QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'll never buy another Polaris

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Grizz

Grizz

I'll never buy another Polaris Empty
PostSubject: I'll never buy another Polaris   I'll never buy another Polaris Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 9:41 pm

My 2014 RZR 900 EPS LE
Safety Recall Notice, some 2013-2016 RZR vehicles
April 21, 2016
Replace Voltage Regulator, overheating, may pose fire hazard. Do not operate your vehicle
I have been at War with Polaris Minnesota Factory & Dealer, who claims no parts are available, I’m on the list since April 2016. I have a Case No. at Polaris Minnesota , talked to a Polaris Rep. Minnesota, who claim the Dealers are independently owned and operated. Dealer said they will call when they get part “Z-16-01-C Voltage Regulator” Polaris Minnesota  said hundreds & hundreds need replaced.

Just checked with local Dealer this week, I'm on the list, another month or so till part available, said parts come in very slow.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

PostSubject: Re: I'll never buy another Polaris   I'll never buy another Polaris Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 12:33 pm

My dealer had the same trouble getting parts. It took close to two months to get mine repaired. Our dealer is upset with Polaris also. The do-not-drive-recall came out before the parts were available. Then, there was a problem with the wiring harness on the replacement parts. That only made customers more upset. Poorly handled it would seem. Our dealer was very honest about parts availability. Initially, I was in no hurry to have mine repaired. I had no riding plans. When a July 4th ride presented itself, they got me in their schedule with the parts they had. That's more than I could have asked for. Sorry you are having a different experience, Grizz. Best Wishes To You Getting Your Machine Fixed!
Back to top Go down
Grizz

Grizz

PostSubject: Re: I'll never buy another Polaris   I'll never buy another Polaris Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 9:54 pm

Thanks Prairie Pounder, it sure is upsetting no being able to ride the RZR. I wanted to ride
Susquehannock State Forest, Potter County - 43 miles of summer trail,another Club I belong to is having a ride here August 12-14, I guess I'll take my old trusty Honda Rubicon. This is 14 mi. from my cabin. The trails are really haul roads, but at least you get to ride, hope the dust isn't going to be too bad.
After all this trouble I wish I wouldn't of bought a Polaris RZR, I should of look at the Honda Pioneer 1000, I always had good luck with Honda
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

PostSubject: Re: I'll never buy another Polaris   I'll never buy another Polaris Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 12:33 pm

I'm with you on the Honda 1000. I did my absolute best to like that machine. Great engine. Likely to be very dependable. For trail riding though, I just couldn't see it. Limited suspension and a bench seat. Our dealer sells both Honda and Polaris. Even < they > told us, for what we wanted from a SXS, a RZR was easily the right choice. You should have heard my buds when our RZR, with 25 miles on it, had a do not drive recall. I heard every PoPo joke ever told by my Can Am and Yamaha buddies.  Laughing After getting it fixed we went to HMT with Sportsman and Mr Ed. That weekend we put on 200 miles. Wi-Fee and I really enjoyed ourselves. The only thing I would ask for, is that it be a little quieter. The engine revs pretty high.

As a side note, the connector trail between Rockhouse and Buffalo Mountain is really nice. There is plenty of fun switchbacks (think T31) to enjoy. From Gilbert to Williamson would be quite the ride. The problem would be getting < back > to Gilbert the same day. Not sure it would be possible. And still be fun. It would be well over 150 miles. That's a lot of trail for one day. If they were wide open Utah style trails, sure. Not mountain trails. We enjoyed our riding time and kicked around the idea of lodging on both ends the next time down.

Grizz, call your dealer and Sweet Talk Em! Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
Grizz

Grizz

PostSubject: Re: I'll never buy another Polaris   I'll never buy another Polaris Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 3:17 pm

Just talked to Polaris Minnesota, they are shipping the part to Dealers as soon as they receive them. Probably from China. My dealer says his hands are tied, he doesn't have any parts " “Z-16-01-C Voltage Regulator” may be another month or so. Bye Bye Summer!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Grizz

Grizz

PostSubject: Re: I'll never buy another Polaris   I'll never buy another Polaris Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 11:32 am

I'll never buy another Polaris Polaris%2BATV%2527s%2BBreak%2BDown
Back to top Go down
Punisher

Punisher

PostSubject: Re: I'll never buy another Polaris   I'll never buy another Polaris Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 7:47 pm

There are several different part numbers for the voltage regulators for 570 and 900 RZR and 2 distinct designs .
The 570 single cylinder and 900 twin cylinder Prostar motors are very similar and share parts.
The aluminum housing cooling fin style regulators like my 570 and some 900's cake with mud in the cooling fins and overheat eventually failing . They can also apparently get so hot they may short inside and catch fire.
The difference in part numbers for essentially the same regulator is the length of the harness I believe .
My 2012 570 RZR has this style regulator . So do a lot of the 900's .it had a very long harness.
It failed this past spring . I relocated the replacement one between my seats inside the cab instead of underneath in front of the LR tire where it was constantly caked in mud.
Cool air constantly flows through clean cooling fins
I would relocate your regulator and just ride it untill your replacement comes in .
It requires a bit of modifying to the plastic but is well worth it .

I'll never buy another Polaris AD92D989-8979-4E44-B56B-AB5DDEB6DF0B_zpsdr2ffrh4
I'll never buy another Polaris D84EF1F3-4938-42BD-928E-B4D4251DE0D3_zpsucat7ctr
Back to top Go down
Grizz

Grizz

PostSubject: Re: I'll never buy another Polaris   I'll never buy another Polaris Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 6:54 pm

Thanks for the reply Punisher, That is a very good idea to relocate the Reg. I never looked at were it was located, but I will sure be moving it now that I know of a potential problem. I will bring this to the attention of my dealer & if he doesn't want to relocate the new regulator I will.
You would think these Polaris engineers & designers would be aware of this problem.

Thanks again, Grizz
Back to top Go down
flipper

flipper

PostSubject: Re: I'll never buy another Polaris   I'll never buy another Polaris Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 12:46 pm

Punisher, does that VR get hot enough to burn your skin if you accidently touch it? I can see someone, (not me) accidently rubbing HER arm on it.
Back to top Go down
Punisher

Punisher

PostSubject: Re: I'll never buy another Polaris   I'll never buy another Polaris Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 1:45 pm

No it doesn't get that hot
Back to top Go down
flipper

flipper

PostSubject: Re: I'll never buy another Polaris   I'll never buy another Polaris Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 11:25 am

I think that will be a winter project.
Back to top Go down
Punisher

Punisher

PostSubject: Re: I'll never buy another Polaris   I'll never buy another Polaris Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 12:07 pm

Here is another view showing where I cut/notched the removable plastic cover behind the seats

I'll never buy another Polaris AC338715-7373-4B1B-9C4C-1EEC4EB952BF_zps3db9olkp
Back to top Go down
Grizz

Grizz

PostSubject: Re: I'll never buy another Polaris   I'll never buy another Polaris Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 3:18 pm

Finally I received the call, took my RZR in this morning for the Safety Recall Notice, replacement Voltage Regulator. Done in about 40 minutes they even unloaded & loaded my RZR, all ratchet strapped down & ready to go. Really had good service this time.
A long wait, April 21 till today Sept. 7
Back to top Go down
flipper

flipper

PostSubject: Re: I'll never buy another Polaris   I'll never buy another Polaris Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 7:32 pm

Relocated my VR today. Figured I'd better since we're heading down to Bramwell next month. No worries in Utah with getting it caked in mud but West Virginia is a different story. Bolted mine to the oil dip stick cover. If I need to replace it on the trail, should be a snap.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: I'll never buy another Polaris   I'll never buy another Polaris Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2016 11:23 am

*** FYI ***

I'll never buy another Polaris D000000004
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'll never buy another Polaris   I'll never buy another Polaris Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'll never buy another Polaris
Page 1 of 1