QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heavy duty Axle

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
G Bob

G Bob

Heavy duty Axle  Empty
PostSubject: Heavy duty Axle    Heavy duty Axle  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 8:05 pm

So I got my new replacement axle in. Ebay from a company in Florida. Every replacement axle I have bought has claimed heavy duty but this thing is a brute. The shaft is much thicker, the cv joint is much heavier and bigger around. I'm wondering if this will cause a problem at speed. Do you think one axle being so much heavier than the other will make a difference? Should I go ahead and put in it and just hope for the best? What to do?
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
rockrolls

Heavy duty Axle  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heavy duty Axle    Heavy duty Axle  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 11:06 am

probably should replace both might be out of balance with one heavier don't really know or just put it on and try it
Back to top Go down
Farmer

Farmer

Heavy duty Axle  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heavy duty Axle    Heavy duty Axle  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 9:42 pm

Had a replacement rear axle in the Rhino like that. (Was much beefer looking than the OEM one.) Had no problems. Don't be scared!!!
Back to top Go down
Farmer

Farmer

Heavy duty Axle  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heavy duty Axle    Heavy duty Axle  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 9:43 pm

It was from Ebay as well.
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

Heavy duty Axle  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heavy duty Axle    Heavy duty Axle  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 8:57 am

When I replaced my rear axles, I went with the Rhino Brand from SuperATV. Those are also more heavy duty than stock.

I bought the pair cause I figured if one was bad the other wasn't too far behind. I figure the difference to turn the light the shaft vs. the heavy shaft is very minimal.
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

Heavy duty Axle  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heavy duty Axle    Heavy duty Axle  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 9:21 am

Since it was owner neglect and not wear that caused the damage I think I'm just gonna go with the one axle and see how it goes. New ball joints should be in this week and hope to get it all put back together this weekend...maybe Smile
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

Heavy duty Axle  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heavy duty Axle    Heavy duty Axle  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 8:25 pm

Everything back together along with new brakes on the front and it seems to be working fine. Even though its my fault for letting the castle nut work it way loose I will add that the factory cotter pins are WAY to small for the opening in the nuts. I checked my other side and Jo's atv and the cotter pins are so loose you can almost pull them thru the hole in the ball joint. I bought some 3/32 pins from tractor supply and they fit much better than the factory ones.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Heavy duty Axle  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heavy duty Axle    Heavy duty Axle  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 1:16 pm

I've replaced the wheel bearings a few times and ball joints once, but I know for sure that I put larger cotter pins back in because I could get them to fit. Glad everything is back together. Cool

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Heavy duty Axle  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heavy duty Axle    Heavy duty Axle  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heavy duty Axle
Page 1 of 1