Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

April Antics 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lee

PostSubject: April Antics 2014   Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:05 am

Chris from GA and Andrew from Tampa joined me and Throttleboss in Crumpler for 2.5 days of riding. It snowed the night before our arrival but we didn't see any out of the shade. Before dark there was none at all left.

This was a first time for both of them. We rented a Rhino from Jakes and picked it up at Willy's. We wanted ATV's but Jake doesn't offer them anymore, and money of the non refundable variety had exchanged banks before we learned of wvatvrentals over by Hill Top. I'll fess up to having concerns that a 450 Rhino was going to get it done. My concerns rapidly faded as the Rhino did a great job. I was the lone quad. The Blue One.

With just a few exceptions like Willy's to 13 to 80, and a brief stint on the connector, we stayed of Hatfield and stopped frequently for any number of reasons. We acted just like tourist! Very Happy

It wasn't until the ride clock showed 4 hrs remaining on the last day that things got a bit more intense. After a run through Wet & Muddy Mike's Choice and then lunch at the Spillway, we thought it would be cool to go down on the creeks and watch it happen. By then, the trails had right much activity in that direction. We went to the BAD SPOT and since no one else was messing in it much we continued toward Tiny's. Then we became 'those people' that we had intended to watch.

After the very next crossing we experienced our first problem.

As I was running toward them from one direction and Throttleboss from another, I could hear the we are OK's coming from both of them. 270 degree rotation. We had to give it the last 90 manually. After righting the Rhino (SXS on the Side anyone?) we watched slack jawed as the next group by didn't take the detour that rolled the UTV. We went back that way!!

Fast forward about 1 mile.

The GrizzLee couldn't do squat with it. Throttleboss's boss machine is heavy!! Enter Rhino stage left. It was a terrific winch anchor point.

I am happy to say no one was injured and no machines went down (I mean mechanically). We had a great time!
Back to top Go down
wacker

PostSubject: Re: April Antics 2014   Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:58 am

Looks like a great time  Exclamation 

Thanks for the pictures.  Cool 
Back to top Go down
Mr.Ed

PostSubject: Re: April Antics 2014   Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:43 pm

Great pic., looks like it was an interesting ride, as usual nice ride report
Back to top Go down
Lee

PostSubject: Re: April Antics 2014   Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:06 am

Thanks.

Interesting Ride. A good choice of words Mr Ed. The weather nice. A bit dusty but not really cold. I think the winter gear is going into storage for a while. I drove that big thing Throttleboss has for a few miles coming back from Welch. OK. I get it. Man was it comfortable. The ride was unbelievable. It was my first time really riding a SXS for any period of time on a trail. I did not enjoy backing it down a hill to go around a tree fall though. Surprised

Underdog didn't show a the Corner but TB named this one, here-after know as Timmy (Tina, Tiny's, etc).

Jerry's was beginning to hop about 6.30 Friday.

My Wife pointed out how fortunate it was that we were unable to get ATV's. Looking back, I do beleive she is right.

Lastly, a BIG THANKS to Throttleboss for having our back.
Back to top Go down
Lee

PostSubject: Re: April Antics 2014   Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:47 pm

Tracks. Locations are approximate...

Thursday

Friday
Back to top Go down
Ruger

PostSubject: Re: April Antics 2014   Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:17 am

Good stuff Lee

Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

PostSubject: Re: April Antics 2014   Sat May 03, 2014 2:11 am

Very good post, Lee. Althooooogh, I did miss seeing your Hula Girl. Maybe I should look again. I hope she didn't leave you....
Back to top Go down
Lee

PostSubject: Re: April Antics 2014   Sat May 03, 2014 8:38 am

There was only one photo of Little Miss Hula Hussie that trip. The wife of Chris from GA is the one that gave her to me. She is stoked about MayHem though. At least she looks stoked. Or cold...
Back to top Go down
giddyupgirl

PostSubject: Re: April Antics 2014   Wed May 28, 2014 9:50 pm

Good ride report and pics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April Antics 2014   

Back to top Go down

April Antics 2014
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum