have eaten there. In Cumberland. Ha Ha. A real resturant.

I think that place may have closed up last year...? pig confused Sad

~~~

I like the banner G-Bob Cool
Back to top Go down
elklickbee

PostSubject: Re: Greenridge    Greenridge  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:57 pm

I would like to add to this thread. I attended the meeting at Green Ridge. There were reps from Northern Va Trailriders and Baltimore Trail Riders Ass. and four of us locals. This is the first time that the state has come to the ORV community. I have been an activist for atv's in the state for a long time. This is the first time in 8 years that someone actually replied to anything I had to say. DNR and the state forest sup is very, very interested in what we have to say. The point of contact that reps the state is a very open individual who understands our needs. I brought facts to the meeting and didnt waste time trying to argue with them. When it comes to the dollar and the fact that atving is the most popular family outdoor activity in the county and continues to grow. That very fact gets their attention. There were several environmental types there also. I made them a deal that if they go on a ride with those that I ride with and others who may wish to come, then I will go to one of their classes. Fair deal for all. I did see the problems with Green Ridge and noted that if we had a larger area to ride, then the footprint we are making on the forest would be less. They are open to people who wish to re-route the trails in green ridge and North Va. guys are doing just that. Also, they are interested in opening new trails along the ridge lines in allegany and garrett counties. some of you have riden with me up on Dan's Mt. It makes for a nice little day ride. We are having another meeting on the 17th up in Avilton at the community center to discuss our ride with DNR and the environmentalists. I am also going to meet with the Allegany County Tourism Board along with one of those environmentalists who is much interested in how we all can work together. I implore each of you who would like some areas to ride in to write the state forester and John Wilson who is the point of contact with DNR. Also, the head of the state forest system is going to WVA to tour hatfield/mccoy to see how they incorporate conservation along with the need to ride. If any of you or your families wish to ride with us let me know. This will be a historic event as we will be riding on both state and public lands. Please email me if you are interested. They have opened the door, we just have to keep it open. I am also open to discuss the meeting in more detail for those who are interested.

Thanks
Elk.
Back to top Go down
elklickbee

PostSubject: Re: Greenridge    Greenridge  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:59 pm

and yes, pigs has been closed for some time now.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Greenridge    Greenridge  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 7:12 pm

Greenridge  - Page 2 177722
Back to top Go down
Tequila

Tequila

PostSubject: Re: Greenridge    Greenridge  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 10:14 am

Greenridge  - Page 2 277424
Back to top Go down
Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete

PostSubject: Re: Greenridge    Greenridge  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 1:10 pm

Just read this in the Maryland news letter that I receive via E mail every month.

http://dnr.maryland.gov/land/MD_Trails/orv.asp

Feel free to copy and paste it if it doesn't open for you when you click on it.
Pete
Back to top Go down
http://www.picasaweb.google.com/petelease2
Tequila

Tequila

PostSubject: Re: Greenridge    Greenridge  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 9:23 am

If anyone is interested...There is a meeting 4/17 @ 6:00 pm @ the Avilton community center - exit 24 off I-68

The ad is in the Republican - - OFF-ROAD VEHICLE TRAIL MEETING
It doesn't say if DNR will be there or not - "sponsored by citizens' rights and heritage group, a watchdog group particularly interested in DNR activities. Meeting open to everyone - come hear about immediate closures and review options."
Back to top Go down
elklickbee

PostSubject: Re: Greenridge    Greenridge  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 6:41 pm

the meeting we had went great. we had Sen. George Edwards and Rep. Wendell Beitzell to give some insight on the political level. some great ideas were shared and it looks like we might try and get a 501c non profit group together so we can truly be united. will keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
Tequila

Tequila

PostSubject: Re: Greenridge    Greenridge  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 6:52 pm

Cool
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Greenridge    Greenridge  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:27 pm

Sounds like the ball is rolling in the right direction... Very Happy

Greenridge  - Page 2 597300

Back to top Go down
Tequila

Tequila

PostSubject: Re: Greenridge    Greenridge  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 2:22 pm

OHV trail at Greenridge is permanently closed. Mad
Back to top Go down
Tequila

Tequila

PostSubject: Re: Greenridge    Greenridge  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 4:15 pm

We decided to go to Greenridge Saturday in the Jeep. It really is unfortunate that GR remains closed to ORV use. We did see 1 dual sport rider, maybe 3 other vehicles, a handful of campers, 3 people fishing, and 1 dozer doing some tree/grading work. We kept wondering where all the people were that wanted to use the park sans atvers. Has anyone heard if the effort to reopen orv trail continues?
Back to top Go down
Tequila

Tequila

PostSubject: Re: Greenridge    Greenridge  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 5:01 pm

Looks like Maryland might have something going on. I can't wait. Here is a link Tequila found.

http://times-news.com/local/x1614272210/DNR-close-to-living-up-to-trail-promise

Yampol
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
midget

midget

PostSubject: Re: Greenridge    Greenridge  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 6:30 pm

It would be nice if they did open some trials.
But  you know how MD can be.Mad
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Greenridge    Greenridge  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 8:16 am

Tequila wrote:
Looks like Maryland might have something going on. I can't wait. Here is a link Tequila found.

http://times-news.com/local/x1614272210/DNR-close-to-living-up-to-trail-promise

Yampol
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Proposed St. John's Rock ORV Trail Evaluation Ride
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greenridge    Greenridge  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greenridge
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2