QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

motocove review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tequila

Tequila

motocove review Empty
PostSubject: motocove review   motocove review Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 10:46 am

MotoCove - Gore, VA
Anyone familiar with this riding area??
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

motocove review Empty
PostSubject: Re: motocove review   motocove review Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 11:54 am

Never been but ...

Looked at their trail map a few years back and seemed like a really small place. Would have
been $50 for both of us just to ride one day. We went to the hunt club and rode instead.

Here's several reviews... most say it's rocky.

http://www.bluetraxx.com/forums/where-ride/68741-motocove-gore-virginia-question.html

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/735648-moto-cove-gore-va/

http://drinkbrawndo.blogspot.com/2010/08/moto-cove.html

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/150037-MotoCove-in-Gore-VA-Any-info-appreciated.
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

motocove review Empty
PostSubject: Re: motocove review   motocove review Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 3:38 pm

I was there once about 2-3 years ago. I was mostly Jeep trails. Not you run of the mill Jeep but a big old tare the carp out of some stuff jeeps. There were rocks and where there were not rocks there was big rocks and then the occasional tank trap hole. But there was a nice lake and very nice scenery.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

motocove review Empty
PostSubject: Re: motocove review   motocove review Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 5:12 pm

DJ750 wrote:
There were rocks and where there were not rocks there was big rocks and then the occasional tank trap hole.

That's what I got out of most of the posts that I scanned down through...

but the highlighted part above mostly sounds like when I rode at "Tasker's Gap" in Va way back.

One trail had a sign at the very beginning of it - "Very Rocky". It was only about a half to three quarter of a mile long trail,
but then about half way through it there was another sign. Something like, "If you made it this far - your stupid" Laughing
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

motocove review Empty
PostSubject: Re: motocove review   motocove review Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 5:33 pm

wacker wrote:
DJ750 wrote:
There were rocks and where there were not rocks there was big rocks and then the occasional tank trap hole.

That's what I got out of most of the posts that I scanned down through...

but the highlighted part above mostly sounds like when I rode at "Tasker's Gap" in Va way back.

One trail had a sign at the very beginning of it - "Very Rocky". It was only about a half to three quarter of a mile long trail,
but then about half way through it there was another sign. Something like, "If you made it this far - your stupid" Laughing

Yeah Wack I have been there about 5 times. It's a pice of cake compared to Moto Cove
Back to top Go down
sullyjim

sullyjim

motocove review Empty
PostSubject: Re: motocove review   motocove review Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:10 am

We rode at Motocove back in the fall, and it is all ROCK! If you like rock crawling and riding with Jeeps and other vehicles, this is the place. But it is all work, with very little relaxing riding. Jim
Back to top Go down
sullyjim

sullyjim

motocove review Empty
PostSubject: Re: motocove review   motocove review Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 8:52 am

DJ750: What did you think of Tasker's Gap? That is our next destination, as soon as they open the trails. Did you also ride at Peter's Mill?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

motocove review Empty
PostSubject: Re: motocove review   motocove review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

motocove review
Page 1 of 1