Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ivy Branch and Little Coal Closing October 19 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lee

PostSubject: Ivy Branch and Little Coal Closing October 19 2015   Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:55 am

Trails in Boone, Lincoln counties to close, Hatfield McCoys Trails official says

Little Coal River Trail System in Boone County and Ivy Branch Trail System in Lincoln County will be closing down effective Monday, Oct. 19, 2015, according to officials with The Hatfield McCoy Trails.

“The authority received notice from the landowners that it would be necessary to close these two trail systems due to changing ownership of the property and its future uses,” said Jeffrey Lusk, executive director of Hatfield McCoy Trails in a press release.

All other trail systems and the remaining 500 miles of trail will be open to riders with no changes, he said.

“We appreciate the landwwners for allowing us ta use their property for the past twelve years,” Lusk said. “They have been very good partners with the trails as have all the 96 coal, timber, natural gas and land holding companies that allow the Hatfield McCoy Trails to use their property.”

Lusk said The Hatfield McCoy Trails hopes to find similar property in these areas to open new trail systems in the near future.

No other details regarding the closure of the two trail systems was released. The Ivy Branch location was one of the newest for trial system.

The Hatfield McCoy Trail System is a statutory corporation created by the West Virginia Legislature to generate economic development through tourism in nine southern West Virginia counties.

As of 2013, the Hatfield McCoy Trail System covered more than 700 miles of off-road trails in seven of its nine project counties. All of the trail systems are open 365 days a year to ATVs, dirt bikes, and utility vehicles (UTVs). Many of the trail systems also offer community connecting trails that allow visitors to access “ATV-friendly towns” to experience the charm of southern West Virginia.

The eight Hatfield~McCoy trail systems are Rockhouse, Buffalo Mountain, Bearwallow, Indian Ridge, Little Coal, Pocahontas, Pinnacle Creek, and Ivy Branch. Now, Little Coal and Ivy Branch will be closed.

http://coalvalleynews.com/news/870/trails-in-boone-lincoln-counties-to-close-hatfield-mccoys-trails-official-says
Back to top Go down
Tequila

PostSubject: Re: Ivy Branch and Little Coal Closing October 19 2015   Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:03 pm

Wow!   Thanks for the info....we've been talking about going there soon.  
We feel really bad for the lodging owners around there,  good people.... Yampol & I have stayed in that area numerous times. Our closest HMT trails Sad
Back to top Go down
Mr.Ed

PostSubject: Re: Ivy Branch and Little Coal Closing October 19 2015   Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:35 am

Looks like I will have to drive a little further. They were only 2.5 hr. from me down and back in a day.

What about the two new buildings, look at all the $$ lost.
Back to top Go down
wacker

PostSubject: Re: Ivy Branch and Little Coal Closing October 19 2015   Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:36 am

I'm hoping it's not permanent Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sportsman

PostSubject: Re: Ivy Branch and Little Coal Closing October 19 2015   Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:23 pm

Got in one last ride on Ivy Branch Sat. I have never seen that many sxs, atv's and Jeeps in that lot before. Everyone must have wanted to get in one last ride.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Ed

PostSubject: Re: Ivy Branch and Little Coal Closing October 19 2015   Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:58 pm

Jeff you call them things we saw Jeeps? Smile And yes there was some real Jeeps.

It was a good day for a ride. I'm like Wacker sure hope they can get a new lease in place soon.
Back to top Go down
sullyjim

PostSubject: Re: Ivy Branch and Little Coal Closing October 19 2015   Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:02 am

Some of the later press releases stated the first thing Hatfield-McCoy was going to do was try and get a lease from the new owners of the land. Failing that, the next thing was to try and lease new land in the area and open new trails there.
Me, my wife, my son, and daughter-in-law rode these 2 systems for the first time about 6 weeks ago. I am glad we took that opportunity when we had the chance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ivy Branch and Little Coal Closing October 19 2015   

Back to top Go down

Ivy Branch and Little Coal Closing October 19 2015
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
QuadCrew Riders :: Riding Areas :: Wild & Wonderful West Virginia-
Jump to: