QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting to Walmart

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sullyjim

sullyjim

Getting to Walmart Empty
PostSubject: Getting to Walmart   Getting to Walmart Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 9:20 am

We, (me, my wife, son, and daughter-in-law) are planning several trips to Hatfield-McCoy trails this year, and my daughter-in-law has expressed an interest in riding her ATV to Walmart. Checking on the net, it looks like there is a Walmart in the little town of Kimball, but I can't find any trails that go there. I know some of you go there pretty often, so could you point me in the right direction to go to Walmart? If there is a different Walmart that you can ride to, that is fine, but we would prefer it from a H-M trail. Any of them will work, she just wants to be able to ride her ATV there. Thanks for any help/directions.
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

Getting to Walmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting to Walmart   Getting to Walmart Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 10:26 am

Where are you staying Jim?  Are you familiar with Charlie Reed Junction?

You can't get there via 100% Hatfield trails.
Back to top Go down
sullyjim

sullyjim

Getting to Walmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting to Walmart   Getting to Walmart Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 10:33 am

We are flexible on where to stay, but prefer motel or cabin with bath. No camping. If we can find the trails, then we can book our lodging accordingly. Of course, it is always nice to stay where they are ATV friendly. Thanks for replying.
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

Getting to Walmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting to Walmart   Getting to Walmart Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 12:17 pm

It's all about reply's isn't it? To give you a overview, the shot below shows WalMarts's location. To get on the route with the yellow dots, you would leave Tiny's Corner and the Hatfield connector taking the road up to the top of Burke Mtn. Right on the haul road followed by an almost immediant left. That road takes you all the way to US52 in Kimball. Right on 52.

If you know where Charlie Reed Junction is, you can take the double blue dot route to WalMart, riding less of US52. The single blue dots show the route that we use to visit KFC in Welch. When you come to 52, you would go left.

Clear as mud on a rainy night right? Very Happy

Getting to Walmart Wm_bmp10
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Getting to Walmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting to Walmart   Getting to Walmart Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 12:29 pm

Great Layout with Good Directions and a Map.... Cool

Any lodging around Indian Ridge System would put
you almost in the middle of three HM Trails. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sullyjim

sullyjim

Getting to Walmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting to Walmart   Getting to Walmart Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 2:10 pm

Thanks Lee. I can figure it out now, with that map and directions. A really big help. We are planning on going to Little Coal River in April, then, in late May, to Gilbert to ride Rockhouse and trailer from there to Matewan Then another trip to Pineville and ride the trails there in July.
Back to top Go down
dmoser100

Getting to Walmart Empty
PostSubject: Walmart    Getting to Walmart Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 11:11 am

New to quadcrewriders just saw your post if u go onto kimball atv hideaway site click on google tab and will give u all kinds of trails to walmart....enjoy
Back to top Go down
flipper

flipper

Getting to Walmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting to Walmart   Getting to Walmart Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 7:57 am

That Walmart is closing isn't it?
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Getting to Walmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting to Walmart   Getting to Walmart Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 8:06 am

It was on the list in an article I read and that county officials were trying to contact Walmart to reconsider.

Getting to Walmart Wm
Back to top Go down
flipper

flipper

Getting to Walmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting to Walmart   Getting to Walmart Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 10:22 am

Interesting. Let's see if they can change Walmart's mind.
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

Getting to Walmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting to Walmart   Getting to Walmart Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 9:57 am

It is my understanding the store closed end of January.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Getting to Walmart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting to Walmart   Getting to Walmart Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting to Walmart
Page 1 of 1