QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Winch Location

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sullyjim

sullyjim

Winch Location Empty
PostSubject: Winch Location   Winch Location Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 6:47 am

I started working on my '08 Rancher, doing a little repair and restoration during these cold winter months. I replaced my tired old winch with a new one, but I also relocated it to the top of the front rack. I got tired of reaching down and fishing for it in the mud whenever I needed it. Now I wonder if that was really a good idea. Has anybody else tried this, and what were the results? Did the rack stand up to the pressure? I really like keeping it out of the mud (somewhat) and it works great there with my little snow blade. Anybody with any experience with this, or comments about it, please feel free to reply.  Thanks!   sullyjim
Back to top Go down
Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed

Winch Location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winch Location   Winch Location Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 6:55 am

How about a picture

My guess light work ok, but if you are really pulling I don't see the rack taking it

Just my two cents worth Smile
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Winch Location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winch Location   Winch Location Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 7:45 am

There's usually a weight rating 'sticker' on the rack somewhere
maybe or a weight capacity listing in the owners manual specs.

I wouldn't want to pull the entire quad by just the rack alone...
Back to top Go down
sullyjim

sullyjim

Winch Location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winch Location   Winch Location Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 11:33 am

Winch Location Img-0973Yeah, you guys are probably right. My thinking was the winch was only fastened to the drop down bars originally, which is really part of the rack. I am trying to send some pictures so you can see exactly what I did. (drilled 4 holes in rack and mounted the winch with angle iron) Take a look, and let me know. I will go with your recommendations. I will probably still leave it there for the snow blade, and move it back down in the spring. Oh well, either stay out of the mud, (hah) or fish for it. Thanks.
Attachments
Winch Location AttachmentIMG_0973 (640x480).jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(218 Kb) Downloaded 13 times
Winch Location AttachmentIMG_0974 (640x480).jpg
(214 Kb) Downloaded 9 times
Winch Location AttachmentIMG_0975 (640x480).jpg
(259 Kb) Downloaded 8 times
Winch Location AttachmentIMG_0976 (640x480).jpg
(257 Kb) Downloaded 9 times
Back to top Go down
Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed

Winch Location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winch Location   Winch Location Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 3:50 pm

Well it sure will not be in the mud, looks good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Winch Location Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winch Location   Winch Location Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winch Location
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
QuadCrew Riders :: Machines in the Garage :: Tires, Wheels, Maintenance or Repairs-
Jump to: