Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 new guy from gettysburg

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
highline

avatar

Posts : 9
Join date : 2012-12-29

PostSubject: new guy from gettysburg   Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:18 pm

hey all, figured I'd check in here also. Name is Scott - from Gettysburg, PA, I have a rzr 570LE and I have 2011 Kawasaki Brute Force 750. I like to ride up at michaux occasionally and I really like to ride up in the frackville & shamokin area. I have also been out to mountain ridge atv park and enjoyed that also. Depending on where I ride, sometimes I have my son with me in the sxs.

maybe I'll see some of you around. I was up at michaux a couple weeks ago and actually passed another 570LE, I thought it was kinda weird, since I had a little trouble finding mine.

Scott
Back to top Go down
Yampol

avatar

Posts : 343
Join date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: new guy from gettysburg   Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:45 am

Welcome Highline. Might see you at Michaux someday.

Yampol

Back to top Go down
suze

avatar

Posts : 634
Join date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: new guy from gettysburg   Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:10 pm

WELCOME !! Midget & I ride @ Michaux also. Laughing
Back to top Go down
wacker

avatar

Posts : 4054
Join date : 2010-01-30
Location : S/C PA

PostSubject: Re: new guy from gettysburg   Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:47 pm



Stop in often...

We like SnowShoe & HMT...
Michaux is good place for a quick ride
Lot's of us are close by.



Back to top Go down
giddyupgirl

avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: new guy from gettysburg   Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:30 pm

Welcome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Timmi



Posts : 112
Join date : 2011-11-30
Age : 63
Location : Christiansburg, Virginia

PostSubject: Re: new guy from gettysburg   Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:09 am

Welcome, Scott. I have some friends in Pa who ride. How do like the 570?

highline wrote:
hey all, figured I'd check in here also. Name is Scott - from Gettysburg, PA, I have a rzr 570LE and I have 2011 Kawasaki Brute Force 750. I like to ride up at michaux occasionally and I really like to ride up in the frackville & shamokin area. I have also been out to mountain ridge atv park and enjoyed that also. Depending on where I ride, sometimes I have my son with me in the sxs.

maybe I'll see some of you around. I was up at michaux a couple weeks ago and actually passed another 570LE, I thought it was kinda weird, since I had a little trouble finding mine.

Scott
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ttimmii/
Prairie Pounder

avatar

Posts : 984
Join date : 2010-02-05
Location : Go Bucks!

PostSubject: Re: new guy from gettysburg   Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:58 pm

Welcome Highline. Glad you found us! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
highline

avatar

Posts : 9
Join date : 2012-12-29

PostSubject: Re: new guy from gettysburg   Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:10 pm

hi timmi, the 570 is good - seems like it has decent power and is a pretty capable machine. I have always ridden big utility quads and riding the rzr reminds me of sitting in a couch with a steering wheel. It's just a different type of riding. I've had it on almost every trail at michaux so far following atv's - I'm just a lot slower than them. My direct list of upgrades include different tires, different springs front & rear and a 2" lift kit for a little more clearance. I think I'm gonna try and fab some doors and possibly down the road some roll bar changes. I have another buddy with an 800 rzr, but haven't got to ride with him yet.

Scott

Timmi wrote:
Welcome, Scott. I have some friends in Pa who ride. How do like the 570?

highline wrote:
hey all, figured I'd check in here also. Name is Scott - from Gettysburg, PA, I have a rzr 570LE and I have 2011 Kawasaki Brute Force 750. I like to ride up at michaux occasionally and I really like to ride up in the frackville & shamokin area. I have also been out to mountain ridge atv park and enjoyed that also. Depending on where I ride, sometimes I have my son with me in the sxs.

maybe I'll see some of you around. I was up at michaux a couple weeks ago and actually passed another 570LE, I thought it was kinda weird, since I had a little trouble finding mine.

Scott
Back to top Go down
Timmi



Posts : 112
Join date : 2011-11-30
Age : 63
Location : Christiansburg, Virginia

PostSubject: Re: new guy from gettysburg   Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:05 am

This is my first ever sxs as well. I have the racer tech 2" lift, it helps more than it sounds like it would. With my spring load on the 3rd notch stock I had 9" ground clearance to the frame. Racer tech has a spring package I want to install also. I am undecided on which tire to buy. I want 26" radials. I installed a fuel programmer,an ngk spark plug, and uni foam air filter as well. It runs like an immigrant now. Mine is not the le model.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ttimmii/
highline

avatar

Posts : 9
Join date : 2012-12-29

PostSubject: Re: new guy from gettysburg   Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:19 pm

sounds like we are heading in a similar direction. I will definetely be using racer tech's spring & lift package deal. I think I'm gonna stick with 25" tires and I'd like to try the duro power grips. they resemble a big horn and they are 6 ply. I also installed the NGK plug. Another company that has my attention is American Star - tempting to try their exhaust & a uni air filter. Did you use Alba's fuel controller? Where did you notice power gains with your setup?

thanks

Scott

Timmi wrote:
This is my first ever sxs as well. I have the racer tech 2" lift, it helps more than it sounds like it would. With my spring load on the 3rd notch stock I had 9" ground clearance to the frame. Racer tech has a spring package I want to install also. I am undecided on which tire to buy. I want 26" radials. I installed a fuel programmer,an ngk spark plug, and uni foam air filter as well. It runs like an immigrant now. Mine is not the le model.
Back to top Go down
Timmi



Posts : 112
Join date : 2011-11-30
Age : 63
Location : Christiansburg, Virginia

PostSubject: Re: new guy from gettysburg   Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:35 pm

I am familiar with the power grips, seems to be a good tire. I am going with the reptile radial in 25". The controller eliminates stalling and backfiring, also helps engine braking. I don't see a lot of power gain but I have mine on minimum setting. I like the foam uni filter over the paper filter. The American Star pipe is what I have, it is very loud! I have put my stock muffler back on until I can quiet the A/S down.


highline wrote:
sounds like we are heading in a similar direction. I will definetely be using racer tech's spring & lift package deal. I think I'm gonna stick with 25" tires and I'd like to try the duro power grips. they resemble a big horn and they are 6 ply. I also installed the NGK plug. Another company that has my attention is American Star - tempting to try their exhaust & a uni air filter. Did you use Alba's fuel controller? Where did you notice power gains with your setup?

thanks

Scott

Timmi wrote:
This is my first ever sxs as well. I have the racer tech 2" lift, it helps more than it sounds like it would. With my spring load on the 3rd notch stock I had 9" ground clearance to the frame. Racer tech has a spring package I want to install also. I am undecided on which tire to buy. I want 26" radials. I installed a fuel programmer,an ngk spark plug, and uni foam air filter as well. It runs like an immigrant now. Mine is not the le model.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ttimmii/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: new guy from gettysburg   

Back to top Go down
 
new guy from gettysburg
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
QuadCrew Riders :: General Discussions :: Introductions-
Jump to: