QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE

Go down 
+5
GeerHead
Yampol
Timmi
midget
wacker
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wacker

wacker

NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE Empty
PostSubject: NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE   NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 1:35 pm

Interesting... reminds me of the early 80's Honda Odyssey's  NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE 643753 

NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE ImageProxy.mvc?bicild=&canary=hZP6i0PglIzd26B%2bdrfKRFEk6Zkn2d0p2qVeD%2bU35GI%3d0&url=http%3a%2f%2fcdn.polarisindustries.com%2fEMAIL%2forv%2fmy14%2fprimary%2forv_primary_2014_sportsman_ace_intro
Back to top Go down
midget

midget

PostSubject: Re: NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE   NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 6:26 pm

Not bad.
The price looks good compared to the 4x4 ATV market.
Back to top Go down
Timmi

PostSubject: Re: NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE   NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 10:00 pm

that will be very popular for people who don't like riding an atv
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ttimmii/
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE   NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:52 pm

A quote from ATVmag.com

~~~

Polaris claims the Sportsman ACE has received its highest consumer testing response out of any vehicle it's ever introduced – including the RZR. We hear so many comments about how the industry needs to offer more affordable offroad vehicles and at $7,499 US we think the Sportsman ACE could be another homerun.
Back to top Go down
Yampol

Yampol

PostSubject: Re: NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE   NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 3:43 pm

Looks good. I want one! Something new for the aftermarket guys to play with. Can't wait to see what they come up with.

Yampol
 NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE 760955
Back to top Go down
GeerHead

GeerHead

PostSubject: Re: NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE   NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 7:14 am

I miss my rzr.  I have a request for quote into the local dealer.  I like the looks of it, and the price seems right.
edit: pulled the trigger and put down a deposit.  We'll see Smile
update 2/26/14: It's on the way. It won't be long now! So excited, just like a kid.  NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE 643753 

Last edited by GeerHead on Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
giddyupgirl

giddyupgirl

PostSubject: Re: NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE   NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 7:05 pm

cheers Cool.
Back to top Go down
Timmi

PostSubject: Re: NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE   NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 7:25 pm

awesome! can't wait to hear about it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ttimmii/
midget

midget

PostSubject: Re: NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE   NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 5:59 am

GeerHead wrote:
I miss my rzr.  I have a request for quote into the local dealer.  I like the looks of it, and the price seems right.
edit: pulled the trigger and put down a deposit.  We'll see Smile

Glad to see you getting back into riding.
I am wanting to se one in person.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE   NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 2:55 pm

Seen IT ! Got in IT ! Liked IT ! Very Roomy !

If they did their homework - should be popular.

NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE 643753 
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE   NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 2:58 pm

What? You didn't have your camera with you? You bouncer... Laughing 
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE   NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 3:06 pm

I guess it didn't happen then...  Laughing 

No, it was lunch time so that might have thrown me off a little.  Cool 
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE   NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 3:25 pm

wacker wrote:

it was lunch time Cool 

No further explaination required. I completely understand.
Back to top Go down
GeerHead

GeerHead

PostSubject: Re: NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE   NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 7:52 pm

Ace is home.  Yeah!  It's about time.

NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE MyAce

It's dirty already.  Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed

PostSubject: Re: NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE   NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 6:54 am

Nice, strange looking thing though
Back to top Go down
GeerHead

GeerHead

PostSubject: Re: NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE   NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 7:06 am

It's kind of like, a Rzr and a quad had a baby.  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed

PostSubject: Re: NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE   NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 7:57 am

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Yampol

Yampol

PostSubject: Re: NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE   NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 8:01 am

Looks good! Big Horns and doors and away you go!

YAMPOL
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE   NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 1:29 pm

Looks good, when we breaking it in?
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE   NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 3:13 pm

GeerHead wrote:
Ace is home.  Yeah!  It's about time. 

Congratulations GH!! You're the first in the neighborhood to have one. Send us reviews daily!!
