QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rock/Gilbert Info for Next Week

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Killjoy

Rock/Gilbert Info for Next Week Empty
PostSubject: Rock/Gilbert Info for Next Week   Rock/Gilbert Info for Next Week Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 11:37 am

Hi Everyone.

My group is headed to H/M next week, riding Wed-Saturday, staying at Twin Hallow CG. Mostly riding the Rock, but we'll likely spend a day at Bearwallow too. Two question questions:

1) Is there any place to get the latest trail info? I normally like to markup my trail maps before I leave... which direction is best, trail blockages, etc. Any input would be appreciated, esp for the Rock and Bear Wallow. It's been 2 years since my last visit.

2) Is anyone aware of a place close to, or on the way to, Twin Hallow CG that we can buy firewood locally before heading up the driveway? I'm not going to haul wood from home (laws, too much weight)... but would like to "load up" in close proximity to the campground... and not pay the $5 per small bundle all week.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down
polarislover

polarislover

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Gilbert Info for Next Week   Rock/Gilbert Info for Next Week Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:09 pm

Chris Jackson...304.664.3178. He sells for $65 per truckload. You can try to make arrangements with him for a place for pickup. Enjoy your trip...
Back to top Go down
http://www.livingoodlodging.com
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Gilbert Info for Next Week   Rock/Gilbert Info for Next Week Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 2:58 pm

Killjoy

Rock/Gilbert Info for Next Week 202261 to QCR

Have a couple maps ready and give the HMT office a call,
they'll usually be able to give you the current closures for
all the trail systems.

1-800-592-2217

Map links here:

https://quadcrewriders.forumotion.com/t1282-hatfield-mccoy-map-links
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock/Gilbert Info for Next Week   Rock/Gilbert Info for Next Week Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock/Gilbert Info for Next Week
Page 1 of 1