QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Grizzly Rider

Go down 
+6
Timmi
Ruger
scooter
G Bob
wacker
Lee
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lee

Lee

New Grizzly Rider Empty
PostSubject: New Grizzly Rider   New Grizzly Rider Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 8:25 am

Good morning!! I gotta tell ya, it's a long frigging way to Romney WV, but it was well worth the trip. It's only the second time I've been to WV in October. The leaves were getting it on.

I was early of course.

New Grizzly Rider AtRomney_zps19bd3774

I rode it about 1/2 of a 1/10 of a mile around the parking lot in the rain. That power steering is unreal. It was my 'first time' and it really felt like the Brute did with the front tires off the floor on a jack. Surprising light. I do think that could bite me if I loose focus and input like I did with the Kawie.

It does fit with the tailgate up. I was able to use 3 straps instead of the customary 5. Things are already getting easier.

New Grizzly Rider InTruck_zps7c037f37

This is going to take some getting used to. Something about those lights makes it look like it's brow frowning at me. I brow frowned back...

New Grizzly Rider ChasedbyaGriz_zps0ad9e805

Then it was here.

New Grizzly Rider Home_zps43ef4b9c

When it arrives in WV, it's going to look something like this.

New Grizzly Rider Mockup_zpsfb5ab1c3

That bunch of kids at Romney are good people. Youth and exuberance for all!! Thanks for telling me about them Greg.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

New Grizzly Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Grizzly Rider   New Grizzly Rider Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 9:36 am

Lee wrote:

That bunch of kids at Romney are good people.  Youth and exuberance for all!!  Thanks for telling me about them Greg.

No problem...

I hate seeing people spend more money then needed Exclamation 

Great pictures of the 'New Blue' New Grizzly Rider 29323

New Grizzly Rider 214688 
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

New Grizzly Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Grizzly Rider   New Grizzly Rider Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 10:18 am

and to add to the other advantages of the Grizzly. Even though it is smaller than the brute, due to the way the racks work out I'm able to haul more stuff on my Grizz that I did on the brute. Now if I could just get back in the riding mood Sad

Looking good though. And trust me ...after about 5 miles you wont even notice the power steering
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
scooter

scooter

New Grizzly Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Grizzly Rider   New Grizzly Rider Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 8:29 pm

Nice new yamacliner, Lee. Enjoy
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

New Grizzly Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Grizzly Rider   New Grizzly Rider Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 3:13 am

New Grizzly Rider 669999 New Grizzly Rider 29323 

With the power steering now you are ready for a "Ruger day".

New Grizzly Rider 526216 
Back to top Go down
Timmi

New Grizzly Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Grizzly Rider   New Grizzly Rider Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 5:09 am

I loved my Grizz, never had any problems with it. I bought my rzr in Berkeley Springs, WV., not much farther than where you were.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ttimmii/
midget

midget

New Grizzly Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Grizzly Rider   New Grizzly Rider Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 11:17 am

Nice Grizz Very Happy 
Now it is time to put some miles on that thing.Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

New Grizzly Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Grizzly Rider   New Grizzly Rider Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 2:35 pm

Thanks ya'll.  It did roll 1 on the odometer today.  I've about wore a trail from the building in the backyard to the garage with it.  Still can't get over how easy it steers, it feels so light.  Turns a lot tighter than the Brute did.  A whole lot tighter.  That should be nice in the woods.  The clutch is way different too.  Zero stall.  Seems to stop itself fairly quick (not using brakes), but everything is level here so it's hard to tell.

I do look forward to really riding it.  That will happen in WV Wednesday Nov 27th about 1.30PM, give or take 15 minutes...
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

New Grizzly Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Grizzly Rider   New Grizzly Rider Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 3:54 pm

Just a world of wisdom, the front ends tend to get really light going up hill. Other than that, the grizzly's are awesome quads.
Back to top Go down
Yampol

Yampol

New Grizzly Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Grizzly Rider   New Grizzly Rider Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 4:20 pm

Lookin' good!Very Happy  Goin' to make me want one!

