Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeRegisterLog in

xentech hid light kit

Go down 
AuthorMessage
slopoke

slopoke

xentech hid light kit Empty
PostSubject: xentech hid light kit   xentech hid light kit Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 1:51 pm

I got this in the mail today. Wondering if anyone.... Farmer ...... has installed these?
Right now I am scratch on how to do the wiring and where-how to mount the boxes.

Any help or pics would be appreciated as there is not enough info in the kit on how to mount and install them.
Thanks
Mike
Back to top Go down
Dixiecop28

Dixiecop28

PostSubject: Re: xentech hid light kit   xentech hid light kit Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:42 pm

that is the set i had got and just put on. I mounted the ballast in the storage compartment under the hood. I can take some pictures of it when i get home from work but it wont be until 10pm tonight
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohiopuddlejumpers.com
DirtyDawg

DirtyDawg

PostSubject: Re: xentech hid light kit   xentech hid light kit Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:52 pm

Hey, It's me again HE HE.. I am gonna assume it is a plug n play system. So with that said, You should be able to take out the original headlight bulb and plug the HID light in,,, from the bulb run the wire to the ballast and plug it in... then run the wire from the ballast to the original headlight plug... Mine came with double sided sticky tape and I mounted the ballast to the bottom of the hood plastic but if you wanted to take your time you could mount them in the hood cargo compartment but you would probably have to drill a couple of holes for the wires and fill the hole back in with silicone... For the rest of the wire I just zip tied them to the frame and supports..

xentech hid light kit P1030911
xentech hid light kit P1030912
Back to top Go down
slopoke

slopoke

PostSubject: Re: xentech hid light kit   xentech hid light kit Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 6:47 pm

Thanks DixieCop28. DirtyDawg, and Wacker.
I put them in tonight and wow, what a difference.
I mounted the box on the perforated frame bracket just to the inside of the lights.
Where the new fitting clips onto the old fitting the light plugged into... the snap clips are on the wrong sides so I will have to tape them up and zip tie my wires snug.
I took it out for a 15 minute plow and Chin thought it was a car in the driveway. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: xentech hid light kit   xentech hid light kit Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 7:00 pm

xentech hid light kit 526216 ..... xentech hid light kit 810335
Back to top Go down
Dixiecop28

Dixiecop28

PostSubject: Re: xentech hid light kit   xentech hid light kit Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 7:40 pm

xentech hid light kit 669999
Back to top Go down
DirtyDawg

DirtyDawg

PostSubject: Re: xentech hid light kit   xentech hid light kit Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:08 pm

xentech hid light kit 600821 Now it's time for the Sound System xentech hid light kit 339301
Back to top Go down
Dixiecop28

Dixiecop28

PostSubject: Re: xentech hid light kit   xentech hid light kit Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:20 pm

i was looking at sound systems and really like the SSV one but $450 ouch.
Back to top Go down
DirtyDawg

DirtyDawg

PostSubject: Re: xentech hid light kit   xentech hid light kit Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:54 am

Yepper... I looked at the SSV which I liked very much but I decided to go with J Strong roof only because the stereo and speaker was intergrated with the roof... still expensive xentech hid light kit 534226 $750 SMACKERS, but I am not dissappointed..
xentech hid light kit P1030815
Back to top Go down
Farmer

Farmer

PostSubject: Re: xentech hid light kit   xentech hid light kit Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Sorry Mike hadn't been on here for awhile glad the others got you fixed up. You can always call, just been busy with the new job. I knew you would love them. Have fun in the snow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: xentech hid light kit   xentech hid light kit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

xentech hid light kit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
QuadCrew Riders :: Machines in the Garage :: Side x Side-
Jump to: