QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time to get a GPS - Suggestions wanted!

Go down 
+2
Timmi
Punisher
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Punisher

Punisher

Time to get a GPS - Suggestions wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Time to get a GPS - Suggestions wanted!   Time to get a GPS - Suggestions wanted! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 12:31 am

I have been faithfully saving my pennies Very Happy for the gps fund , over 45,000 of them so far , by selling various junk & doing side jobs.
Since I have issues with new technology & also cannot see small sheet anymore I need something mainstream that others also have ( & can show me how to use if needed ) is somewhat easy to use & download stuff to & has a big screen so i can see it .
 Looking at possibly Garmin Montana series , don't really need the camera though.
Any thoughts or suggestions , any extras needed and a suggestions for a good / reliable seller are welcome, Thanks in advance Very Happy

Time to get a GPS - Suggestions wanted! 56A0ABDF-2B52-439E-BE5B-8B4A9E870B25-7880-000010D5938BCFB5_zps872031a6
Back to top Go down
Timmi

PostSubject: Re: Time to get a GPS - Suggestions wanted!   Time to get a GPS - Suggestions wanted! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 6:50 am

Can't go wrong with Garmin Oregon or Montana
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ttimmii/
G Bob

G Bob

PostSubject: Re: Time to get a GPS - Suggestions wanted!   Time to get a GPS - Suggestions wanted! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 9:07 am

the old 60 series are serving lots of us well to this day
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
DJ750

DJ750

PostSubject: Re: Time to get a GPS - Suggestions wanted!   Time to get a GPS - Suggestions wanted! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:55 am

I have this one 62stc I really like it works well can find all my way points and load maps download trips and does pretty much whatever I need.

However I also have this one nüvi 2555LMT Does most everything the other one does. I can load maps and find way points follow routs and download trips I have taken. The screen is about 4x the size and it cost much less. you would have enough money left over to get this Ram Aqua box

If I was to only have one it would probably be the Nuvi. But to be honest I have only had is about two months and only used it on one trip. It does not work with Mapsorce you have to use Basecamp but it is very user friendly.

Last edited by DJ750 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Time to get a GPS - Suggestions wanted!   Time to get a GPS - Suggestions wanted! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 10:32 am

Great Info from DJ - You can definitely try a Garmin nuvi with a 5" screen for cheap !

Check out this post for more info and pictures of both types that I've mounted on the quad.

DJ750 wrote:
I have this one 62stc I really like it works well can find all my way points and load maps download trips and does pretty much whatever I need.

However I also have this one nüvi 2555LMT Does most everything the other one does. I can load maps and find way points follow routs and download trips I have taken. The screen is about 4x the size and it cost much less. you would have enough money left over to get this Ram Aqua box

If I was to only have one it would probably be the Nuvi. But to be honest I have only had is about two months and only used it on one trip. It does not work with Mapsorce you have to use Basecamp but it is very user friendly.
Back to top Go down
Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

PostSubject: Re: Time to get a GPS - Suggestions wanted!   Time to get a GPS - Suggestions wanted! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 12:42 am

I recommend this:
Time to get a GPS - Suggestions wanted! GPSx3

Actually, I would have recommended the Nuvi 500, but it's been discontinued. However you might still find it online.
Back to top Go down
Timmi

PostSubject: Re: Time to get a GPS - Suggestions wanted!   Time to get a GPS - Suggestions wanted! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 7:21 am

I will take a pic of my setup. I have the Nuvi 500 and 60csx together similar to your mounts. The Nuvi displays city navigator plus Bob T's maps, the 60 just displays trails, both Bob T's and mine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ttimmii/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to get a GPS - Suggestions wanted!   Time to get a GPS - Suggestions wanted! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time to get a GPS - Suggestions wanted!
Page 1 of 1