QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Black Bear Ride" July 2nd & 3rd

Go down 
+8
Tequila
wacker
gump
Ruger
G Bob
Mr.Ed
scooter
suze
12 posters
AuthorMessage
suze

suze

"Black Bear Ride"  July 2nd & 3rd Empty
PostSubject: "Black Bear Ride" July 2nd & 3rd   "Black Bear Ride"  July 2nd & 3rd Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 9:15 pm

Well, Midget, Yampol, Tequila & I set out on an adventure this past weekend -----

We met up w/Yampol & Tequila Saturday morning, on our way to Snow Shoe. Started out the usual way, past Cowan's Gap State Park. Someone in the group, no names will be given, needed a pit stop at the park, so we pulled in. After leaving the park, we made our way down the road. About 1 mile or so down the road -- we saw an amazing, exciting site -- a black bear in the left lane. You should have been in our truck at that moment !!!! I started yelling & grabbing for the radio, but Midget beat me to it. He just started saying "bear on the left, bear on the left". Since we were in front, we slowed down and eventually stopped, only to see him disappear into the woods before I could get a photo. (There is a rumor that Tequila may have snapped a photo).

Also made the usual stop at "Toms", and this time there was a horse & buggy tied to the post. Had to grab a picture of that !!!

Made it to Snow Shoe without incident. Unloaded, and headed out around 9:45 or so. While unloading, a sherrif checked us all for our permits. (First time for everything, I guess.) Started down the rail trail to the other trail head, with a few stops and photo op's along the way.

About noon-ish, we decided to head to Coopers for lunch. I went in and asked for the menu, only to have the gentleman tell me that on that day, they only had burgers, fries and wings to eat, and water or beer to drink. Oh well....some in the group were happy for the drinks... Shocked

Made our way on some of the side trails...and put in about 53 miles or so before we loaded up around 5 pm.

Gassed up, then hit the road to Westport to ride the Whiskey Springs trail system on the 3rd. It took us about an hour to drive to Westport.

Once we arrived in Westport, we checked in at the Kettle Creek Inn along Route 120. Nice, little motel w/8 rooms and a restaurant. Had a good dinner that evening, sat outside and watched the fireworks right across the street !!! How lucky was that Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Went to breakfast at the motel the next morning around 8, picked up our "packed" lunch for the trail, then we got ready to roll. Didn't have to trailer, we could ride straight from the motel to the trail head, about 2 -3 miles up the road.

Hit the trail about 9:30. We let Yampol & Tequila lead, since they have been there one time before Shocked They gave Midget & I a map also, so we could track along.

Rode several trails before lunch. Found the playground and ran into several groups. Ended up at the campground for lunch. It wasn't too hot that day. A little dusty, but not the black coal dust.

After lunch, we hit the trail again. One area we rode through was solid fern.....you were just riding through a field of fern with a trail down the middle of it !! Yampol & Tequila were still leading, when all of the sudden we saw Tequila flapping her arms around and pointing....and over to the right was ANOTHER black bear

Shocked Man, I was nervous & excited all at the same time. This bear was smaller that the first one, but this one was standing up on his back legs. He stood there about 10-20 seconds or so before he ran off. All I could think of was that a bigger, possible Mama bear would be coming along on the left.....so I wanted to see the bear but I wanted to get the h**l out of there at the same time.

Rode till about 4 pm, and did about 50 miles that day also. It was a good time. The trails were tame, but Yampol did find two "testy" areas. I would definitely go back.

That night, back to the motel to clean up and eat at the restaurant. Then, more fireworks that night.

Midget & I took some pictures, so he posted a link below. Enjoy.

Oh -- and I have to mention (Sorry Tequila & Yampol), Midget realized he was the youngest person on this ride, and believe me, he let us know it several times. He being the youngest on a ride doesn't happen often.

https://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z268/suzeatv/?albumview=slideshow

Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: "Black Bear Ride" July 2nd & 3rd   "Black Bear Ride"  July 2nd & 3rd Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 10:36 pm

Nice pics, Suze. We did 85 miles there on Saturday. That's my red rzr in the pic at Cooper's.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed

PostSubject: Re: "Black Bear Ride" July 2nd & 3rd   "Black Bear Ride"  July 2nd & 3rd Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 7:59 am

Enjoyed the ride report and pictures.
Back to top Go down
suze

suze

PostSubject: Re: "Black Bear Ride" July 2nd & 3rd   "Black Bear Ride"  July 2nd & 3rd Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:15 am

Oh man Scooter, I wish we would have known that. You were sitting at the bar, right? Which one were you?
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: "Black Bear Ride" July 2nd & 3rd   "Black Bear Ride"  July 2nd & 3rd Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:45 am

