Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share
 

 GPS Tracks

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BobT

BobT

Posts : 100
Join date : 2011-03-01
Location : Jamestown, NC

GPS Tracks Empty
PostSubject: GPS Tracks   GPS Tracks Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 2:03 pm

As some of you may know I make and distribute for free Garmin maps of ATV Trails. I have made maps for Taylor Park, Co, Moab, and WV. My WV map includes the Outlaw Trails, Burning Rock, and Hatfield McCoy trails. About 80% of the tracks are ones that I are riding buddies have tracked. The other 20% come form fellow ATVers. I am going to publish a new map with a lot of the new Pocahontas trails included along with a bypass around Burning Rock to get from the Outlaws to Sophia for that fine Chinese Buffet.

If any of you have GPS tracks that you don't mind sharing I would love to have them so I can include them in the next map. I know some people consider their tracks proprietary and that is fine.

My email address is:

bobtitzer@gmail.com


You can download my WV map at the site below. This is version 2.0 and I am up to 2.3 but won't distribute for another couple of weeks.

WV ATV Map


Thanks,
Back to top Go down
http://www.triadtrailblazers.com
DJ750

DJ750

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 49

GPS Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPS Tracks   GPS Tracks Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 2:38 pm

Thank you BobT. I have used some of your maps and tracks in the past it's great that you share them.

THANK YOU!!!!!! GPS Tracks 597300


GPS Tracks 76324
Back to top Go down
Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

Posts : 614
Join date : 2010-08-26
Age : 65
Location : Eastpointe, MI

GPS Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPS Tracks   GPS Tracks Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 6:13 pm

I have shared my tracks with vvmapping.com in the past. I will start sending them to you as well.

Thanks for sharing your work.
Back to top Go down
slopoke

slopoke

Posts : 195
Join date : 2010-02-09
Location : Centerburg Ohio

GPS Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPS Tracks   GPS Tracks Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 8:59 pm

Bob, thanks for sharing your tracks. It is much appreciated by myself and lots of other folks. I would send you some but I have been lately using your maps to explore and havent had much new ones to speak of. But I will send you what I got.
Back to top Go down
BobT

BobT

Posts : 100
Join date : 2011-03-01
Location : Jamestown, NC

GPS Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPS Tracks   GPS Tracks Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 9:13 am

Slopoke, I got your tracks, thanks. You had about 80 miles that I didn't have. A few I had ridden but just didn't track at the time.

Did you go with Simoniz on your trip to KY and Matewan. I got almost the identical tracks from him. He is not as good with the GPS as you, I went to his house to get them off his GPS and load new maps on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.triadtrailblazers.com
Resq

Resq

Posts : 162
Join date : 2010-09-06
Age : 51
Location : Perry Co, Ohio

GPS Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPS Tracks   GPS Tracks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 4:27 pm

Bob, left you a pm,
Back to top Go down
BobT

BobT

Posts : 100
Join date : 2011-03-01
Location : Jamestown, NC

GPS Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPS Tracks   GPS Tracks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 5:58 pm

Gary, I PM you with directions where to get the Tutorial.

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
http://www.triadtrailblazers.com
Resq

Resq

Posts : 162
Join date : 2010-09-06
Age : 51
Location : Perry Co, Ohio

GPS Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPS Tracks   GPS Tracks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 6:21 pm

cheers cheers

Thanks for your help BobT!
Thankful for folks like yourself!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




GPS Tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPS Tracks   GPS Tracks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
GPS Tracks
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
QuadCrew Riders :: Riding Areas :: Favorite Trails-
Jump to: