QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RZR belt change

Go down 
+6
gump
suze
G Bob
wacker
giddyupgirl
slopoke
10 posters
AuthorMessage
slopoke

slopoke

RZR belt change Empty
PostSubject: RZR belt change   RZR belt change Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 8:23 pm

Here is the link to the belt change. Thanks Midget!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeYVwKH6HHQ

For my 09 rzr I needed a 5/8 combination wrench and used a 5/8 ratcheting wrench also, to take the seat belt and seat frame mount off. They skip part of that in the video.
A T27 torx to take the same bar and seperate it from the gearshifter mount bracket.
A 1/4 nut driver to take the hose clamps off the belt housing cover, a slotted screwdriver would work also.
A 3/8 nutdriver for the nine (?) lag type bolts holding the plastic cover on, there are three on the bottom and I used a 3/8 ratchet 3/8" deep socket and an extension on these to break them loose. then the nut driver to get them off.
you can use the 1/2" extension like in the video but I just wrestled mine on.

I will buy another belt and have it for a spare in my toolbox on the rzr as well as the above mentioned tools.

I think the reason the belt broke was low gear should be used for, according to the manual, speeds of 7 mph and under.
My brakes were weak and I was doing some low gear riding on some hills to not have to use my brakes so much.
So I think it got hot and eventually gave shredded
The belt housing box was very clean and had no water or mud in it.
When I took the belt off I looked in the breather hose where I had taken the hose clamps off and a lot of belt chunks were in there. I cleaned it all up and reassembled and tested at lower speeds. Maybe OK now.

The purpose of this post is to hopefully help someone else out in the future. Before they brake down and have to be towed out and a beautiful ride day cut short.
If I would have been by myself or with Chin riding it would have been a real mess. This is a good reason to not ride by yourself!
So tomorrow a new tire, brakes, and another belt. MORE MONEY lol!
Back to top Go down
giddyupgirl

giddyupgirl

RZR belt change Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR belt change   RZR belt change Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 8:49 pm

Slopoke- thanks for the words of wisdom...
I figure if it ever happens again, there wil be a spare belt somewhere in the group.

New tire, brakes, and a belt? Probably cheaper than a transmission job...
lol!
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

RZR belt change Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR belt change   RZR belt change Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 9:37 pm

Good Info Slopoke, thanks very much. Cool
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

RZR belt change Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR belt change   RZR belt change Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 9:49 pm

Glad thats all it was. I think I spent more money on replacement parts today than you did
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
wacker

wacker

RZR belt change Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR belt change   RZR belt change Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 8:01 am

Slopoke... post up what replacement you get for it, thanks.
Back to top Go down
suze

suze

RZR belt change Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR belt change   RZR belt change Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 8:33 am

Glad that's all that it was --you'll be back on the trail in no time.
Back to top Go down
gump

gump

RZR belt change Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR belt change   RZR belt change Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:17 am

Man i wish i was with you guys this weekend. I carry two extra belts and the tools to do it i think icann change them out in under ten minutes. Maybe next ride i can go and meet you all. I had a family reunion on saturday first one in ten yrs.
Back to top Go down
gump

gump

RZR belt change Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR belt change   RZR belt change Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:23 am

Slopoke hopefully you took compressed airr and blew the clutch out good. Even dust dirt can actualy make the clutch not work properly and if you had a belt shred you realy need to make sure it is all clean. Anyone with a rzr i highly recommend blowing out your clutch with air. I do mine about maybe every three hundred miles around the time i change my oil.
Back to top Go down
slopoke

slopoke

RZR belt change Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR belt change   RZR belt change Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 7:02 pm

gump wrote:
Slopoke hopefully you took compressed airr and blew the clutch out good. Even dust dirt can actualy make the clutch not work properly and if you had a belt shred you realy need to make sure it is all clean. Anyone with a rzr i highly recommend blowing out your clutch with air. I do mine about maybe every three hundred miles around the time i change my oil.
Thanks Gump.
Wish you would have been there too!!
I will take the belt cover back out and blow it all out and soap and waterwash the belt tomorrow.
I read this is helpful for the original break in dusting.

