QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Turkey Trot VIII

Go down 
+10
Mr.Ed
Punisher
Switchback Roller
Ruger
wacker
Farmer
midget
G Bob
Timmi
Lee
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Lee

Lee

Turkey Trot VIII Empty
PostSubject: Turkey Trot VIII   Turkey Trot VIII Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 10:39 am

Here we go again!  Turkey Trot time is approaching.  Nov 27-30 from Mountain Top above Crumpler.  Please know YOU are most welcome to join us.  So do it!! Very Happy Our special Thursday event is all set.  Some of you know what I mean.  Those that don't should come find out.

Countdown to Turkey Trot VIII
Back to top Go down
Timmi

Turkey Trot VIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Trot VIII   Turkey Trot VIII Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 6:51 am

I plan on being there Saturday. I have the stock muffler this time. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ttimmii/
Lee

Lee

Turkey Trot VIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Trot VIII   Turkey Trot VIII Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 9:13 am

What? Removing a mod? Cool  I look forward to seeing you there.
Back to top Go down
Timmi

Turkey Trot VIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Trot VIII   Turkey Trot VIII Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am

Yea it was a mite loud don't you think? Smile
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

Turkey Trot VIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Trot VIII   Turkey Trot VIII Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 5:31 pm

I don't have a muffler at all. Or Handlebars. Or a seat.

This is all I got. I'll be ready for the Trot though, as soon as I get something to go under this stuff.

Turkey Trot VIII All_i_10
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

Turkey Trot VIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Trot VIII   Turkey Trot VIII Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 10:23 pm

have a new brute under consideration Lee?
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
Lee

Lee

Turkey Trot VIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Trot VIII   Turkey Trot VIII Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 8:11 am

The Brute did a fantastic job, but it looks like it will be a GrizzLee this time Bob. The 550 EPS in Steel Blue is the leading candidate. So far, Romney has offered the best deal. Hey, if you ride in WV you might as well buy in WV!! Very Happy  And spend a day test riding it before bringing it home maybe.
Back to top Go down
midget

midget

Turkey Trot VIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Trot VIII   Turkey Trot VIII Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 6:05 am

Lee wrote:
The Brute did a fantastic job, but it looks like it will be a GrizzLee this time Bob.  The 550 EPS in Steel Blue is the leading candidate.  So far, Romney has offered the best deal. Hey, if you ride in WV you might as well buy in WV!! Very Happy  And spend a day test riding it before bringing it home maybe.
WOW the Brute is gone

Your not the first one to leave the Force and move to the Blue side.
I think you will  be happy with the Grizzly.( I know you will not have that V TWIN power but what
you lack in that area you will make up in the ride and handling.
Also I have bought a few rides from Romney and was happy with the deal I got.

Good Luck and enjoy your new ride.
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

Turkey Trot VIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Trot VIII   Turkey Trot VIII Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 11:36 am

I was on my way to Romney to get ours but a stop here: http://www.tricountyhonda.com/ saved me about 40 minutes drive time and 300 bucks on the two atvs. If they are closer to you Lee you might check them out.
I think you'll be pleased with the Yamaha. You give up the hair on fire acceleration of the brute but you get a great ride, much sharper turning radius and for me never having to try to adjust two sets of valves again was a big plus. Since I'm a lard ass I got the 700 but for a little lad such as yourself the 550 would be a great ride Smile
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

Turkey Trot VIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Trot VIII   Turkey Trot VIII Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:13 am

Thanks Bob!
Back to top Go down
Farmer

Farmer

Turkey Trot VIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Trot VIII   Turkey Trot VIII Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 8:02 pm

Looks like Bob (Prairie Pounder), Ed (Mr Ed) and I (Farmer) will be coming down together Wednesday afternoon. I can't believe you're switching sides Lee! I have a Brute now and no RZR.
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

Turkey Trot VIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Trot VIII   Turkey Trot VIII Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 8:53 pm

I'm not dissing the ole Brute in any way Farmer. It did me a fantastic job and I'm a better person for having owned it (and owning most folks that dared to pull up beside it). It set the bar fairly high. I'm sure there will be times when I will miss those other 200cc's. Wacker explained to me how the Yamahahaha 550 was a great girls ride. He didn't word it just that way, but that's what he said... Surprised 

Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Turkey Trot VIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Trot VIII   Turkey Trot VIII Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 9:24 pm

Shocked  Oh Exclamation

I didn't mean for it to sound like that . . . Cool 

Just put 700 stickers on it - no one will know.

Turkey Trot VIII 810335
Back to top Go down
Farmer

Farmer

Turkey Trot VIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Trot VIII   Turkey Trot VIII Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 9:54 pm

I know I was just giving you a hard time. Just came upon a good deal on this used one when I traded the RZR in.
Back to top Go down
Timmi

Turkey Trot VIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Trot VIII   Turkey Trot VIII Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 7:39 am

I have three friends who swore they would never buy Yamaha. Two had the BF like Lee's, the other had a KQ 700.
All three tried my 700 when I had it, but then later bought the 550. They said you honestly can't tell the difference in everyday riding.
In 5 years I replaced only brake pads and wheel bearings, and that was from riding in the mud and creeks every time I rode.
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

Turkey Trot VIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Trot VIII   Turkey Trot VIII Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:09 am

Farmer wrote:
I was just giving you a hard time.
Which is fair!!

Wacker wrote:
I didn't mean for it to sound like that .
Yes you did. I heard you laugh. Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

Turkey Trot VIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Trot VIII   Turkey Trot VIII Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 9:00 am

She Liked her 550

Turkey Trot VIII DSCN3074
Back to top Go down
Switchback Roller

Switchback Roller

Turkey Trot VIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Trot VIII   Turkey Trot VIII Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 1:52 pm

Yes I did, Its a girls machine
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

Turkey Trot VIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Trot VIII   Turkey Trot VIII Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 4:11 pm

I like Girls so I guess it will be OK...

Besides that, if a girl likes it I know I'll be satisfied!!
Back to top Go down
Punisher

Punisher

Turkey Trot VIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Trot VIII   Turkey Trot VIII Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:18 pm

All the girls will be wanting a ride with Grizz-Lee on the Five Fif-Tee , lol , just like all the girls wanted to ride with Fonzie on happy Days .

Turkey Trot VIII 3B0B71F7-69F2-4442-BB98-BAA625F65678-17364-0000268BFBD09134_zpsf67db328

That's a good thing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

Turkey Trot VIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Trot VIII   Turkey Trot VIII Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 7:17 am

I'm down with that!

Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

Turkey Trot VIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Trot VIII   Turkey Trot VIII Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 8:43 am

8119624398_f29eafcff1_b
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

Turkey Trot VIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Trot VIII   Turkey Trot VIII Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 3:00 pm

Why do I feel so excited all of a sudden like? Fitting in comfortably with the girls is our goal right??
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

Turkey Trot VIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Trot VIII   Turkey Trot VIII Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 4:31 pm

I've heard it said that people on this site are prone to "poking the bear" as it were Smile Enjoy your new toy
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

Turkey Trot VIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Trot VIII   Turkey Trot VIII Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:01 pm

To get back into a safe zone,

Who is coming?

I know of:

Rocinate
Dangerdave
Kboggs
Roger
Throttleboss
CustomerMike
Punisher
Wacker
Mr Ed
Farmer
Praire Pounder
Scooter
Mrs & Mr Woodbutcher

I have BudR as a definate maybe

grizzlynitemare from Grizzly Riders says he going to show, probably staying with cousins near Princeton.  He's lives somewhere in NC...

I had a few tee shirts made.  I have several XL's and a few L available.  They do have a pocket with an ATV on it. Do not feel obligated!!  $15

Turkey Trot VIII TeeProof2_zps2ef98714
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Turkey Trot VIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Trot VIII   Turkey Trot VIII Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turkey Trot VIII
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next