QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can Am Demo Ride

Go down 
+6
Sportsman
suze
DJ750
Tequila
wacker
Prairie Pounder
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

Can Am Demo Ride Empty
PostSubject: Can Am Demo Ride   Can Am Demo Ride Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 4:18 am

Received an invite from Can Am to test drive their products at Pocahontas trailhead this Saturday. I'm guessing HM trail pass purchases prompted the invite. I talked to Mike Pinkerton to find out if it was going to be a parking lot test drive or a trail test drive. (Believe it or not, the Can Am rep I talked to didn't know...huh??) Anyway, Mike said it will be nearly a 30 minute trail ride and should be a good time. He also plans on being there. Wi-Fee and I are planning on cruising down to give em a go. Are any other QCR members making the trip? Mike ask me to tell all QCR members "hi". We should be proud that long term HM employees think highly of our members.

Can Am Demo Ride 339301
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Can Am Demo Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can Am Demo Ride   Can Am Demo Ride Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 7:25 am

Can Am Demo Ride 810335

Glad you got the 'scoop' from MP - nice guy for sure.

Can Am Demo Ride 397290
Back to top Go down
Tequila

Tequila

Can Am Demo Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can Am Demo Ride   Can Am Demo Ride Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:23 am

Have fun! We'll be anxious to get your review. We received an invite for Rock Run last weekend. Yampol did a test drive on the Commander at a GNCC event, that may be why we received it. Just a reminder, be certain to take your own helmet...or you have to use one of theirs... Mad
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

Can Am Demo Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can Am Demo Ride   Can Am Demo Ride Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:21 am

PP I did this at Burning Rock last year they took us on a nice ride on the trail. The guy that was leading the ride saw that we were capable riders and took us out multiple times on all the machines. He opened it up and let it rip and we had a good time. I liked the Renegade it was super fun but it pushed hard in the corners to the point I backed off. They did not have any SXS on that demo ride so didn't get in on that.
Back to top Go down
suze

suze

Can Am Demo Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can Am Demo Ride   Can Am Demo Ride Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 7:28 pm

Have fun PP !!
Back to top Go down
Sportsman

Sportsman

Can Am Demo Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can Am Demo Ride   Can Am Demo Ride Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:16 pm

If I wasn't going to be really busy on Sat , I would go down. I would get free room and board in Princeton, maybe a free meal or two. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

Can Am Demo Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can Am Demo Ride   Can Am Demo Ride Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 6:46 am

Kudos to Can Am for a really nice time trying out two of their sxs's. Drove a Commander first. It was the Limited version. Very nice rig. Loaded with accessories and ready for the trail. The big brown truck wouldn't recommend that version. There isn't much you could add to it. You will have to subtract nearly 20 large bills from your piggie to own one. Ouch! How much is a Jeep? It did ride nicely. Had an adjustable on-the-go air-ride suspension. Two accelerator modes. Plenty of power. The trunk beneath the bed is a brilliant idea. Wi-Fee would prefer not having a roof and we both disliked the half windshield. It was very dirty and made seeing right in front of the machine very difficult. Especially for my 3/4 scale companion. Next we drove the Maverick. That would have to be the ONE. More power. More suspension. No roof. No windshield. But no trunk either.

The Can Am staff was super nice. They quickly determined that even though we showed up in street cloths that we had some idea what we were doing. We didn't have to wait for our second test drive. Went from one machine right to the other. The route was a good one. Plenty of whoops and steep terrain. You couldn't ask for a better test drive. If only Polaris had been there the same day.

Talked with Mike P. Walked the town. It was our first time in Bramwell. The town was packed with off road vehicles. Saw some cool looking rigs. A couple XP's. Big rig. Super bad looking.

Didn't take any pics worth sharing. And yes, we did take our own helmets (thanks Tequila). I sure wouldn't want someone wearing my skanky helmet. Laughing

We drove 10 hours and would do it again for another brand. It was a beautiful day. We had a good time. Wi-Fee enjoyed being in a SXS on W Va trails much more than she expected. Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed

Can Am Demo Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can Am Demo Ride   Can Am Demo Ride Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 6:55 am

Can Am Demo Ride 597300 it sure was a good weekend to get out
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Can Am Demo Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can Am Demo Ride   Can Am Demo Ride Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 8:13 am

Nice 'ride' report - glad you got out into the WVa woods again Very Happy

Had lunch in Bramwell back in March - very nice town.
Back to top Go down
Sportsman

Sportsman

Can Am Demo Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can Am Demo Ride   Can Am Demo Ride Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 7:25 pm

Thanks for share the ride report.
Back to top Go down
Timmi

Can Am Demo Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can Am Demo Ride   Can Am Demo Ride Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 8:16 am

Thanks for the info! We were sitting at the mini stair steps last Saturday when some NC boys rolled in riding Can ams. One was the limited. 20 grand? wow!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ttimmii/
Lee

Lee

Can Am Demo Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can Am Demo Ride   Can Am Demo Ride Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 8:18 am

Soon you too can be an owner!!

BRP files for IPO
Liz Hochstedler
April 18, 2013
Filed under News

BRP Inc. is making headway in its plan to go public. On Wednesday, the company filed a preliminary prospectus for a proposed initial public offering of its subordinate voting shares in Canada.

Bain Capital is currently the largest shareholder of the company, with an estimated 50 percent stake. The Bombardier and Beaudoin families have about a 35 percent stake under the Beaudier Group, and pension fund manager Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec holds the remaining 15 percent, according to a Financial Post report. BRP is expected to go into the Toronto Stock Exchange IPO seeking to raise $250 million.

BRP last sought to take the company public in 2008, but that plan was halted when Lehman Brothers collapsed that September.

Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

Can Am Demo Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can Am Demo Ride   Can Am Demo Ride Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 11:39 am

Timmi wrote:
We were sitting at the mini stair steps last Saturday when some NC boys rolled in riding Can ams. One was the limited. 20 grand? wow!

In general NC Boys are nucking futs, right Lee Question
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

Can Am Demo Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can Am Demo Ride   Can Am Demo Ride Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 1:35 pm

At times being called General Lee, I have to generally agree with you Ruger. Nucking Futs for sure, at least @ $20K.

I get all nucking futs much cheaper!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Can Am Demo Ride Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can Am Demo Ride   Can Am Demo Ride Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can Am Demo Ride
Page 1 of 1