Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Had To Make A Phone Call

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Prairie Pounder

PostSubject: Had To Make A Phone Call   Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:30 pm

To Betty Crocker. Yep. Very tired of the downsizing of package contents that is so popular now. If companies want to downsize their cereal box. That's fine. I can live with that. I can still fill my bowl. But to reduce the batch size of brownie mix. That's crossing the line. Sad

Yesterday a new neighbor moved next door to us. Wi-Fee made them a batch of brownies as a way of saying "welcome". The batch turned out "flat" for some reason. How could that be? AH HA! The dirty dogs shrunk the batch size. Wi-Fee compared another box of brownie mix she had in the cupboard with the one she had just used. Both boxes were, of course, the exact same dimensions but the contents had been reduced more than three ounces in the one she used. Quite a bit on such a small package to begin with.

After telling the BC rep the reason for my call, I told her that BC had become the "other" company. The "other" company they used to belittle on the front of their brownie mix package. The ones that make the thin brownies. After a moment of silence (insert criket noises here) ...she admitted there had been other calls, but that my observation was interesting and would be passed along. We will be receiving a coupon to get two boxes of brownie mix. That is what it (now) takes to make the original "thick" brownies without having to use a smaller pan. At least the story had a happy ending. I got a pan of thin brownies all to my self and another batch is on the way. Also, the BC rep was very nice and spoke crystal clear english. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
wacker

PostSubject: Re: Had To Make A Phone Call   Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:55 pm

lol!..................

You gotta stay on top of them...
They've already started making clothes smaller then the advertised sizes.
Oh... and don't forget ~ ice cream isn't really a half gallon anymore. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Had To Make A Phone Call   Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:57 pm

Dirty Crooks
Back to top Go down
DJ750

PostSubject: Re: Had To Make A Phone Call   Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:02 pm

Stay on them PP
Back to top Go down
Jim and Mary

PostSubject: Re: Had To Make A Phone Call   Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:30 pm

I can not believe your message because we just went thru this same experience on Saturday. Jim and I went to two different grocery stores looking for brownie mix for a 9x13 inch pan and we could only find 'plain' brownie mix for that size. The only size we found for the caramel/turtle, peanut butter or walnut were 8x8 or 9x9 so we had to go and buy two baking pans to accommodate the "new" size box of brownies. That was a bummer. Maybe we also need to make a phone call to the Betty Crocker rep and explain our disappointment in the change of sizes.
Back to top Go down
wacker

PostSubject: Re: Had To Make A Phone Call   Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:06 pm

There's a bunch of funny reviews/comments HERE.

Turn up the heat... lol!
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

PostSubject: Re: Had To Make A Phone Call   Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:37 pm

Nice link, wack daddy. Gee, no one seems to like the change. Rolling Eyes

Mary~~To BC's credit, printed on the lower left of the new content-reduced brownie box is "Makes 8x8 Pan". Wi-Fee showed me how much smaller that is when compared to the 9x13 pan she has used forever. Big difference. We've noticed it on several food items. It's especially frustrating when making a dish that takes several ingredients. The percentages of X, Y and Z gets out of balance, OR, you have to buy an extra portion of X to make the recipe come out right. Neutral
Back to top Go down
G Bob

PostSubject: Re: Had To Make A Phone Call   Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:40 pm

they are just trying to help us over weight americans lose weight by making smaller portions..without telling us of course Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
polarislover

PostSubject: Re: Had To Make A Phone Call   Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:54 pm

Prairie Pounder wrote:
To Betty Crocker. Yep. Very tired of the downsizing of package contents that is so popular now. If companies want to downsize their cereal box. That's fine. I can live with that. I can still fill my bowl. But to reduce the batch size of brownie mix. That's crossing the line. Sad

Yesterday a new neighbor moved next door to us. Wi-Fee made them a batch of brownies as a way of saying "welcome". The batch turned out "flat" for some reason. How could that be? AH HA! The dirty dogs shrunk the batch size. Wi-Fee compared another box of brownie mix she had in the cupboard with the one she had just used. Both boxes were, of course, the exact same dimensions but the contents had been reduced more than three ounces in the one she used. Quite a bit on such a small package to begin with.

After telling the BC rep the reason for my call, I told her that BC had become the "other" company. The "other" company they used to belittle on the front of their brownie mix package. The ones that make the thin brownies. After a moment of silence (insert criket noises here) ...she admitted there had been other calls, but that my observation was interesting and would be passed along. We will be receiving a coupon to get two boxes of brownie mix. That is what it (now) takes to make the original "thick" brownies without having to use a smaller pan. At least the story had a happy ending. I got a pan of thin brownies all to my self and another batch is on the way. Also, the BC rep was very nice and spoke crystal clear english. Very Happy

(I want to stay on the "good side" of this fella!!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.livingoodlodging.com
Grizz

PostSubject: Re: Had To Make A Phone Call   Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:10 pm

All pre-packaged food isn’t what it used to be, Cheese 1 lb now 12 oz, lunch meats 1 lb now 12 oz. Smaller more money. Most people never realize the smaller size, they just think the price was raised. This has been ongoing for years & most America people are to dumb & preoccupied to realize it.
Back to top Go down
wacker

PostSubject: Re: Had To Make A Phone Call   Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:52 pm

Grizz wrote:
All pre-packaged food isn’t what it used to be, Cheese 1 lb now 12 oz, lunch meats 1 lb now 12 oz. Smaller more money. Most people never realize the smaller size, they just think the price was raised. This has been ongoing for years & most America people are to dumb & preoccupied to realize it.
wacker wrote:
and don't forget ~ ice cream isn't really a half gallon anymore. Shocked
That's right Grizz. Wink
Back to top Go down
Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Had To Make A Phone Call   Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:05 pm

Grizz wrote:

I must have it good, my meat market still slices to order. They even put paper between the slices of cheese. And a pound is still a pound, no prepackaged junk for me.
Back to top Go down
Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Had To Make A Phone Call   Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:07 pm

Not all items are getting smaller in portion size. Some are getting LARGER

Back to top Go down
wacker

PostSubject: Re: Had To Make A Phone Call   Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:22 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Grizz

PostSubject: Re: Had To Make A Phone Call   Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:05 pm

I very rarely buy any meats at the super markets, what I was mainly referring to is the fact that most all grocery products are packaged smaller & cost more & most American People don’t realize this. Today I stop at Giant Eagle for a few things ($128) & noticed a lot of the frozen veggie’s are 10 & 12 oz. now & coffee 33oz & they were just raising the price tags on all coffee. I’m near the Ohio line & shop in Ohio a lot & can get Milk for about ½ price of Pa., this Pa. Milk Marketing Board keeps the price high. It’s all this greed of big business.
We have a Amish Cheese Factory five mi. from my house were we buy the best Cheese, especially the smoked cheese & a Custom Butcher Shop were my buddy is a butcher ( stuffed porkchops bounce ), also on the way to my Lake Erie trailer there are two smoke houses, you can smell the smoked bacon & meats from the highway, I always stop for the bacon & sausage. Also smoked hams at Thanksgiving & Christmas. I love smoked food, even if smoked is not supposed to be good for you, I guess that’s why I’m fat & happy. Very Happy
I never have to buy fish, we catch more walleye & Perch then we need, at Lake Erie, but I really think it would be cheaper to just buy them, with the cost of gas, insurance, boat maintenance & dockage fee’s, but what else would I do with my time being retired.

Ps. I bought a new pair of rubber?? Insulated 1000g Thinsulate 17 in. boots at Dunham’s Sports Store & got 10% off by being a veteran, also you can get a 10% discount with a Giant Eagle Advantage Card. Dunham’s is fairly new in this area & I was surprised about the discount

Home Depot also has a 10% discount for Veteran’s, I buy a lot on at Home Depot & save with the discount Smile

Last edited by Grizz on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:56 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Grizz

PostSubject: Re: Had To Make A Phone Call   Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:30 pm

Hey, I never tried a fish taco, sounds good, but everything sounds good.

The only reason i left the house today was for a DRs. appointment & the Dr's office was late opening because of all the ice & fog in this area. Finally opened at 10am. The Dr. said Lose Weight,

Planning on a ride at Timberline ATV Trail Head, ANF on Saturday 5th, with a club That I'm going to rejoin http://www.atvtraction.org/ the weather should be good 31 high 19 low
Back to top Go down
polarislover

PostSubject: Re: Had To Make A Phone Call   Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:15 am

For anyone staying in the Gilbert area, the Foodland Deli will cut meats to desired thickness...if you didn't already know.

Last edited by polarislover on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.livingoodlodging.com
Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Had To Make A Phone Call   Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:45 am

Grizz wrote:
I never have to buy fish, we catch more walleye & Perch then we need, at Lake Erie, but I really think it would be cheaper to just buy them, with the cost of gas, insurance, boat maintenance & dockage fee’s, but what else would I do with my time being retired.

More fun to catch them than just buy them ain't it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

PostSubject: Re: Had To Make A Phone Call   Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:47 pm

Grizz is right. It's no cost savings catching your own fish. Wouldn't want to figure up the (true) cost per pound for walleye fillets. Your own boat or chartering someone else's boat. Yikes! They do taste better when you've caught them yourself, however. If that's possible... Very Happy

We received enough coupons to buy 6 boxes of brownie mix. They came in the mail along with a letter..."Dear Ms. PP: Thank you... yada yada yada... If there's anything else we...yada yada yada." Signed by someone with a name that sounded anything but midwestern USA. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Neutral
Back to top Go down
wacker

PostSubject: Re: Had To Make A Phone Call   Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:51 pm

You mean it wasn't signed by...

Back to top Go down
G Bob

PostSubject: Re: Had To Make A Phone Call   Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:12 pm

Every time we serve striper here at the house, everyone always comments how good it is. I tell them it ought to be..I figure it costs at least $75.00 a pound Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
Prairie Pounder

PostSubject: Re: Had To Make A Phone Call   Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:12 am

G Bob, that would be funny if you were exaggerating. For me to go to Lake Erie and back involves seven hours of driving. Fuel, meals and my share of the charter, just to bring home a few pounds of fillets. But, I still love going up there.

Putting fish on the table seems like a bargain compared to the cost of an Elk or Moose trip. Whewwww weee! I've never done either, but I work with guys that have. BIG BUCKS! Alaska?? Don't ask. Laughing

WackDaddyO, Unless you have friends that work for IBM, I doubt you have ever heard of anyone with a name even close to the one on the letter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Had To Make A Phone Call   

Back to top Go down

Had To Make A Phone Call
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
QuadCrew Riders :: General Discussions :: Welcome to the Donut Shop-
Jump to: