QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trail Connector

Go down 
+12
Prairie Pounder
sparky
Lee
Mr.Ed
giddyupgirl
polarislover
Switchback Roller
G Bob
slopoke
Ruger
wacker
DJ750
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ruger

Ruger

Trail Connector - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Connector   Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 9:38 am

Any new updates?
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Trail Connector   Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 9:39 am

Mr.Ed wrote:
DOC AND MYSELF ARE HERE AS WE SPEAK AND IT IS NOT OPEN ! BUT THEY ARE SAYING IT WILL BE OPEN BY THE WEEK END BUT YOU KNOW HOW THAT GOES ! DOC SAYS HELLO WE ARE LEAVING NOW TO GO EAT SOMEWHERE BE BACK SHORTLY

Just got this from Porkchop they are at IR. Thanks for the info.

Enjoy and have a safe ride

Ride report?
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Trail Connector   Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:56 am

Now the rumor is they can't find or contact the landowner(s) for a small piece of land that the connector runs thru. So much for opening June 15th, yet another false HMT announcement. I just don't understand how they can jump the gun all the time with these announcement about new trails or connectors, when they haven't even contacted all the land owners. Question

Looks like it will take another 3 years to open the connector. Till then just keep on keeping on pirat
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: Trail Connector   Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 1:19 pm

I feel your pain Ruger, but because of this site I can say:

WHO NEEDS AN OFFICIAL CONNECTOR ANYWAY?

I searched for this fabled trail this past Saturday starting from the Tiny's Corner end. There's a ship of load ways through there and I think I found one that would make an almost straight across the haul road crossing heading toward Keystone. I was riding alone so I didn't go too far in.

The GPS track via Goggle Earth makes it look like a candidate though. These trails were behind gates that stood open. I'd never seen them open before. Easy green rating for the most part.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Trail Connector   Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 1:31 pm

Lee,
That's some good news.... the best I've heard in a while about the connector in a while anyway.

Ruger,
It was the same story 2 1/2 - 3 years ago..... the trails were there & ready (but needed maps and signs) and only (1) one landowner was the hold up was all they were waiting on.

Seems like now you don't hear anymore info about the "East Lynn Lake Trail System"
either that was once publized Question

Like most people I hear "venting" about the advertised extra trail miles...
they basically just can't come fast enough.

Ride, Baby, Ride... Let's here it for HMT and Wild & Wonderful West Virginia. cheers

Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

PostSubject: Re: Trail Connector   Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 1:51 pm

I dont see what the gain is for h/m to say we're gonna have the connector open by........ All it does is disappoint riders and cause distrust for the h/m office that seems more interested in getting press than actually coming thru with a project. This mythical connector has been "almost ready" for 2 years now and still its a no show. I saw Jeff Lusk on Fishers a while back talking about all the new trail systems coming online and none have materialized yet. Like I always say..until I see map and someone says they have actually rode it I take the H/M press releases with a grain of salt
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Trail Connector   Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 2:00 pm

G Bob wrote:
Like I always say..until I see map and someone says they have actually rode it I take the H/M press releases with a grain of salt

I hear that, but I'd like to take it step further and say until I actually ride the trail legally then I'll believe the "boy who cried wolf". (HMT)
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Trail Connector   Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 2:03 pm

They really just shoot themselves in the foot with all their "new trail" press releases. They could make it real simple. When they actually have the trail open, then announce it. Till then zip it.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Trail Connector   Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 4:14 pm

Lee wrote:
.....I searched for this fabled trail this past Saturday starting from the Tiny's Corner end.....
Really like reading your ride report, especially with the bear sighting... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: Trail Connector   Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 4:34 pm

That was a real artery flusher that was... Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_redface
Back to top Go down
slopoke

slopoke

PostSubject: Re: Trail Connector   Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 5:39 pm

If it were up to me... the new connector would go through the sterling drive inn parking lot on its way over. just saying Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_santa
Back to top Go down
sparky

sparky

PostSubject: Re: Trail Connector   Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 7:54 pm

They need to make the parking lot larger then, With a permanent spot for greg
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

PostSubject: Re: Trail Connector   Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:40 pm

Photobucket

Any Comments!
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Trail Connector   Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:20 pm

Just (1) question Exclamation

Is it open yet Question
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

PostSubject: Re: Trail Connector   Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:34 pm

wacker wrote:
Just (1) question Exclamation

Is it open yet Question

Smiley That's a good one!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Trail Connector   Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:43 pm

I just checked that map earlier today and it wasn't updated.
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Trail Connector   Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:45 pm

Better question would be, when do they plan on closing it back up due to land owner(s) logging or mining?
Back to top Go down
polarislover

polarislover

PostSubject: Re: Trail Connector   Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:54 pm

I like it better when everyone is not so negative...it isn't open and won't be until it is. I agree, it may or may not materialize. Let's try to stay a bit positive and hope for the best. I mean it's not the end of the world if it doesn't happen...it is still a pretty decent place to air out the ATV's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.livingoodlodging.com
polarislover

polarislover

PostSubject: Re: Trail Connector   Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 6:14 pm

...I mean they finally plugged the oil leak in the Gulf, didn't they? (but that wasn't H-M workers, was it? lol)
Back to top Go down
polarislover

polarislover

PostSubject: Re: Trail Connector   Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 6:21 pm

I was told once that the biggest hold up on trail expansion was paperwork (legalities) with land owners to allow usage of the property. The original paperwork to allow for the opening of the first of the systems took a cummulative "10 years!" (1989-1999). And midstream, someone can have a change of heart and not allow crossage of their property...then the entire effort can be scraped if there is no other way to connect the trails already completed. It would be a much easier task if H-M owned all the land and paperwork (lgalities) were greatly reduded, but alas, that is not the situation.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Trail Connector   Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:37 pm

polarislover wrote:
I like it better when everyone is not so negative...it isn't open and won't be until it is. I agree, it may or may not materialize. Let's try to stay a bit positive and hope for the best. I mean it's not the end of the world if it doesn't happen...it is still a pretty decent place to air out the ATV's.

PL... Whoa Nellie... Just poking a little fun... not really negativity as much as sarcasm!

G Bob wrote:
I dont see what the gain is for h/m to say we're gonna have the connector open by........ All it does is disappoint riders and cause distrust for the h/m office that seems more interested in getting press than actually coming thru with a project. This mythical connector has been "almost ready" for 2 years now and still its a no show. I saw Jeff Lusk on Fishers a while back talking about all the new trail systems coming online and none have materialized yet. Like I always say..until I see map and someone says they have actually rode it I take the H/M press releases with a grain of salt

Once again G-Bob says it best... why report, announce or say anything until it's a sure thing.

People from out of the area read these press releases sometimes and plan their vacations around scheduled trail openings... Case in point "QC Spring Ride '08" was purposely planned at Indian Ridge Trail system because this trail connector was supposed to be open even before then.

It was definitely good for the KOA campground business, but not for us that wanted to ride other systems and the new connector. We had to trailer and drive out of the campground to go to Pinnacle Creek and other systems. (In the Spring of '08, now over 2 years ago)

But, when it's open and operational it will bring two great systems together with "food" on both ends... Cool

Ride, Baby, Ride... Let's hear it for HMT and Wild & Wonderful West Virginia.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

PostSubject: Re: Trail Connector   Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:06 pm

PL, (we know that) you don't advertise something you don't have. That is one reason your business has thrived while others have failed. Since you brought up the positive news about BP (let's all hope and pray that news stays positive), I'll use one of their exec's quotes referring to the current leak-plug-attempt after so many set-backs: "It is better to under-promise and over-deliver". HM seems to have that backword at times. That really isn't being negative. It's just a reaction to their press releases. All we want, is a reason to come riding... Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
slopoke

slopoke

PostSubject: Re: Trail Connector   Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 4:28 am

The QC Indian Ridge ride was the weekend a few of us became "outlaws" and searched for our own connector.
That was a great day and one I will never forget!!!!
I enjoy the HM trails but the local trails are awesome too and a big part of my ride choices.

I too look forward to HM expanding but I wish for project completion before they send out a "tease" which is proving to be many times years in advance of reality.
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: Trail Connector   Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 10:35 am

Trail Connector - Page 2 July32010mod3a

Here is option A364C10.3, version 4. Based on the 'test map' above, a southerly route. I sure wish thay had included lat / long info on that little teaser...
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

PostSubject: Re: Trail Connector   Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:36 am

PL
Some people (maybe most) don’t know how to take me. I am what most people refer to as a smart A$$. But I have a deep deep appreciation for the wonderful state of West Virginia and it’s people. Without HM I never would have come to WV with my ATV and would have never met so many great people. What HM has done is unmatched anywhere. I will go so far as to say I may not own an ATV if I didn’t have WV to play in.

However they need someone in marketing to put a muzzle on!!! I run my own business and I don’t sell what I don’t have. And I know you would not ether.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trail Connector   Trail Connector - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trail Connector
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next