QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marienville Bike Trail @ ANF

Go down 
+2
wacker
Ruger
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ruger

Ruger

Marienville Bike Trail @ ANF Empty
PostSubject: Marienville Bike Trail @ ANF   Marienville Bike Trail @ ANF Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:04 pm

Course the name of the trail is a little misleading. But ATV's are legal on this section of trail inside of Allegheny Nat'l. Forest. It is a one way loop that should take the average rider 3 hours to make because of some the techinal and rocky sections of trail. There is a very technical rock crawl section that does go up hill and I wouldn't sugget an average rider try it. The good news is there is small loop that does go around this section. There is also another samll rcoky section that you cannot avoid but it is not as bad as the afore mentioned rock crawl. Here's a couple pictures from that section.

Marienville Bike Trail @ ANF Picture%20594

Marienville Bike Trail @ ANF Picture%20595

It's not bad you just have to pick your way thru it. 4 wheel drive no problems.

Here's few more pics from ANF

Marienville Bike Trail @ ANF Picture%20597

Marienville Bike Trail @ ANF Picture%20599

Going thru some of these pictures makes me want to get back there to ride this year. Relaxin ride and nice scenery for sure.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Marienville Bike Trail @ ANF   Marienville Bike Trail @ ANF Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:02 pm

Nice pictures... look similiar to the "rocky" PA trails over this way.

Is Couger Bob's on that trail somewhere? Cool
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

PostSubject: Re: Marienville Bike Trail @ ANF   Marienville Bike Trail @ ANF Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 8:56 am

Nice pictures
Back to top Go down
sparky

sparky

PostSubject: Re: Marienville Bike Trail @ ANF   Marienville Bike Trail @ ANF Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 7:11 pm

Ok how much are the permits to ride there?
Back to top Go down
Grizz

Grizz

PostSubject: Re: Marienville Bike Trail @ ANF   Marienville Bike Trail @ ANF Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 7:41 pm

Link to Allegheny National Forest

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/allegheny/recreation/atv_trails/

Annual ATV/Trail bike permit
Cost: $35.00 / Time Period: One calendar year or a day permit $10 a day. their are also local vendors who sale permits.
Anyone who rides a motorozed vehicle on the ANF off-highway vehicle designated ATV/motorized bike trail system is required to purchase a ATV/Trail bike permit. Permits are available at the ANF offices located in Marienville (Marienville Ranger District) or Marshburg (Bradford Ranger District), or by mail, to:

Bradford Ranger District
29 Forest Service Drive
Bradford, PA 16701
Marienville Ranger District
131 Smokey Lane
Marienville, PA 16239
Back to top Go down
sparky

sparky

PostSubject: Re: Marienville Bike Trail @ ANF   Marienville Bike Trail @ ANF Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 8:17 pm

I was on the website but only found who sold the permits no cost thats why I asked. That is a good price for the year . Looks loke I will have to go out there this summer and ride. Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
Grizz

Grizz

PostSubject: Re: Marienville Bike Trail @ ANF   Marienville Bike Trail @ ANF Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 9:08 pm

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/allegheny/recreation/atv_trails/

Look on the top left side "Passes & Permits" I don't know why they make this so hard to find.

Always call ahead, they close the trails if it's to muddy & the trails are being torn up to bad, like a thaw in the Winter Season

The trail seasons run from the Friday before Memorial Day to the last Sunday in September and from December 20 to April 1. Last year some wkends in Oct. were open because of the extremely nice weather

Free Camping is permitted along the trail as long as your equipment does not block the trail. There is limited space for camping at the Timberline and Beuhler Trailheads. Camping is not permitted at the Pigs Ear Trailhead.
Back to top Go down
DAHSR

PostSubject: MARIONVILLE BIKE TRAIL   Marienville Bike Trail @ ANF Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 6:13 pm

What is your opinion of the trail as of today? What would you say about riding this on a dirt bike, KX250? I last rode this in 2007 and it was rweally difficult on my dirt bike.

DAHSR
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Marienville Bike Trail @ ANF   Marienville Bike Trail @ ANF Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:14 pm

I've not ridden at ANF before, but Ruger may be able to help with an answer.

But... WELCOME to QCR Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Marienville Bike Trail @ ANF   Marienville Bike Trail @ ANF Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:04 pm

I haven't been there yet this year but we did ride it last year and it hadn't changed much since the year before (2008).

Everytime we have rode that trail we do see mostly dirt bikes on it and they usually pass us cause we are going slower thru the rough section due to the 4 wheels and all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marienville Bike Trail @ ANF   Marienville Bike Trail @ ANF Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marienville Bike Trail @ ANF
Page 1 of 1