QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Conditions at Rockhouse

Go down 
+6
DJ750
gump
wacker
Switchback Roller
giddyupgirl
predracr711
10 posters
AuthorMessage
predracr711

Conditions at Rockhouse Empty
PostSubject: Conditions at Rockhouse   Conditions at Rockhouse Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 7:58 am

Well, we are a go for what I have deemed my "vacation from reality". Just wondering how conditions were on the Rockhouse trails? It has been a couple years since I have been there.

Thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
giddyupgirl

giddyupgirl

PostSubject: Re: Conditions at Rockhouse   Conditions at Rockhouse Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:57 pm

T10 from the Man trailhead is significantly more worn and rutted since your last visit if it's been a couple years.
If I recall correctly, T 11 and maybe T16 were recently bulldozed and were smooth in April.
Have a good time. Smile
Back to top Go down
Switchback Roller

Switchback Roller

PostSubject: Re: Conditions at Rockhouse   Conditions at Rockhouse Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:21 pm

T10 S--ks
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Conditions at Rockhouse   Conditions at Rockhouse Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 7:38 am

T-31 is still FUN! (running from N - S)

~ dozen switchbacks up the mountain. Cool
Back to top Go down
gump

gump

PostSubject: Re: Conditions at Rockhouse   Conditions at Rockhouse Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:02 am

Conditions at rockhouse are well rocky!
Back to top Go down
predracr711

PostSubject: Re: Conditions at Rockhouse   Conditions at Rockhouse Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 7:37 am

Thanks for the info. A couple of the newbies (new to HM not to riding) are a little nervous but very excited. Hopefully the weather holds out
Back to top Go down
predracr711

PostSubject: Re: Conditions at Rockhouse   Conditions at Rockhouse Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 7:18 am

Well, we made it back in one piece and what a trip it was. Let me first start by saying that we stayed at Mcanna rentals in Gilbert. We could not have been happier. The place was gorgeous and VERY clean. Sherry was very friendly and accomodating. I think they are a somewhat new to the rental market but would highly recomend them. We had a great time on all the trails we rode. One of my favorites was 16 coming from Man to Gilbert. It was super fast with nice twistys on it. We also liked 40 (coming the same direction). Nice long hill climb we could blast up. Some of our least favorites were 50 heading into Man, and 10 was also no great shakes. We did not see a lot of other people on the trails but we did meet a nice family from Canada and had a chat with them at the auger holes on 11. We all said we could have used one more day, but that is just the incentive we need to go back as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

PostSubject: Re: Conditions at Rockhouse   Conditions at Rockhouse Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 8:31 am

Sounds like they are hooked! Thanks for sharing your ride report
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Conditions at Rockhouse   Conditions at Rockhouse Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 10:41 am

Conditions at Rockhouse 597300

Glad everyone had a good time.

Back to top Go down
Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed

PostSubject: Re: Conditions at Rockhouse   Conditions at Rockhouse Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 3:34 pm

Glad you had a safe trip
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: Conditions at Rockhouse   Conditions at Rockhouse Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 3:50 pm

Thanks so much predracr. That place is moving ever up on the list. I think you may have bumped it even more!
Back to top Go down
giddyupgirl

giddyupgirl

PostSubject: Re: Conditions at Rockhouse   Conditions at Rockhouse Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 5:47 pm

Glad that T16 was still in nice shape to throttle it! cheers
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

PostSubject: Re: Conditions at Rockhouse   Conditions at Rockhouse Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:29 pm

Glad to read that your trip was a good one. Thanks for sharing some current trail conditions, too.
Back to top Go down
giddyupgirl

giddyupgirl

PostSubject: Re: Conditions at Rockhouse   Conditions at Rockhouse Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:31 pm

Oh, don't forget about the T25/T45 loop.
It's nice both directions, clockwise or counterclockwise.
T 35 is nice and steep and rocky.
I prefer Man>Gilbert direction.
Nice views.
Back to top Go down
predracr711

PostSubject: Re: Conditions at Rockhouse   Conditions at Rockhouse Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 6:30 am

On a slightly different note, while we were there we were approached by a couple of local riders who offered to take us up to the "outlaw trails". Evidently we were very close. I dont know anything about these trails and was wondering what the deal with them was. Is it legal to ride there? Is it worth checking out next time?

thanks!
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

PostSubject: Re: Conditions at Rockhouse   Conditions at Rockhouse Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 8:37 am

Always worth checking out.

Legal?? I don't understand the question Conditions at Rockhouse 863336
Back to top Go down
slopoke

slopoke

PostSubject: Re: Conditions at Rockhouse   Conditions at Rockhouse Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 7:35 pm

predracr711 wrote:
On a slightly different note, while we were there we were approached by a couple of local riders who offered to take us up to the "outlaw trails". Evidently we were very close. I dont know anything about these trails and was wondering what the deal with them was. Is it legal to ride there? Is it worth checking out next time?

thanks!

There are many trails throughout WV and KY and other nearby states that are non organized and not marked or mapped trails. I believe you were very close to them. Actually you are surrounded by them, they are free but don't get caught by a HFM ranger exiting on/off of them or you could be fined.

A nice thing about HFM trails is the mapping and the trail markers as well as the support of the local community and lodging and food vendors etc.

"Is it worth checking out"......imo sure... for me it was when I started to feel I had ridden the same Rockhouse trails (10+ times) to where I needed a change of scenery for "some" future rides. A gps would help you out or someone who knows the area to guide you around. I would advise to have your atv in good running condition b/c depending where you are riding you may not find other riders to help you out if you are in a remote area. Always have spare gas and tools and a tire repair kit in case of emergency and don't ride alone.lol!

But even though I ride local trails... the Rockhouse trails especially will always be special to me for the trails, the views, and the great local people I have met over the years and in September I will be back again. I have long ago lost count of how many times I have been there, but it is not nearly as many as some on here.
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

PostSubject: Re: Conditions at Rockhouse   Conditions at Rockhouse Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 8:52 pm

Well said Slopoke

I man with much experience in all kind of riding
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Conditions at Rockhouse   Conditions at Rockhouse Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 8:53 pm

Very well said Slopoke... Cool

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conditions at Rockhouse   Conditions at Rockhouse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Conditions at Rockhouse
Page 1 of 1