I went today and got a spare polaris 3211113 belt, this is the same as the original belt.
Also bought new front and rear brake pads and a new front tire.
belts are cheaper online but time was critical with me leaving for Gilbert first thing Thursday morning.

I was originally going to get just front brakes but Doug said they wear evenly so I got the rear too.
Glad I did. Both rears were shot. The fronts I could have got anther ride or two out of but beings I had them apart I went ahead and replaced them also.
My air filter box was a little dusty but nothing got by it. Cleaned everything out real good. New filter coming after this ride.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

RZR belt change Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR belt change   RZR belt change Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 7:08 pm

Cost $ on the new 3211113 belt ?

Any thoughts on the EPI severe duty?

1st brake change? how many miles?
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

RZR belt change Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR belt change   RZR belt change Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 7:21 pm

G Bob wrote:
Glad thats all it was. I think I spent more money on replacement parts today than you did

What did you break?
Back to top Go down
gump

gump

RZR belt change Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR belt change   RZR belt change Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 7:37 pm

Wacker go with the polaris belt i have heard less problems with it than the other brands.
Slopoke when you clean or replace your filter if you havent already clean the bap sensor it is the one that has one bolt holding it to the airbox between filter and intake. Take it out spray it with electric parts cleaner just the tip, looks like a match stick head. Helps with your idle. How many miles do you have i need brake pads as well. How much were they. I get my belts at polaris for i think $60 ish.
Back to top Go down
slopoke

slopoke

RZR belt change Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR belt change   RZR belt change Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 8:10 pm

wacker wrote:
Cost $ on the new 3211113 belt ?

Any thoughts on the EPI severe duty?

1st brake change? how many miles?

Greg
$65 at dealer... would have been cheaper if I had time for ebay.
not sure on the severe duty.
1st brake change less than 1200 miles.
I will take it back apart tomorrow to clean it and give you the # off the belt I ordered before.
It was around $50 I think.
brakes would have been a lot less also...
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

RZR belt change Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR belt change   RZR belt change Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 8:26 pm

Thanks Slopoke & Gump for all the info... Cool
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

RZR belt change Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR belt change   RZR belt change Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 8:35 pm

new cv boot for Jo's atv 17.95, new brake pads for her yama 35 bucks new front pads for mine 23 bucks but the real killer was the rear bushing repair kit 100 bucks and that was just for one side. And we're still gonna have to have hers re-ringed obviously Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
Farmer

Farmer

RZR belt change Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR belt change   RZR belt change Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Good to hear your back up and going Poke. Looks like a belt will need to be in my box next time. As far as down hilling in low i do it all the time and was told that was ok so I would hope that was not the down fall of the belt. Polaris has always been known for eating belts. Have fun on your next ride and as always be safe.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed

RZR belt change Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR belt change   RZR belt change Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 8:04 am

We went to Polaris last night Belt same # $50.00
Seat adjuster 60.00
They gave me 10 new skid plate bolts, they came off another machine and he couldn't sell them.

Sales guy at Polaris said he was at Rockhouse this weekend with a group, one of the guys riding a sport bike put it over the mountain said he bailed just in time caught a tree. When they finely reached the machine they took the motor and tires the rest is still there. New bike no insurnace.

Thanks Slopoke for the info. I have everything on the bike except the #27 torx which I will add.

PS 2,423 miles on original brakes but they about done
Back to top Go down
RadRed44

RadRed44

RZR belt change Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR belt change   RZR belt change Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:23 pm

Good info all. I'll be adding a spare belt to my toolbox now.
Back to top Go down
slopoke

slopoke

RZR belt change Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR belt change   RZR belt change Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 4:08 am

Greg it was the same belt numberas the originl and the new spare 3211113.
No shavings got them all the first time... all is good.
I am leaving for Gilbert Browning fork trailhouse bound shortly.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

RZR belt change Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR belt change   RZR belt change Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 4:33 pm

Thanks... Be safe & have a great time this weekend. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RZR belt change Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR belt change   RZR belt change Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RZR belt change
Page 1 of 1