Setting at the table in front of you, Dad handed you guys the ketchup. Never even gave it a thought.
Back to top Go down
suze

suze

PostSubject: Re: "Black Bear Ride" July 2nd & 3rd   "Black Bear Ride"  July 2nd & 3rd Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 10:42 am

Me either -- but I'm sure we will meet up again !!
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

PostSubject: Re: "Black Bear Ride" July 2nd & 3rd   "Black Bear Ride"  July 2nd & 3rd Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 11:37 am

Everyone needs to were a quadcrewrider t-shirt everywhere you go so you will recognize each other Smile Nice write up Suze. I got to see a sow and three cubs on Cold Knob Sunday. They looked like bowling balls going out thru the woods
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: "Black Bear Ride" July 2nd & 3rd   "Black Bear Ride"  July 2nd & 3rd Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 11:50 am

Nice write up Suze, getting pretty good at those ride reports. Would have been neat to get a picture of the bear, enjoyed the rest anyway.
Back to top Go down
gump

gump

PostSubject: Re: "Black Bear Ride" July 2nd & 3rd   "Black Bear Ride"  July 2nd & 3rd Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 12:02 pm

Nice i want to go to whiskey springs. Looks like i started a trend with the pa rzr crew with the cool light weight helmets. There nice to wear not as hot.
Back to top Go down
suze

suze

PostSubject: Re: "Black Bear Ride" July 2nd & 3rd   "Black Bear Ride"  July 2nd & 3rd Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 12:40 pm

Yeah, I didn't even think about the t-shirts --- scratch

And you are correct Gump -- those helmets are alot cooler !!
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: "Black Bear Ride" July 2nd & 3rd   "Black Bear Ride"  July 2nd & 3rd Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 1:23 pm

Oh Yeah... you're doing alright with these ride reports... Cool

Glad you all got out and about for some trail time. "Black Bear Ride"  July 2nd & 3rd 760955

"Black Bear Ride"  July 2nd & 3rd 597300 "Black Bear Ride"  July 2nd & 3rd 22298
Back to top Go down
Tequila

Tequila

PostSubject: Re: "Black Bear Ride" July 2nd & 3rd   "Black Bear Ride"  July 2nd & 3rd Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:46 pm

Thanks Suze and Midget for the fun weekend! Sorry Midget had to ride with us "old" fogies...maybe that explains the ups...oops gps issue.

We're ready to go again!

Yampol & Tequila

Back to top Go down
giddyupgirl

giddyupgirl

PostSubject: Re: "Black Bear Ride" July 2nd & 3rd   "Black Bear Ride"  July 2nd & 3rd Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 6:14 pm

Nice ride report.
Between everyone's bear sightings this year, we'll have to call it "black bear year." Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sportsman

Sportsman

PostSubject: Re: "Black Bear Ride" July 2nd & 3rd   "Black Bear Ride"  July 2nd & 3rd Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 6:48 pm

Nice pics and ride report. Glad you had a great time. I see you got plenty pics of the food. Laughing
Back to top Go down
giddyupgirl

giddyupgirl

PostSubject: Re: "Black Bear Ride" July 2nd & 3rd   "Black Bear Ride"  July 2nd & 3rd Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 10:12 pm

Great pics too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jim and Mary

Jim and Mary

PostSubject: Re: "Black Bear Ride" July 2nd & 3rd   "Black Bear Ride"  July 2nd & 3rd Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 10:26 pm

Gee Suze, you are getting so good with the ride reports Smile

Loved looking at all the pictures. Sounds like the four of you had a fun weekend.
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

PostSubject: Re: "Black Bear Ride" July 2nd & 3rd   "Black Bear Ride"  July 2nd & 3rd Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:42 am

Sounds Like "Black Bear Ride"  July 2nd & 3rd 87834

Nice report
Back to top Go down
Tequila

Tequila

PostSubject: Re: "Black Bear Ride" July 2nd & 3rd   "Black Bear Ride"  July 2nd & 3rd Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 8:09 pm

Here is were we rode on 07/03. Better late than never!!
"Black Bear Ride"  July 2nd & 3rd WhiskeySprings
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: "Black Bear Ride" July 2nd & 3rd   "Black Bear Ride"  July 2nd & 3rd Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 9:42 pm

"Black Bear Ride"  July 2nd & 3rd 29323
Back to top Go down
giddyupgirl

giddyupgirl

PostSubject: Re: "Black Bear Ride" July 2nd & 3rd   "Black Bear Ride"  July 2nd & 3rd Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:15 pm

Man Tequila. that looks nice!
You must have taken lessons from Gump and G-Bob.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Black Bear Ride" July 2nd & 3rd   "Black Bear Ride"  July 2nd & 3rd Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Black Bear Ride" July 2nd & 3rd
Page 1 of 1