Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeRegisterLog in

Pocahontas HMT Trail

Go down 
AuthorMessage
wacker

wacker

Pocahontas HMT Trail Empty
PostSubject: Pocahontas HMT Trail   Pocahontas HMT Trail Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 4:43 pm

Hatfield McCoy Trails

Great video with a preview of Pocahontas and info about how trail systems
are developed and built with HMTs John Fekete and Jordan Cox!

The "Laidback" and the Mayor are both represented in the video... cheers

http://www.dirttraxtv.com/vidplayer.asp?id=62

Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: Pocahontas HMT Trail   Pocahontas HMT Trail Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 3:07 pm

We rode a lot of new trail in this area Wednesday and Thursday. It's a long story why we ended up where Hatfield parks the equipment working on Poco, and it is one that bears telling, but we managed to talk to the Ranger (with gun) and a couple of others (with sore hands). He said they are hoping for a soft opening Memorial Day weekend, adding that the Trailhead is still an issue.

I also hope I have some tracks to share. I almost think we rode the outermost borders of the system.

On a related note (that story) recall that GBob posted Brute exhaust breakage and then mine broke. Just recently, DJ posted Brute tie rod end breakage.

Please see below... Sad

Pocahontas HMT Trail 2012-03-07_13-41-53_356
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: Pocahontas HMT Trail   Pocahontas HMT Trail Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 3:07 pm

We rode a lot of new trail in this area Wednesday and Thursday. It's a long story why we ended up where Hatfield parks the equipment working on Poco, and it is one that bears telling, but we managed to talk to the Ranger (with gun) and a couple of others (with sore hands). He said they are hoping for a soft opening Memorial Day weekend, adding that the Trailhead is still an issue.

I also hope I have some tracks to share. I almost think we rode the outermost borders of the system.

On a related note (that story) recall that GBob posted Brute exhaust breakage and then mine broke. Just recently, DJ posted Brute tie rod end breakage.

Please see below... Sad

Pocahontas HMT Trail 2012-03-07_13-41-53_356
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Pocahontas HMT Trail   Pocahontas HMT Trail Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:06 pm

That damn DJ he's a jinx. So much so you had to post it twice. Still hope you had a good despite the mechanical issues.

Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: Pocahontas HMT Trail   Pocahontas HMT Trail Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:37 am

Sorry about the double dip! I thought I had deleted it...
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Pocahontas HMT Trail   Pocahontas HMT Trail Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:52 am

That will definitely keep you going in circles...

Hope all is well now and didn't cause to much trouble.

Pocahontas HMT Trail 414696
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

PostSubject: Re: Pocahontas HMT Trail   Pocahontas HMT Trail Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:25 am

All that brute power...somethings gotta give Lee. Hope it didnt end your day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: Pocahontas HMT Trail   Pocahontas HMT Trail Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:34 am

Naw - it didn't end the day. Just forced a break. I want to get a ride report out but I haven't been in the office since Tuesday! Short version of the Tie Rod thing goes something like this:

Danger Dave and I were exploring more of Poco and we're nearer to Montcalm than anywhere else when the Brute started steering all funny. Luckily we were in a nice wide area when the ball popped out of the joint. This was around 1.45P Wednesday. Just moments into the repair attempt Larry showed up offering assistance. After making the bungie repair, we rode to Larry's house in less than 5 minutes.

Dave's phone worked so the calls started and Larry even offered his truck to me to go to Princeton or Millers. Millers was a no on the parts. I called Rocinate (James) at United Cycle in Beckley since he was coming down the next morning. None there either, but he said the Kawie dealer in somewhere VA, about 30 miles from Bluefield, had 5 or 6 sets. Last resort was a used / new / salvage place on 20 toward Princeton. The guy who knew these parts things also drove the school bus. He wouldn’t be back until 4 or after.

While pondering the situation, the Hatfield crew showed up. They were using part of Larry’s yard to store a backhoe and couple of Rhinos. This is where the Memorial Day topic was discussed.

Deciding to ride it back to the cabin, Dave and I took the gravel and pavement to Mountain Top. When we got there, Dave’s phone had messages. Larry was waiting at that other place with parts in hand. I provided a credit card number and he met me on top of Windmill Gap at about 4.30P. James had also located a set which he brought with him Thursday morning. I was riding again slightly after 5 o’clock.

This just proves once again how NICE and HELPFUL these WV natives are. I got friends in them thar hills!!
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: Pocahontas HMT Trail   Pocahontas HMT Trail Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:06 pm

Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Pocahontas HMT Trail   Pocahontas HMT Trail Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:17 pm

Pocahontas HMT Trail 33947
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: Pocahontas HMT Trail   Pocahontas HMT Trail Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:44 pm

LOL. This is more of an incident report. A snapshop of 3 hrs out of 3 days. I'm pecking along on one though!!
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

PostSubject: Re: Pocahontas HMT Trail   Pocahontas HMT Trail Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:00 pm

Nice pics....bet that water was nice and warm Smile Broken muffler, broken tie rod. I think thats when I ended up with a Yamacliner Smile
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Pocahontas HMT Trail   Pocahontas HMT Trail Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:23 pm

Nice pics and ride report Lee
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: Pocahontas HMT Trail   Pocahontas HMT Trail Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:32 pm

The water was very cold as it interacted with my... And this is the most miles, by far, I have ever had on an ATV. Although I have seen some with 20,000 more, 4500+ sure does seem like a bunch to me! I guess we will see what happens next. I hope whatever it is, it's cheap like me! Laughing
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

PostSubject: Re: Pocahontas HMT Trail   Pocahontas HMT Trail Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:36 pm

ohhhh its still got some life left it in. My brute had over 5700 miles on it when the guy drove of out of my yard and out of my life.
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: Pocahontas HMT Trail   Pocahontas HMT Trail Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 8:13 am

From HF Site:

We are proud to announce the newest addition to the Hatfield-McCoy Trails Family, the Pocahontas Trail System. The Pocahontas trail system will officially open this Memorial Weekend, beginning Friday May 25th. The Trailhead will be located in the historic town of Bramwell, WV. Construction of the system is currently underway and is scheduled to be completed in time for the opening with a two acre park-and-ride and porta-johns where the trailhead facility will be located.

A permanent trailhead facility and visitors center is scheduled to be completed later this summer. The trail system will consists of approximately 60 total miles of trail by its opening with more mileage anticipated to be added in the future. The town of Bramwell where the Trailhead will be located is historically known for its once large population of millionaires and millionaire homes in the early 20th century. The trails themselves will consist of a large percentage of scenic, easier to moderately difficult trails with a smaller percentage of difficult trails.

However, exact percentages and mileages are still being determined. . This trail system will have direct access to the City of Bramwell and the neighboring Indian Ridge Trail System. Bramwell has gas, food, and lodging located in the town. Under Related Links you will soon find directions to the trailhead, a current map of the trail, information about community connectors, and links, attractions and lodging near the Pocahontas Trail System.

The physical address for this trailhead is ..... Soon to come
The GPS Coordinates for this tralhead is ..... Soon to come

Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Pocahontas HMT Trail   Pocahontas HMT Trail Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 12:32 pm

Glad you got it fixed quickly... Pocahontas HMT Trail 643753
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pocahontas HMT Trail   Pocahontas HMT Trail Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pocahontas HMT Trail
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
QuadCrew Riders :: Media Center :: Pictures and Videos-
Jump to: