QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is there a map of the Outlaw Trails?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bthunter

bthunter

Is there a map of the Outlaw Trails? Empty
PostSubject: Is there a map of the Outlaw Trails?   Is there a map of the Outlaw Trails? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 7:30 pm

I was wondering if there was a "good" accurate map of the Outlaw Trails. I'm trying to gather info for the next ride. I understand the HMT trails can be accesed from the OLT but where?
bthunter Question
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Is there a map of the Outlaw Trails?   Is there a map of the Outlaw Trails? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 7:50 pm

In the sense of a 'paper' ? Not really anything with enough detail worth carrying around in my opinion. But if you or someone has a GPS handheld then you definitely need to install 'BobT's' Outlaw Trail GPS Map with terrain maps of the area. There's trails everywhere mingling in and out of all the HMT trails.

https://quadcrewriders.forumotion.com/t1143-released-a-new-map#16056
Back to top Go down
BobT

BobT

PostSubject: Re: Is there a map of the Outlaw Trails?   Is there a map of the Outlaw Trails? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 11:05 pm

BT, even if you don't have a GPS you can download the file that Wacker linked to. You can view all of the trails and print them from Basecamp. You can get Garming Basecamp for free at the link below

Garmin Basecamp

You can also download a free WV Topo map here

WV TOPO Map

Both are self installing. When you download the ATV Trails Map it will install the original gps tracks in directory you choose. Go find them and copy them to somewhere easier to find.

Open Basecamp and select the Topo from the maps dropdown list. Open the original ATV Trails gps tracks and the will show up on top of the Topo map. You can only have one map display at a time in Basecamp that is why you have to use the original tracks, this is also why I give them to you.

Basecamp has a fairly good printing option. You can print the map on a series of letter or tabloid paper. I have printed them 36" x 48" on a high quality color printer at work and they come out nice. The smaller ones are easier to carry obviously. I have a couple of the large ones in our trailer for planning our rides. I also gave one to Roger at Hilltop, I think he is going to hang it in the restaurant.

One thing is the map you download will have a light beige background that also prints. I have recently figured out how to make the background pure white. The ones I printed have the white background. Unfortunately at this time I am the only one with this map. I will publish a new map with a white background in the next couple of months. I am waiting to get a complete set of accurate Burning Rock tracks before I release a new map. Ihave about 1/2 of it tracked. If anyone has some accurate tracks of BR I would appreciate it you would send them to me.

If you have any questions you can email me at bobtitzer@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.triadtrailblazers.com
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Is there a map of the Outlaw Trails?   Is there a map of the Outlaw Trails? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 7:14 am

Is there a map of the Outlaw Trails? 177722

Thanks BobT
Back to top Go down
Timmi

PostSubject: Re: Is there a map of the Outlaw Trails?   Is there a map of the Outlaw Trails? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 7:37 am

Yes, thanks, Bob! I use your maps on my gps's. They are very well done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ttimmii/
BobT

BobT

PostSubject: Re: Is there a map of the Outlaw Trails?   Is there a map of the Outlaw Trails? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 8:27 am

Below is a picture of how you should have your display options set for best printing. Also, just have the map showing and not the tracks.

bgskk's Screenshots album on Photobucket
" border="0" alt=""/>
Back to top Go down
http://www.triadtrailblazers.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there a map of the Outlaw Trails?   Is there a map of the Outlaw Trails? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is there a map of the Outlaw Trails?
Page 1 of 1