Back to top Go down
GeerHead

GeerHead

PostSubject: Re: NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE   NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 3:52 pm

Ace first ride review.
This thing is just like a mini Rzr.  The controls, switches, gauges are pretty much the same.  Seat adjustment is generous and easier to use than the Rzr.  The steering wheel adjustment doesn't go quite as high as the rzr did.  Not a problem for me but some larger persons may have to wiggle under it. The door nets are much better designed and usable than the rzr's were.  Probably end up with doors, but that's another day.
Took it up to Michaux late Friday afternoon.  Just had to ride a little before it got dark.  There's still a lot of snow up here.  There was no one in the parking lot, so I got it off the truck and got in for the first go.  Stepped on the throttle.  Well, I'll have to be honest, at first, I was unimpressed. (Don't worry, it gets better)  Now, I was trying to take it easy, break in and all.  The owners manual gives dire warnings about proper break in, although vague imo.  I drove the main trail down from Big Flat and up the other side just taking it easy and came back.  The engine seems to be high reving. When I got it above 6k rpm it had pretty good power.  I didn't want to push it first time out and it was getting dark so I put it back in the truck and put it to bed for the evening.  I'll go back out on Saturday for a more extended ride.
Back to top Go down
GeerHead

GeerHead

PostSubject: Re: NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE   NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 7:54 pm

Ace Saturday ride
The sun is out, looks like it's going to be a nice day.  Loaded up the Ace after installing the EMP roof the night before.  I headed out to the opposite end of Michaux at the Pine Grove Furnace parking lot.  There was only one other vehicle there when I arrived.  I unloaded the Ace and donned my safety gear.  I headed down the winter road (that's what I call it) that connects one end to the other.  I took it easy again not wanted to push it during the first three hours (according to the manual).  There was still plenty of snow on the road with clearly defined tire ruts.  The Ace seems to like to follow these grooves religiously even if I didn't want to.  I was already bored with the wide straight road, so at the opposite end I headed east into the woods down what I knew was a tight trail.  I put the trans in low for a little rock climbing.  The Ace is nimble and its 48" width and short wheel base is welcome on this tight trail.  It seems geared lower than the Rzr and it wasn't as necessary to drop down into low as often on slower trail sections.  After a couple hours of riding, things seem to be loosening up a little, the suspension and engine seem more responsive.  I exited that section of trail and headed west and down the other side of the mountain.  It's getting warm out now and I have too many clothes on.  The snow is melting more and it's mushy and wet.  I traveled down a nice slightly steep section and was pleased with the engine braking which seems more pronounced than in the Rzr.  I wanted to test the climbing ability so I turned around and went back up the way I came.  Climbing even in the slushy snow was very good with no trouble heading back up the trail.  The engine is seemingly more responsive now, loosening up a bit.  I'm getting hungry so I head back to the parking lot for a snack.
There are a lot more vehicles in the parking lot now with people standing around.  I seem to capture the attention of a older couple on Rzr's who come over to look at the strange new beast.
After some conversation and a snack, I head back out down the trail toward the bottom.  I don't think I've been on this section of trail.  I know I never could have negotiated this tight narrow section with the Rzr-s.  I even manage to side swipe a couple of trees in the Ace giving it it's first battle scars.  I make it to the other end and decide to come back the winter road.  I realize that the hour meter now says 3.3 hours passing the critical 3hr time period noted in the manual.  Although not yet at the 25hr break in point, but having past the first critical 3hrs, I decide to give it a couple short bursts just to see where the throttle stop is.  WOOHA!.  Hey, this thing does have some get up and go.  The deal is, most of the "go" is at the last little bit of throttle position.  You need to really rev the thing to open it up.  I quickly calmed myself and dropped back into break in mode, satisfied that I wasn't going to be disappointed by a lack of power.  I realized I was getting tired and headed back to the parking lot and called it a day.   NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE 643753
Back to top Go down
Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed

PostSubject: Re: NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE   NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 8:07 am

NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE 33947 
Sure was a good day to get out and do what ever
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

PostSubject: Re: NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE   NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 8:51 am

Thank you very much! Sounds like things are off to a great start.
Back to top Go down
Yampol

Yampol

PostSubject: Re: NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE   NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 9:47 am

Geerhead, were you at Michaux on Saturday? That was Midget and I parked next to you. Never did see you though. We were riding the roads on dual sports (the ones we could). Still too much snow and ice. Would have liked to see the ACE.

Yampol

NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE 760955
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE   NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW Polaris Sportsman ACE
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next