QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wacker

wacker

Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010   Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 11:37 am

Copied from the HMT ~ March 2010 Newsletter email:

The Hatfield-McCoy Trail System is expanding again, with a new 20-mile section of trail at our Buffalo Mountain System scheduled to begin construction starting mid-March, 2010. Agreements are in place and the mapping completed for the new riding area. The new trail section is located in the Lick Creek area of Mingo County near Matewan, WV. The new trails are planned to be a mix of both multi-use and single track trails. When this new addition is completed, the Buffalo Mountain system will rival the Rockhouse trail system for the most overall trail mileage in the Hatfield-McCoy Trail network. Riders can anticipate this new trail addition being completed and open to the public in the next few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010   Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 12:01 pm

Ya, don't hold your breath, heard this promise before.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010   Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 12:38 pm

Ruger wrote:
Ya, don't hold your breath, heard this promise before.
Yes I know... Years have already come and gone since different announcements have been publicly made about other trails, connectors & additions, but when you actually say a few weeks about something I think more people may notice if it doesn't happen.

We can hope right? Smile

More trails at BM with three towns connected would make it that much nicer.

wacker wrote:
Copied from the HMT ~ March 2010 Newsletter email:

"Riders can anticipate this new trail addition being completed and open to the public in the next few weeks."
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010   Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:09 pm

That sounds good. Love that system. Adding a few more miles would allow for a multi-day trip. Does anyone remember the Millers Creek loop on BM? It wasn't open very long...Maybe one season. It was very nice riding. Very scenic, too.

There has been talk for many seasons about joining BM and Rockhouse. No doubt locals already know such a route. Hopefully HM will have a legal trail joining the two in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sportsman

Sportsman

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010   Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:29 pm

PP, I remember the Mller's loop at BM. I rode it 1 time about 3 weeks before it was closed. It was a good warm up trail before heading to Matewan.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010   Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:37 pm

Hi Sportsman. I'm trying to remember exactly where the Millers Creek trail joined the current day BM trail. Was it somewhat toward Delbarton?
Back to top Go down
Sportsman

Sportsman

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010   Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 11:10 pm

It was across the road from The trailhead, instead of turning right over the hill , you stayed to the left and went around the hill
Back to top Go down
Sportsman

Sportsman

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010   Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:08 am

PP I found some pics from my trip to BM and the Millers creek loop. I would have to scan them into the computer before I can send them.
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010   Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:59 am

I have found Miller's Creek on Mapsource and Sportsman's directions look correct.
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010   Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:01 pm

Looks like a mess of trails out that way too. Couple strip mines also. per Google's satellite map.
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010   Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 1:15 pm

The H&M website had the BM map dated March 2010. The only BM map I have is way outdated, June 2006. I see there is more trails added near Matewan, which was mentioned in the announcement.

I guess H&M finnaly made good on one of their promises of new trails. Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010 Affraid
Back to top Go down
Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010   Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 8:13 am

Millers Creek was nice loop. Got to ride it with a guide who took us clear down to 119 and rode a long tunnel under or along side ( don't remember which) 119, also remember a big table top rock somewhere on that side of the mountain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010   Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buffalo Mountain Makeover ~ HMT Newsletter March 2010
Page 1 of 1