Yampol
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

New Grizzly Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Grizzly Rider   New Grizzly Rider Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 9:27 am

The Brute easily (and sometimes unexpectedly) got light on the front too. Especially the way I carried the extra fuel back there. I will be attentive. Anal-lee so...Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

New Grizzly Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Grizzly Rider   New Grizzly Rider Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 8:58 am

Question: There are a lot of Grizzly riders here. That's not the question. Have any of you disabled the footbrake shift block feature? I plan to do it tomorrow so I thought I'd ask. If you have, any downside to it? I know not to shift while moving, and I have seen riders kind of jerking on the lever at times...
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

New Grizzly Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Grizzly Rider   New Grizzly Rider Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 10:54 am

If you mean the cant shift unless the brake is on ? Never had a problem with is as is from the factory. Like any car with a Park setting if you let the full weight of the atv rest on a hill against the shifter you might have a little trouble engaging it but its never been anything I felt like I would disable
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
Lee

Lee

New Grizzly Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Grizzly Rider   New Grizzly Rider Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 10:59 am

I haven't used the foot brake on a quad in an eon.  Heck, I've hardly used the brakes in the past 6 yrs.  I understand the rocking it a bit to get a shift and I'm sure I would get use to to it.  

Last edited by Lee on Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

New Grizzly Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Grizzly Rider   New Grizzly Rider Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 1:32 pm

My one cable seized up on the other side coming back down from the brake handle.
I slightly bent the 'fork' away from the tranny so it doesn't hit the interlock pin. Cool 

New Grizzly Rider Hdr_h1_try-it-youll-like-it
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

New Grizzly Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Grizzly Rider   New Grizzly Rider Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 1:33 pm

It'll also get smoother and easier to shift with time.
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

New Grizzly Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Grizzly Rider   New Grizzly Rider Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 2:15 pm

Thanks Greg. Here we are right on top of winter and never even considered the cable freezing up. That's it. I'm doing it today. Be back later...
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

New Grizzly Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Grizzly Rider   New Grizzly Rider Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 3:15 pm

No... not froze up - seized up.  Cool 

The pin ended up getting stuck out and would not retract when pulling on the cable to let the 'tuning fork' clear the pin to shift tranny into gear.  This all happened 'after' trailering home from a ride, so the quad was stuck - in park - on the trailer until I could get some plastic off the side of it and see what was going on or not going on actually.  Of course at that time I had no idea what the shift lever interlock even did.  

Good write-up and more info HERE

Here's the pin that sticks out and the fork that I bent out with a small adjustable wrench just slightly to miss the pin. I can still push it back where it was, but the cable with the pin attached needs replaced.

New Grizzly Rider Control%20cablem
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

New Grizzly Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Grizzly Rider   New Grizzly Rider Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 3:19 pm

I just used a flat ply and bent the tab just enough to clear. Makes life easier.
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

New Grizzly Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Grizzly Rider   New Grizzly Rider Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 4:10 pm

I really like the way the plastics come off.  Sectional so to speak.

I started here:

New Grizzly Rider IMG_20131108_145038_355_zps373672a4

Then here:

New Grizzly Rider IMG_20131108_145052_786_zps38588a42

Then here:

New Grizzly Rider IMG_20131108_153506_613_zpsa0d4331a

I don't suspect it will give me any problems...
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

New Grizzly Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Grizzly Rider   New Grizzly Rider Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 5:05 pm

wacker wrote:
No... not froze up - seized up.  Cool 
Seized or frozen. Don't move. Same thing. Wont happen now!
Back to top Go down
Farmer

Farmer

New Grizzly Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Grizzly Rider   New Grizzly Rider Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 9:37 pm

That blue looks good with all the decals removed.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

New Grizzly Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Grizzly Rider   New Grizzly Rider Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 2:17 am

Ahh yes. I remember my previous Grizz's gear selector locking up in park sitting in the garage. I went to move it and the gear shift was in rock solid, not gonna budge mode. I also seem to recall my voice pattern instantly becoming quite loud and irritable. That is because the last time I had moved it was after returning from a trip tarnished by a breakdown...

I may have called Wacker to ask about the possible cause. I do remember that the side I needed to tear apart was completely surrounded by other stuff. This resulted in name calling. Laughing All I did was (happily) take a punch and hammer to the pin that was stuck to knock it back out of the way. Rolled the quad to where I had more room in the garage to work on it, and gave the parking pin a good dose of steel wool. It never acted up again. Had the Grizz another couple years, I think. Since then, with any of our quads, we don't store them in "park". At least then we can roll them backward if they decide to become uncooperative. Neutral 
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

New Grizzly Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Grizzly Rider   New Grizzly Rider Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 8:25 am

New Grizzly Rider 526216 
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

New Grizzly Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Grizzly Rider   New Grizzly Rider Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 8:57 am

Never had a problem with that happening, never will now.

Gone, Gone, and Gone

New Grizzly Rider Dscn3610

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Grizzly Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Grizzly Rider   New Grizzly Rider Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Grizzly Rider
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next